Heat Wave

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Of course, we just topped off this crazy hot day with a massive storm that stretched from DC to Richmond. There's crazy numbers without power now.

Local news station just posted this for outage numbers:

Northern Virginia Area: 451,043
Shenandoah Valley/Western Piedmont: 129,969
Richmond Metro/Tri Cities: 134,473
Southside Virginia Area: 25,198

Hopefully they can get people up and running quickly. Tomorrow is going to be another scorcher. Not a good day to be without power.

Reaction score
Muhast;4607001 said:
No I'm not talking about the Miami bandwagon fans either.

It's 103 right now in Georgia, and broke a record high. It will be 107 as the high tomorrow. I've never been in heat this bad before. I know it gets hotter in other parts but this is downright brutal to me. The heat plus humidity is awful right now.

How hot is it right now where you live?

Lol it was 115 earlier this week.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4607094 said:
Hot or cold?

I'm taking the cold.

I can keep putting clothes on, but I can only take so many of them off. :)

The heat just drains me.

And having to live in constant air-conditioning isn't much good for your health either.
In January when you forget what women look like, call me. I'll describe them to you.

[youtube]nrERN4mBXYA[/youtube]

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Afigueroa22;4607142 said:
It's 102 right now in Vegas and it's already 7:30. Tonight should be 95-89.

5 day forecast is lowest temp being 105 and highest being 107. Keep your comments about the heat to yourself please. :D

Today peaked at 106 in georgia with 68% humidity to go along with it. I used to live in texas and this humidity plus the triple digit heat is absolutely brutal for us. This is a good 15 degrees hotter than normal right now

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4607217 said:
In January when you forget what women look like, call me. I'll describe them to you.

Those would be the snow bunnies Hos. ;)

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
107 here today with 6% humidity,,,still springlike here until it hits like 118

Reaction score
It's supposed to be 99 with a index of 109 and 88% humidity. Bad part is half the state of WV lost power last night, so no AC. Estimates say 5-7 days before power is restored in my area. Temps will be steady around 99 with indexs in the triple digits and very high humidity.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It wasn't to0 bad at my son's TBall game this morning in Dallas: 88 degrees. But it's expected to get to 100 and stay there for a few days. Fairly normal. It's also humid for here right now at 59%. Usually, if it's around 95-100 here, it's low humidity (30% or so) and not really that bad outside, unless it's for several hours with no breeze.

I bet that OP's heat in Georgia at 108 is brutal, because it can get really humid there.

Lived in New Orleans for a few years....now that is humidity. 95% or higher was the norm. Dallas is a picnic compared to there.

jnday

Reaction score
DFWJC;4607457 said:
It wasn't to0 bad at my son's TBall game this morning in Dallas: 88 degrees. But it's expected to get to 100 and stay there for a few days. Fairly normal. It's also humid for here right now at 59%. Usually, if it's around 95-100 here, it's low humidity (30% or so) and not really that bad outside, unless it's for several hours with no breeze.

I bet that OP's heat in Georgia at 108 is brutal, because it can get really humid there.

Lived in New Orleans for a few years....now that is humidity. 95% or higher was the norm. Dallas is a picnic compared to there.

South Central Mississippi has the same heat and humidity as New Orleans without the benefit of being closer to the Gulf. At 1:30 this morning I went out on my front porch to smoke and my tee shirt was soaked with sweat before I finished. I feel like I'm melting every time I go outside. It takes two or three showers a day just to feel clean in thisbtype of weather.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
DFWJC;4607457 said:

It is 109 with 65% humidity at the moment here in ga. Ill take texas heat again anyday over this :(

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Faerluna;4607191 said:
Of course, we just topped off this crazy hot day with a massive storm that stretched from DC to Richmond. There's crazy numbers without power now.

Local news station just posted this for outage numbers:

Northern Virginia Area: 451,043
Shenandoah Valley/Western Piedmont: 129,969
Richmond Metro/Tri Cities: 134,473
Southside Virginia Area: 25,198

Hopefully they can get people up and running quickly. Tomorrow is going to be another scorcher. Not a good day to be without power.

Those storms were flippin nuts. We had sustained winds in the 75-80 mph zone for almost 3 hours last night. Outside of a hurricane, I've never seen anything like it. The number of downed trees around here is ridiculous. I myself had a tree on the side of our house catch fire after a big *** branch fell on the high voltage wires....blew a transformer. That was the second time we lost power last night. Finally had it turned back on about an hour ago.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4607122 said:
It was much hotter than 99 at different points in the day today. 108 was the highest I saw it get.
Where did you see 108? It's been right around 97-100 every day this week. The official high yesterday was 99. That was probably at the airport, but even so, temperatures don't usually vary that much in the area.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
tomson75;4607605 said:
Those storms were flippin nuts. We had sustained winds in the 75-80 mph zone for almost 3 hours last night. Outside of a hurricane, I've never seen anything like it. The number of downed trees around here is ridiculous. I myself had a tree on the side of our house catch fire after a big *** branch fell on the high voltage wires....blew a transformer. That was the second time we lost power last night. Finally had it turned back on about an hour ago.

Yea, you definitely got the worst of it. I had several friends without power until this morning, some still didn't have power this afternoon.

I saw heavy winds for 10-15 minutes at the most. The power flickered 10-15 times but we never fully lost it. Not a huge amount of rain, either, which we really did need.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually like the southern heat. It's the cold weather I can't stand.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Officially 108 again here in Nashville again today. But my car gauge said 112 and one of the bank signs said 110. Either way you slice it,it is hot. There is talk of not doing the fireworks this year. I think it would be smart. I walked out across the back of my property today and the grass just crunched under my feet. We are in a bad drought situation here. We need rain badly.