Heat Wave

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4607857 said:
Officially 108 again here in Nashville again today. But my car gauge said 112 and one of the bank signs said 110. Either way you slice it,it is hot. There is talk of not doing the fireworks this year. I think it would be smart. I walked out across the back of my property today and the grass just crunched under my feet. We are in a bad drought situation here. We need rain badly.

We hit 'only' 103 today. Counties are starting to shut down fireworks due to the dry conditions.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Dodger;4607638 said:
Where did you see 108? It's been right around 97-100 every day this week. The official high yesterday was 99. That was probably at the airport, but even so, temperatures don't usually vary that much in the area.
I take it you're only basing this off of the 'official' numbers that are posted online/tv. Get you an outdoor thermometer and you'll see what I've been posting.

FYI, I'm in the Northeast Heights

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Lost my power when the storm moved through Friday night at about 9:10 PM...

Got my power back tonight at about 8:25 PM... just 45 minutes short of 48 hours later...

Sure am glad I live up in the hills, and my house is well-shaded, it was 100 or better around here too... it wasn't comfortable by any means, but it wasn't unbearable.

I actually sat at work in the dark, with a flashlight, on Friday night (talk about a long, boring shift), and the hotel didn't get power back until 5 PM yesterday... so I got to do Friday's audit, check out all of Saturday morning's checkouts, then I could do my usual audit... made for a full shift... on the plus side, we quickly filled up because we couldn't get housekeepers in to clean Friday's rooms when we didn't get power back until 5, and a number of areas along I-81 still had no power, which meant their hotels were closed...

On a Saturday night... between the day's reservations and desperate walkins, the 40 rooms we had available for rent were long gone before I came on duty... I must have fielded 30 phone calls, and turned away 20-30 guests at the desk... that part always sucks, I can see how whipped those people are... then I can't even tell them where they can find a room.

Wheeeeee,,,

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Can't feel sorry for you guys, .. it is 100 here in WV and we have been without power since 5:00 Friday night.

Lost power from the storm.

No air conditioning, no refrigerator, no lights, no fans, no cordless phones, .. no relief.

Ice is gone in this area.

It is miserable, no place to hide from the heat.

I'm at work, but I'm concerned because my wife is at home.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4608888 said:
Can't feel sorry for you guys, .. it is 100 here in WV and we have been without power since 5:00 Friday night.

Lost power from the storm.

No air conditioning, no refrigerator, no lights, no fans, no cordless phones, .. no relief.

Ice is gone in this area.

It is miserable, no place to hide from the heat.

I'm at work, but I'm concerned because my wife is at home.

We had the same thing happen us a few years ago. They called it straight line winds. It is know now as Hurrican Elvis. We were without power for almost 5 days. It hit on a Monday and we got our power back Friday morning.

Hope you get your power back soon

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Been a pretty hot one in Houston just got out of a minor heat wave thankfully getting rains now so it is helping. on the 16th I'm off to Jackson Hole Wy. Where temps are in the high 70's to 80 and lows in the 40's. Should be a nice break from the heat.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Our heat wave should be over by the end of September, just a normal summer.:laugh1: Can't complain after the drought of the last few years, lakes are full, tanks are full...thank the Lord.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Normally around 84 here in Rochester, NY with the highest so far being 92. I want to see what its like being in over 100 degree weather. One of my goals before I move to Texas.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
TheCowboy;4609701 said:
Normally around 84 here in Rochester, NY with the highest so far being 92. I want to see what its like being in over 100 degree weather. One of my goals before I move to Texas.

Well it's obviously going to be hot. Just depends on the humidity that comes with it.

100+ is bad enough, but when you add in 30% or higher humidity, it starts being awful.