Haynesworthless is a Patriot

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;4011484 said:
I've got to assume they're planning to play him as a penetrator from the end position. I hadn't heard that he was averse to playing that role, only the nose.

Ok then, it was a Commander thing.:D

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Nightshade;4011476 said:
If it were the Cowboys it would have been a dumb move. Garrett's got no history of getting something out of disgruntled vets. BB has had success with Corey Dillon and Randy Moss when everyone else thought they were head cases.

It's not just an anti - Cowboy bias.

I agree with this. Jason needs to develop as a HC before tackling guys like this. There is no place for a guy like this on our team at this time.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If they cut him after the season do they take a cap hit?

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Good move by both teams. The 'Skins had to get rid of him, he may have been worth more but to try and hold out for that wouldn't have helped the team. The Pats already have a very good NT in Wilfork and won't ask Haynesworth to play that position.

If the fat lump can pass his physical and actually buys into the Pats system, he can be very productive again.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
This move is much more significant in Madden than it is in real life.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4011387 said:
Welcome to 'I Hate Jerry World.'

:bang2:

YR

:laugh2:

http://i218.***BLOCKED***/albums/cc10/genjusu101/DramaticCat.jpg

Some of you guys are so ridiculous. Somehow my saying I wish we'd gotten a few picks for 3 starters has turned into I hate Jerry.

aggiecurt05

Reaction score
The difference here is timing. Belichick put in his system years ago, and proved it worked- the no nonsense, team based program. As such, the proven system now allows for a few undervalued problem kids (Moss, Haynesworth) because there isn't the risk that they will come in and destroy the whole program that's been established.

Garrett, on the other hand, is having to put his in right now- starting with cutting lazy underachievers. 5 years from now, hopefully, this is the exact kind of move that I hope the Cowboys are in position to take advantage of. If they did it today, it would risk Garrett not getting control of the locker room.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Another brilliant move by Belichek. Only cost them a 5th. He will get his head on straight guaranteed. The Patriots are the leagues best run franchise with good management. If only Jerry could take some lessons.

Lodeus

Reaction score
CowboyDan;4011539 said:
This move is much more significant in Madden than it is in real life.

He may be an idiot at times, but at his best Haynesworth is a BEAST. Its a steal in my eyes.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Ty Warren(back from injury?) Vince Wilfork and Haynseworth on a team that was 14-2 last year and couldn't pressure the QB to save their life? I would think NE fans are pretty damn happy right about now.

Nightshade

Reaction score
aggiecurt05;4011587 said:
The difference here is timing. Belichick put in his system years ago, and proved it worked- the no nonsense, team based program. As such, the proven system now allows for a few undervalued problem kids (Moss, Haynesworth) because there isn't the risk that they will come in and destroy the whole program that's been established.

Garrett, on the other hand, is having to put his in right now- starting with cutting lazy underachievers. 5 years from now, hopefully, this is the exact kind of move that I hope the Cowboys are in position to take advantage of. If they did it today, it would risk Garrett not getting control of the locker room.

I agree with this but let's hope the next 5 years has one or two SB's in there for Garrett as well because BB's SB victories is a HUGE factor in his ability to retain control and respect in that locker room.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
aggiecurt05;4011587 said:

Good post and true.

Nightshade;4011709 said:
I agree with this but let's hope the next 5 years has one or two SB's in there for Garrett as well because BB's SB victories is a HUGE factor in his ability to retain control and respect in that locker room.

Agree, we just have to win. I think we will have to win one when we aren't supposed to win to make them see him as the coach he is. Hopefully that's this year.

vlad

Reaction score
dmq;4011391 said:
Because it is the Patriots, it is being looked at as a smart move. If it were the Cowboys, it would be looked at as a dumb move.

True, but unfortunately they have earned that reputation while we have not. I mean if Jimmy did this trade then it would be viewed as a smart gamble (like Haley) because its Jimmy. Had Jerry done this (without knowing what Garrett will become), it would be viewed like a Pac-Man transaction.

Hopefully he sinks there too, because I don't like the Patriots and who knows if there are any escalators in the trade.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
zrinkill;4011481 said:
Do not understand why the Pats are still considered geniuses.

They have not won a Superbowl in 7 years and almost ruined their team with Randy Moss.

Dunno about that. Not when they come in at 14 wins.

Patriots are one of the best run teams in the NFL. Plain and simple, there aren't many, if any, that are run better.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Woods;4011286 said:
I guess the Pats are banking that in the right environment that Haynesworth will elevate his play.

We'll see . . . . Don't know if his "heart is in the work" anymore as the saying goes . . . .
I'd say that was a fairly good bet.
Plus the risk of only a 5th rounder....good move, imo.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Lodeus;4011689 said:
He may be an idiot at times, but at his best Haynesworth is a BEAST. Its a steal in my eyes.

If any coach can turn this guy's attitude around it's Belichek, but it's a big "if". There's no question that Fat Albert has talent, but it's what's between his ears that's always been his problem. So you're right, it's a steal "if" Bill can get Albert's head right. But again, it's a big "if".

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
jobberone;4012292 said:
He will play reasonably well. I question what kind of shape he is in.

Maybe a vase?

http://i55.***BLOCKED***/albums/g129/atrewsfan/small-neo-orange-vase-med.jpg