Twitter: Heinicke on Cowboys defense

blueblood70

Reaction score
time to move on from WFT focus on AZ

the media is talking how Muray has never lost at ATT seemed to be using last year's debacle against our 3rd stringers as thing to brag about,..,they like many teams we exacted revenge on for bullying us then bragging about it last year, they are NEXT! this isnt last years practice squad you got to play.

Bring it!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Your QB has the most impact so yes I’m limping him into being the #1 reason we couldn’t score a TD that day. Especially throwing picks in Chiefs territory.

He’s a 40 million dollar player and you guys still treat him like he’s a 4th round pick on a low salary. Get over it. The expectations are much higher for him now.
The salary take is so cliché. That' like saying he performed at a high level on his rookie contract and deserves a bonus.
Here's where you Dak-bashing at literally every turn fails: The vast majority of fans that are football savvy completely understand that Prescott also didn't play great. But you completely dismiss the entire offense and that's just not realistic.
And it shows.

Silly

Reaction score
Dallas finally has a colts like Freeney defense. 3rd and long is electric! It took a long time to get here. Just enjoy!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The salary take is so cliché. That' like saying he performed at a high level on his rookie contract and deserves a bonus.
Here's where you Dak-bashing at literally every turn fails: The vast majority of fans that are football savvy completely understand that Prescott also didn't play great. But you completely dismiss the entire offense and that's just not realistic.
And it shows.

The salary take is not cliche. It's lazy and lame.. A guy either plays well or he doesn't. I've never watched one of them deposit his paycheck so it's really of no interest to me. People whining about what Dak did or didn't do against KC conveniently forget the whole Cooper ruled out at the last minute issue, Lamb hurt in the first half, oh and did we mention that the line completely refused to block Chris Jones? Dude basically went Adrian Claiborne on our *****. So Dak went into a game where he got no blocking, no running game, and ended up without his top three receivers.. but he was apparently supposed to use his paycheck to win the game.. GTFOH!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And it shows.

Dak is paid to carry the team but some of you still want him to get carried. Sorry, doesn’t work that way.

It’s not like he had a bad game. It went on for over a month and I’m not sure it’s over just because we beat up on a horrible team the other night.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is paid to carry the team but some of you still want him to get carried. Sorry, doesn’t work that way.

It’s not like he had a bad game. It went on for over a month and I’m not sure it’s over just because we beat up on a horrible team the other night.
no, Dak is paid what the market bears for starting QBs...there is a difference. if you don't understand the difference, then I can't help you....

but I understand. you have an agenda to drive. so go ahead. drive your agenda. but your lack of logic doesn't wash in this case.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
no, Dak is paid what the market bears for starting QBs...there is a difference. if you don't understand the difference, then I can't help you....

but I understand. you have an agenda to drive. so go ahead. drive your agenda. but your lack of logic doesn't wash in this case.

And you don’t get the logic that he no longer has the luxury of taking that much money and having the excuse of people around him. Especially when he is clearly playing awful football and literally everyone but a few homers on a Cowboys forum can see it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And you don’t get the logic that he no longer has the luxury of taking that much money and having the excuse of people around him. Especially when he is clearly playing awful football and literally everyone but a few homers on a Cowboys forum can see it.
again, the money has zero to do with anything in this case....that's the part you miss. you want to tie everything to money and it has no bearing what so ever....Goff, stafford, ryan, brady, allen, dak, wince, wilson, mahomes, watson, rodgers, tannehill, grapolo, carr,Rothlisberger are all QBs with 100M+ contracts....that's 15 QBs...that's the market.....so everyone of them should play at the highest level and lift their teams by themselves? and right around the corner, Jackson, Mayfield, Burrows, Murray, that will be about 20 QBs with 100M+ contracts.....so 20 QBs should carry their team?

sorry, the market is what the market is in the NFL..... you have to pay to have a starting QB to give you a chance. right now, there is only three elite's that carry their team...Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes..... the rest are good QBs....its like realestate....in SF you may pay a million for a property and only get a 1200 square foot home.....you can scream that for a million $'s, I should get a mansion. but that's the market in SF...same for NFL.

so because you feel that the money should mean he should carry the team is not logical. its only your feelings.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

You guys are both wrong.. Dak is paid to help his team win games.. Nothing more, nothing less. Not to "carry the team" not to pass for certain numbers to satisfy some arbitrary standard that people keep coming up with. All I care about when it comes to Dak Prescott is that he is smiling and joking with Pam Oliver, Erin Andrews or Michele Tafoya (or the chick with the amazing bootay Christina Pink?) at the end of games. Everything else is immaterial. When he was negotiating with Jerry my only requirement was that he allow the deal to be constructed in a manner that it would allow the team to be able to maneuver under the cap. Which he did.. The Cowboys can redo his deal pretty much at any point they choose and free up like 10 million in cap space.. Same with Cooper, Martin, Tyron and Tank.. The only one that handcuffed them was Zeke's I think.. but I think even that one has some flexibility in it but obviously you don't extend a running back beyond age 30..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Another cliché. No ONE player "carries the team." This is all media hype talk. And so what, he struggled for a stretch, what do you expect? All QBs have ups and downs. You can't name one player that played at a high level all season long. And you certainly can't name on on offense because it's been awful ironically during the same stretch Dak struggled with.
"Beat up a horrible team." - Laughable. Prescott contributed to a whooping that put the game away in the 1st quarter!
You simply hate Dak. Period.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another cliché. No ONE player "carries the team." This is all media hype talk. And so what, he struggled for a stretch, what do you expect? All QBs have ups and downs. You can't name one player that played at a high level all season long. And you certainly can't name on on offense because it's been awful ironically during the same stretch Dak struggled with.
"Beat up a horrible team." - Laughable. Prescott contributed to a whooping that put the game away in the 1st quarter!
You simply hate Dak. Period.
Maybe you've never seen Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers play? Both of them have carried their teams for YEARS!

With Rodgers, the Packers are the #1 seed and 12-3. Without Rodgers, they would be lucky to be above 0.500.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe you've never seen Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers play? Both of them have carried their teams for YEARS!

With Rodgers, the Packers are the #1 seed and 12-3. Without Rodgers, they would be lucky to be above 0.500.
Misused phrase. If you honestly think they've not had high caliber surrounding talent this friendly debate is over because that illustrates who watches football an absorbs it. You conveniently picked the 2 best QBs in the entire NFL, lol.
Sure, at times a player can be a larger contributor, but they're nothing without other players and coaches.
That's why it's considered a team sport.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Which team I hate in the east varies every few years. Right now Washington gets the least hate from me - just pity. Dan Snyder, no QB, overrated Riverboat Ron (great guy, meh coach). Just no real hope for the team. Then to get brutalized in prime time against a heavy weight while they were fielding a third string team?

Ah well. Pity them though I do, they chose to be WFT fans.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
It won't be Washington. They already have a lot tied up into their DL. However, Gregory will have a long list of suitors. Dallas will have to come correct and quickly, if they want to keep Gregory.
Yeah why sign Gregory when they can just re-sign Sweat.

BobSacamano

Reaction score

What other Qb do you see playing as good or better than Dak…that we could realistically have obtained?

BobSacamano

Reaction score

So would Dallas sans Prescott!

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What other Qb do you see playing as good or better than Dak…that we could realistically have obtained?
Could have easily drafted Justin Herbert or Mac Jones.

Could have easily signed Tom Brady.

Could have made a trade for Matt Stafford or Derek Carr.

The possibilities were many......