Twitter: Heinicke on Cowboys defense

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Could have easily drafted Justin Herbert or Mac Jones.

Could have easily signed Tom Brady.

Could have made a trade for Matt Stafford or Derek Carr.

The possibilities were many......
Six pick Stafford?

If anybody is being carried by their team it’s that fetal alcohol syndrome looking kid.

Herbert played worse than Dak ever has this past Sunday.

Carr is about to get run out of Las Vegas.

Mac Jones the penultimate bus driver. Please.

I’ll give you Tom Brady. Who Dak outplayed week 1.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What other Qb do you see playing as good or better than Dak…that we could realistically have obtained?

Replacing Dak would be a long term move and typically I look to the draft.

A good regular season really means nothing. The goal is a Super Bowl. A lot of QBs can be relevant. Just look around the league.

Also, the negotiations were failed too. Dallas could’ve tagged him and made it to where teams had to give us multiple picks for him and they defaulted that option.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Maybe you've never seen Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers play? Both of them have carried their teams for YEARS!

With Rodgers, the Packers are the #1 seed and 12-3. Without Rodgers, they would be lucky to be above 0.500.

Dude stop it with this.. NOBODY carries an NFL team. Brady has played with a top 10 defense in something like 15 of his 21 years in the league.. He had the #1 or #2 defense like 8 times. He had the #5 defense last year in Tampa.. Rodgers has "carried his team" so wonderfully that they've made it to exactly one Super Bowl.. Who was that backup QB that went 4-1 when Rodgers was hurt who ended up signing for big $$$ with Seattle? Matt Flynn? TEAMS win in football and TEAMS lose.. No matter how many times people repeat the stupid "carried" lie it will never be true..

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Dude stop it with this.. NOBODY carries an NFL team. Brady has played with a top 10 defense in something like 15 of his 21 years in the league.. He had the #1 or #2 defense like 8 times. He had the #5 defense last year in Tampa.. Rodgers has "carried his team" so wonderfully that they've made it to exactly one Super Bowl.. Who was that backup QB that went 4-1 when Rodgers was hurt who ended up signing for big $$$ with Seattle? Matt Flynn? TEAMS win in football and TEAMS lose.. No matter how many times people repeat the stupid "carried" lie it will never be true..
Don’t forget Rodgers had Dom Capers as his d coordinator. Brady had Randy Moss for his greatest statistical season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You guys are both wrong.. Dak is paid to help his team win games.. Nothing more, nothing less. Not to "carry the team" not to pass for certain numbers to satisfy some arbitrary standard that people keep coming up with. All I care about when it comes to Dak Prescott is that he is smiling and joking with Pam Oliver, Erin Andrews or Michele Tafoya (or the chick with the amazing bootay Christina Pink?) at the end of games. Everything else is immaterial. When he was negotiating with Jerry my only requirement was that he allow the deal to be constructed in a manner that it would allow the team to be able to maneuver under the cap. Which he did.. The Cowboys can redo his deal pretty much at any point they choose and free up like 10 million in cap space.. Same with Cooper, Martin, Tyron and Tank.. The only one that handcuffed them was Zeke's I think.. but I think even that one has some flexibility in it but obviously you don't extend a running back beyond age 30..
I don't disagree. that's my point. Dak is paid, what the market is for starting QBs in the league. he is signed to help this team win. the money they keep bringing up is irrelevant. there is only three elite QBs right now and then there is the rest. there is no denying Dak is a top 10 QB.

the part that I always laugh at and have asked them many times. lets say we don't sign Dak, then what's your solution. most say, its not my job, I am not the GM, but hey I will complain to no end about Dak's contract....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe you've never seen Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers play? Both of them have carried their teams for YEARS!

With Rodgers, the Packers are the #1 seed and 12-3. Without Rodgers, they would be lucky to be above 0.500.
well, I love tom Brady. He is the GOAT. but lets not pretend he hasn't had weapons, as he has. he played behind one of the best OLs and had the GOAT as coach.....but to his credit, he maximized what he was given and won championships.

Rodgers has had to carry his team and hasn't been part of the most talented teams. he also hasn't been to the superbowl in 10+ years.....

btw, without Dak, we were a 4-7 team........just see last year..now your comeback will be with him we were 2-3....but we were far from competitive without him. that's the key...to be competitive and have a chance. we routinely got blown out by average to above average teams. barely beat bad teams.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
well, I love tom Brady. He is the GOAT. but lets not pretend he hasn't had weapons, as he has. he played behind one of the best OLs and had the GOAT as coach.....but to his credit, he maximized what he was given and won championships.

Rodgers has had to carry his team and hasn't been part of the most talented teams. he also hasn't been to the superbowl in 10+ years.....

btw, without Dak, we were a 4-7 team........just see last year..now your comeback will be with him we were 2-3....but we were far from competitive without him. that's the key...to be competitive and have a chance. we routinely got blown out by average to above average teams. barely beat bad teams.
I love the point about Rodgers not being in a Super Bowl for so long. Because these same folks scream that nothing less than a Super Bowl win is celebratory.

Rodgers is akin to Moses in the desert. Plenty of miracles but mainly just wandering around.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I love the point about Rodgers not being in a Super Bowl for so long. Because these same folks scream that nothing less than a Super Bowl win is celebratory.
the point is that he hasn't "carried" his team to the superbowl....give him some better resources and he has better chance than most...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Could have easily drafted Justin Herbert or Mac Jones.

Could have easily signed Tom Brady.

Could have made a trade for Matt Stafford or Derek Carr.

The possibilities were many......
Mac Jones? he is exactly what Dak was in 2016. the ultimate bus driver....when you throw 3 passes in a game. you are being protected and carried....so nah...no to mac jones, but you seem like the type that thinks grass is greener on the otherside. you have already annointed Mac Jones.

Herbert? how could we have had him? he went 6th to the chargers and we had the 17th pick...unless you are suggesting to have traded up, which would cost multiple first and other round picks...which means we wouldn't have had Parsons...

we couldn't have easily signed Brady. sorry this isn't Madden (RIP) NFL game...Brady wanted to go somewhere to have a chance at a championship. Tampa was more ready than us. proven by the fact they did win it...so nah, that's your fantasy football speaking.

I say no to stafford. one of the most over rated QBs in NFL....he is 0-3 in the playoffs, having made the playoffs which means the team was good, but unable to get a win....yet people like you complain about Dak's playoff record...and lets wait and see if he accomplishes anything this year. plus he also has a large contract and it took 2 first round picks from Rams to get him...are you willing to give up two firsts to get stafford and not have Parsons?

Carr...oh paaallleeeasse...what the heck has he ever done to deserve any accolades? nada....

so yeah, you are playing fantasy football. those QBs you mentioned were either not available or not as good as Dak....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
John Elway didn't carry his undermanned Broncos team to three Super Bowls? :huh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not worried about the defense. It’s the offense I don’t trust.
Definitely a funny turn of events. It seemed the other way around the first half of the season. The offense last week left a good taste, but the previous 4-5 weeks the offense was way too inconsistent for me to feel too comfortable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Definitely a funny turn of events. It seemed the other way around the first half of the season. The offense last week left a good taste, but the previous 4-5 weeks the offense was way too inconsistent for me to feel too comfortable.

Ive trusted the defense since week 2 against The Chargers and seeing Micah Parsons get moved from linebacker to edge rusher. It’s just gotten better and better every week like I thought it would.

I didn’t expect the offense to nosedive like it did.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Question is, can we maintain the level of play heading into the playoffs?That will be the litmus test.
Teams will plan to use the aggressiveness against us. Our Run D is a bit porous, good teams may use the run to open up pass later.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive trusted the defense since week 2 against The Chargers and seeing Micah Parsons get moved from linebacker to edge rusher. It’s just gotten better and better every week like I thought it would.

I didn’t expect the offense to nosedive like it did.
That was way earlier than I was willing to trust the defense. Needed some history. There have still been a few games where they gave up too many points and/or too many rushing yards, but overall they have come through, and the turnovers they create have been huge. I'm still a bit concerned that we haven't played against a lot of top offenses though.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
John Elway didn't carry his undermanned Broncos team to three Super Bowls? :huh:

Hell no.. That team had a ton of great players on it.. including three and sometimes four quality receivers (Steve Watson, Vance Johnson, Butch Johnson, Mark Jackson) and a top 10 defense, including twice in the top 5 ... The whole "carried" narrative is a media creation. Elway was a great QB.. but the main reason he kept getting to the Super Bowl is he played in the weaker conference. You know.. the one that lost 14 Super Bowls in a row from '84 to '97. He got two gift wrapped tickets to the Super Bowl from the Browns.. "Carried".. my ***..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hell no.. That team had a ton of great players on it.. including three and sometimes four quality receivers (Steve Watson, Vance Johnson, Butch Johnson, Mark Jackson) and a top 10 defense, including twice in the top 5 ... The whole "carried" narrative is a media creation. Elway was a great QB.. but the main reason he kept getting to the Super Bowl is he played in the weaker conference. You know.. the one that lost 14 Super Bowls in a row from '84 to '97. He got two gift wrapped tickets to the Super Bowl from the Browns.. "Carried".. my ***..

I disagree. Elway carried those teams who subsequently got wiped out in the Super Bowl.
Moreover, just because he faced weak competition, he STILL got his team to the big game. In fact, that is an argument in favor of Elway carrying his team.
There's a reason the quarterback is the focal point of teams. No, he can't do it ALL by himself. But he can certainly carry his team.
The finances and time spent with the ball in his hands support this perspective.
P.S. Butch Johnson didn't play with the Broncos did he?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Funny...the sports media was doing fluff interviews with Heinecke after they won 4 in a row..touting him as the next Romo basically...just slobbering over him. Then WE beat them badly, then we beat him 2 times, and the media just refuses to give us our due. They made excuse after excuse for Rivera and the WFT. HE WAS OUTCOACHED. See what they do? They already crowned the guy and the wft as the new favorite to take us down. All we did was brutalize them...then the excuse was, Dak is still off lol and they were missing alot of players. But until we beat them 2 times, they didnt make excuses for them. Only after. The sports media are like pimps. I cant trust them. Its clearly rigged against us. If we are 2 win the SB we will have 2 play lights out. If we leave the door cracked open, It will be stolen from us..all the credit will be null. MM has done a great coaching job IMO. He delegates very well. I knw its nt very popular to give him credit, but he deserves it.He should be up for Coach of the year after what 2021 turned into. The turn around is no accident.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I disagree. Elway carried those teams who subsequently got wiped out in the Super Bowl.
Moreover, just because he faced weak competition, he STILL got his team to the big game. In fact, that is an argument in favor of Elway carrying his team.
There's a reason the quarterback is the focal point of teams. No, he can't do it ALL by himself. But he can certainly carry his team.
The finances and time spent with the ball in his hands support this perspective.
P.S. Butch Johnson didn't play with the Broncos did he?

Yes he did..

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnBu00.htm

And no.. The QB can't carry a team.. for one simple reason.. He doesn't play defense.. Elway was standing on the sideline when Jeremiah Castille punched the ball out of Earnest Byner's hands as he was on his way into the end zone for what would have been the game clinching TD. Being the focal point is one thing.. Carrying? Never happens.. No matter how often a fallacy is repeated it will always remains a fallacy.[/QUOTE]

Scotman

Reaction score
Can't disagree there. We might have some of the dumbest homerish fans I've ever seen but that's neither here nor there.
I felt that! Lol. I don't think anyone is more homerish than I am.