Health Thread **merged**

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by YosemiteSam, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

19,469 Messages
    28,255 Likes Received
    Not sure if you are trying to be funny or just trolling.

In any case, anyone looking for a diagnosis from regular people online is wasting their time. People should always go to an actual doctor for diagnosis when they have health issues.

lukin2006 and RGV_C_Los like this.
  2. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

10,575 Messages
    17,488 Likes Received
    LOL, just fyi, I am always trying to be funny, that is the main reason I am here, self-amusement Doesn't always work but I do give the effort. I would not choose to be serious on a sports site.

I thought I had been on here long enough for you to realize that as well as I would never diagnose someone's health issues, but thanks for playing along. This is a first for me, actually explaining that I am not serious.

Xelda, lukin2006, ColoCowboy and 3 others like this.
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

19,469 Messages
    28,255 Likes Received
    I tend to a be a very (extreme) literal person especially while working so if there are no additional signs or hints something is meant as humor, I assume it is a serious post. Not your fault of course, but just like sarcasm fails to be recognized by a lot of people in online text, I have that issue with humor and other emotions when no additional context or hints are applied.

All good though!

4. CouchCoach

10,575 Messages
    17,488 Likes Received
    S'ok, I thought you knew I was just screwing around. It is safe to assume I am in the future.....unless I am not and I can't tell you because it will ruin the effect.

In your position, I would be literal as well. Some poster starts talking about hanging out a shingle in a thread and playing doctor, can't ignore that. Now, please drop your pants, turn your head and cough. How long have you had that cough?

Xelda, lukin2006 and Reality like this.
  5. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

17,466 Messages
    17,520 Likes Received
    I don't really have any health issues and don't get sick very often. With that said, battling something now. For a week or so, my eyes had constant discharge(mucous) and when I would wake up, the eyes would almost be dried up. Sleep dried up all around the eyelids, corners, etc. once I cleaned all that up, the eyes continued to discharge all day.

So, went to an opthomologist to have it looked at. Turns out I have MGD and blepharitis. My glands stopped producing lipids that mix with the tears to keep eyes moistened. I am now on a regimen of two kinds of drops every 5 hours, occular heat treatments and eyewashes.

It has been five days since my dr visit and the eyes are about 70% better but the problems are still there, just lighter. The Dr said if this doesn't work, I will need something called manual glandular extraction. No idea what that is or entails but I will bet good money that it is something that I will not participate in :lmao2:

Xelda and lukin2006 like this.
  6. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

12,587 Messages
    23,989 Likes Received
    He probably forgot how to change his avatar, so I'll skip the part about not giving him any ideas......but you need to be more careful in the future!

Xelda likes this.
  7. Runwildboys

12,587 Messages
    23,989 Likes Received
    Wait, so you've just been kidding all this time???

Xelda and RGV_C_Los like this.
  8. Runwildboys

12,587 Messages
    23,989 Likes Received
    Oh man, that sounds horrible.

Xelda and Tabascocat like this.
  9. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

6,129 Messages
    10,274 Likes Received
    I need to get my eyes checked. I thought the thread title said Heath, so I'm reading all these responses and no one is discussing Heath. I thought strange, so I scrolled to topthe and saw it was Health. LOL.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::huh::huh::huh:

Xelda and Runwildboys like this.
  10. Runwildboys

12,587 Messages
    23,989 Likes Received
    Heath has passed on.

11. lukin2006

6,129 Messages
    10,274 Likes Received
    This is a really good thread though. I now know to get my eyes checked.

12. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

966 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    I started a thread a few days ago regarding the benefits, or issues, with CBD oil as a treatment for inflammation associated with arthritis.

I got a lot of good feedback on CBD, but more importantly, the thread spawned a number of conversations about homeopathic medicine - something I would like discuss in more detail

13. lukin2006

6,129 Messages
    10,274 Likes Received
    And never google your symptoms, you go from healthy to dying in 6 clicks.

14. lukin2006

6,129 Messages
    10,274 Likes Received
    I had this very thing when I was a teen. Lasted about a month, visits to my family Dr. and Eye Dr. solved nothing, they prescribed various eye drops ... and mentioned to my Mom some of the possibilities. My eyes cleared up about 2-3 weeks later. Basically just flushed my eyes every morning and put the eye drops in. It sucks when your eyelids do not want to open, and when you are a teen it's a little unsettling.

Xelda and Tabascocat like this.
  15. lukin2006

6,129 Messages
    10,274 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Xelda likes this.
  16. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

6,366 Messages
    4,182 Likes Received
    Lol..or those clickbait links where someone is rubbing their foot and its title is 6 signs you're about to have a heart attack..oh crap my feet hurt at night

17. CouchCoach

10,575 Messages
    17,488 Likes Received
    Damn, I don't care what word you put between manual and extraction, that makes me twitch as I am typing. Hope you get to that next 30% level.

Xelda, lukin2006 and Tabascocat like this.
  18. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

17,466 Messages
    17,520 Likes Received
    Believe me, I have googled other remedies. I am now trying three other treatments on my own :laugh:

19. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

3,127 Messages
    5,802 Likes Received
    No matter the symptoms, I always end up being told I have a brain aneurism.

CouchCoach, Xelda and lukin2006 like this.
  20. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

2,461 Messages
    6,741 Likes Received
    YOU TOO? I couldn't understand why Jeff Heath was being discussed so low in the forums.
    I stopped going to them. They are like the Roadrunner and turn you into Wylie Coyote. You end up placing the anvil over your own head.

CouchCoach, RGV_C_Los and lukin2006 like this.