Heard a rumor on CBS

XXLMike

Reaction score
Don’t roast me - it was a cbs pop up on my phone - it was a video of an insider talking - never heard of him .

He said Cedrick Wilson Jr. being phased out in Miami is a candidate to be a Cowboy on deadline day .

I like it .

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I can’t even imagine Miami Dolphins legend Cedrick Wilson Jr. in a Cowboys jersey. That would be something else.

J12B

Reaction score
Don’t roast me - it was a cbs pop up on my phone - it was a video of an insider talking - never heard of him .

He said Cedrick Wilson Jr. being phased out in Miami is a candidate to be a Cowboy on deadline day .

I like it .

Heard Mike Florio say this yesterday on SNF.

Makes sense, but his cap hit next season is going to be high for a WR3 considering the deal he got with Miami.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Actually read something similar on Twitter..........love to have him back but not at the cost of a draft pick.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If we wouldn’t give him that contract in the off-season, why do we want it now, and give up picks for the privilege?

Miami would need to eat it on this one to the point where they may as well keep him.

J12B

Reaction score
Actually read something similar on Twitter..........love to have him back but not at the cost of a draft pick.

7th round draft pick probably gets it done. I'm sure Miami wants to get out of that contract. He has an $8 million cap hit next season.

He literally has no role in that offense.

Kinda weird considering the deal he got.

Pabst

Reaction score
The problem isn't Wilson, it's his contract. Dallas isn't going to send them a pick for a contract they weren't willing to give out this off-season.. It'd be different if he had a large signing bonus (that Miami would eat on a trade), but 3m is small potatoes.

noletime95

Reaction score
Miami would have to eat the dead cap after paying his signing bonus which might make his contract more palatable form Dallas

RoboQB

Reaction score
The best analogy is...
"This milk is sour. I'll put it back and check it again later."

fansince68

Reaction score

I like it .
Cedric Wilson is not a #1 WR. Not a "splash" move

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I like it .
Makes alot of sense to me. He is a good #3 WR. Not sexy, but can play effectively inside or out. Outside of the WC game he was pretty clutch.

We would basically be surrendering the comp pick we are getting for him

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I don't like using a pick for him, I'd just prefer to roll with what we have and use that pick as part of a package to get some help at DT.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like it .
Started circulating around the last couple of days. I'd be somewhat ok with it. Really comes down to compensation. Honestly feel like his contract would prevent this deal. The Cowboys didn't want to pay him last off season so why take on that deal now?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Started circulating around the last couple of days. I'd be somewhat ok with it. Really comes down to compensation. Honestly feel like his contract would prevent this deal. The Cowboys didn't want to pay him last off season so why take on that deal now?
Cowboys wanted him back. Miami beat them. Miami is also paying half a years salary

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Wilson sure cashed in. Kudos to him but I'd take him back for the right price. He played well in Dallas and he's much needed depth.