Head coaching gut feelings

visionary

Reaction score
Just curious, how are we going to get Payton? It would cost us some first rounders

nope

in my gut, when Payton signed the extension he had an ‘out’ clause if Brees retires and I think this might be his last year

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
nope

in my gut, when Payton signed the extension he had an ‘out’ clause if Brees retires and I think this might be his last year

Sorry, I should have been more specific and was looking at it from a different angle. Even if Brees retires, they gave up a 3 to get Bridgewater who I believe won every game when Brees was injured. I dont think he is insurance, he is the replacement. Payton is the highest paid coach as well and has a bunch of talent (I think you know). I just don't see why he would want to leave. Good conversation though.

CB61

Reaction score
If Dallas goes NFL experience: Greg Roman

If Dallas goes College ranks: Urban Meyer

I think the delay with Garrett is in regards to discussion about another position within the organization
God help us

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the delay with Garrett is in regards to discussion about another position within the organization
Not sure about Roman but agree with Meyer and the delay.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Brees will not retire he looks like he can play another 5 yrs and earn another 150 big ones LOL.

CB61

Reaction score
God will help remember their America's team my friend
Hopefully he will let Tom Landry intervene? LOL seeing as Tom did a lot of preaching in the off-season

CB61

Reaction score
Dan Mullen is another name that has been mentioned? Because of the former connection with Dak Prescott

Qcard

Reaction score

Kris Richard will be our next Head Coach

Sale job... defense will be "his" players. Marinelli is gone.

Kellen Moore stays! Dak gets $35 million per.

2020 Cowboys

bysbox1

Reaction score
"Jason, we know, and appreciate you, and we've known through the years how invaluable your skill set is unrelated to the head coaching position, and uh, so it would be through my own personal request based on our relationship through the years, and pertaining to what I know is in your heart, which, of course, is to stay with the Cowboys, and uh, let me also say this, that I do understand what you would like to do relative to the GM position in our organization, though it does pain me to say that, I, uh, cannot in good conscience relinquish my title for obvious reasons as we spoke about yesterday, but Jason, we would still very much like you to serve in a much higher capacity relative to where it would bring you in close contact with the players, but, of course, not in any coaching capacity, at which point I will tell you that if you accept my highly distinguished offer of a job title that mirrors my own, I will personally give you the use of my yacht for 12 months, the use of my helicopter for 12 months, and the use of an Island I am going to buy in February that will be named, THE DALLAS COWBOYS, and that, Jason, is on top of a multi-million dollar salary. What do you say? Can you give us an answer by Thursday, son?"

I'm confused. (And scared) What job is he talking about? That's the answer I need by Thursday.

THAT is a great Jerry Jones impersonation (in writing) . . .