Heads up about ESPN

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Got the same problem here with Nexstar and their NBC station in Austin, it's locked out on DirecTV and I will not get to watch the game Sunday night unless they settle this soon.

It's ridiculous what these networks are trying to pull. And it sucks that these contracts expired right before football season. I suppose, worst case scenario, there's always the sports bar.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or ignorant.
I experienced can be ignorance.

For some not familiar with those sites if you don't know what to do with it you might get in trouble.

However it is nowhere as bad as it used to be and user's have learned more.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I experienced can be ignorance.

For some not familiar with those sites if you don't know what to do with it you might get in trouble.

However it is nowhere as bad as it used to be and user's have learned more.
So have the hackers. I work in the business. You go there and you get exposed If they want to expose you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can get directv streaming and keep Spectrum internet.
I had DirecTv for 6+ years. Every year they kept on increasing their package prices while decreasing their packages. Only reason I kept them for so long was for their NFL Sunday Ticket. Even that was getting too expensive with their prices increasing as well. It's a big reason why DirecTv has been losing business and why the NFL Sunday Ticket is no longer carried by them.

I made the switch to Spectrum two years ago, and it has saved me over $200 / month. I'm not switching back just for Disney and their unwanted politics.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I had DirecTv for 6+ years. Every year they kept on increasing their package prices while decreasing their packages. Only reason I kept them for so long was for their NFL Sunday Ticket. Even that was getting too expensive with their prices increasing as well. It's a big reason why DirecTv has been losing business and why the NFL Sunday Ticket is no longer carried by them.

I made the switch to Spectrum two years ago, and it has saved me over $200 / month. I'm not switching back just for Disney and their unwanted politics.

Exactly. If needed, there's a sports bar nearby that is open until 2 am. I can go there if needed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is a problem that will persist.

TV viewing has changed and this mix of streaming with little to no advertising dollars is killing the old cable model.
NONE of the streamers are making money.

ESPN, Fox lineup and Local channels are 90% of your cable bill.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Experiencing that with Spectrum in HI.

Hoping Buffalo Wild keeps its customers happy, that would be the go to place.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Experiencing that with Spectrum in HI.

Hoping Buffalo Wild keeps its customers happy, that would be the go to place.

Definitely, and I know a bar near where I live that's open until 2 am. I can go there for MNF if needed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Got the same problem here with Nexstar and their NBC station in Austin, it's locked out on DirecTV and I will not get to watch the game Sunday night unless they settle this soon.
Dangit, CC, you should've called me. Got the Peacock app from a buddy of mine.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ESPN is back for me as of last night, and I'm going to be getting a credit for the time that ESPN was out of service.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Does anyone really believe "Maria" Taylor is actually pregnant? I call BS.

In any event, ESPN won't be around in 3 years...imo.