HELP Needed - Boys / Skins MNF game

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I dug a little further and one of the ABC affiliates I contacted claimed only METRO NY will be showing the whole Giants vs Saints game. For what ever that means.

I was told by ESPN customer service that the METRO-NY area just means the ABC affiliate in NYC...Channel 7 local.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
Jarv said:
I was told by ESPN customer service that the METRO-NY area just means the ABC affiliate in NYC...Channel 7 local.

Well I'm still getting the shaft. :bang2:

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
This may explain why those in NY and Louisana won't get to see the Cowboys/Commanders game in its entirety.

The Giants/Saints game was originally scheduled to be a "regional" telecast that would have been played on Sunday. The Cowboys game was deemed a "national" game by the NFL and the fact it is on MNF to begin with. NFL rules dictate that games that are labeled as "regional" are to be shown EXCLUSIVELY in their respective markets unless the game is blacked out in the home market. No other NFL games are allowed to be shown in those markets while that game is in progress.

Since the Giants/Saints game is still considered "regional", both ESPN and ABC will show that game only in those markets. The rest of the country will have the option to see both games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know why the NFL did not just have the game scheduled for Sat night on the 17th. in NY. To take away the spot light of a MNF game from the Cowboys and Commanders was wrong on the part of the NFL

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I don't know why the NFL did not just have the game scheduled for Sat night on the 17th. in NY. To take away the spot light of a MNF game from the Cowboys and Commanders was wrong on the part of the NFL

Dooms...I heard it was because of a MLS game or something at Giants Stadium on Saturday night. Plus, a college football game will be played within 75 miles of the Meadowlands on Saturday and the NFL can't break that rule or they may subject themselves to a violation of their Anti-Trust Exemption.

gkdaboys

Reaction score
I live in New Jersey and unfortunatly I have ABC form NY. I called Directv and tried to get a waiver for the west coast ABC, and was told as per the FCC they are no longer allowed to grant these waivers. So the bottom line is as of right now we in the NY and LO area are screwed. I just want everyone, not just from the area to bombard, the NFL with letters, emails and calls.

Here is an email link:

Here is the NFL phone number, ask for Public Relations: 212-450-2000

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
I might take a hop down to AC and watch the game there. I believe they have Philly ABC there. It might be a pain in the ***, but I might as well make a day of it.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Jarv said:

That's the way I understood it.

parcellsguys

Reaction score
I just spoke to the NFL's public relations director.

As far the September 19th game against the Commanders. Yesterday the NFL announced that the Giants/Saints game would start at 7:30pm est and then switch over to ESPN at 9pm est in all areas except NY and Gulf coast region. This meant that in those areas us Cowboys fans would miss the first half of the game while being force fed the Saints/Giants game until it's conclusion.

Let me say this right now to anyone who is thinking I am not compassionate to the situaion in New Orleans. I feel terrible for those people and my heart goes out to them. I can't imagine what they must be going through and I am all for doing anything that can help them get back on their feet ASAP. I don't agree with the NFL taking the Saints/Giants game away from the area. I don't even care about the Giants getting an exra game as much I care about the people in the gulf coast not being able to get away from this tragedy for a few hours on September 19th to go out and cheer on their favorite sports team. If I was in charge of this rescheduling I would had the game played somewhere in that area and made it free entry, free food, free drinks, free everything for all the fans. We are all saying it's just a football game, well then why can't it be handled as such.

Back to my conversation with the NFL Public Relations office...

They assured me that they have had enough complaints from people that they are in the midst of working with the "TV people" to make sure that all the Cowboys fans in those two areas get to see the Commanders game in it's entirety. She would not give me specifics as to what the plan was, but I mentioned that the Saints/Giants game was originally scheduled as part of the Direct TV's Season Ticket package and they should at least put the Cowboys game on one of those open channels that evening. She said that she knows for sure that is being mentioned as well as other plans.

So I am sure this will be worked out and the "Triplets" game will be able to be viewed by everyone in it's entirety someway or another on September 19th.

parchy

Reaction score
Where exactly is this 'gulf coast region' they so ambiguously defined going to be reaching to? Are we talking just the areas affected by Katrina or all the way into Texas through Houston and down to Brownsville?

SDogo

Reaction score
Rock on! Enough people voice their complaints and the faster they will move on it!

parcellsguys

Reaction score
I just posted this on here, but for some reason it was moved...to where I have no idea...this new idea about moving threads in the first four seconds is getting annoying.

I just spoke to the NFL's public relations director.

As far the September 19th game against the Commanders. Yesterday the NFL announced that the Giants/Saints game would start at 7:30pm est and then switch over to ESPN at 9pm est in all areas except NY and Gulf coast region. This meant that in those areas us Cowboys fans would miss the first half of the game while being force fed the Saints/Giants game until it's conclusion.

Let me say this right now to anyone who is thinking I am not compassionate to the situaion in New Orleans. I feel terrible for those people and my heart goes out to them. I can't imagine what they must be going through and I am all for doing anything that can help them get back on their feet ASAP. I don't agree with the NFL taking the Saints/Giants game away from the area. I don't even care about the Giants getting an exra game as much I care about the people in the gulf coast not being able to get away from this tragedy for a few hours on September 19th to go out and cheer on their favorite sports team. If I was in charge of this rescheduling I would had the game played somewhere in that area and made it free entry, free food, free drinks, free everything for all the fans. We are all saying it's just a football game, well then why can't it be handled as such.

Back to my conversation with the NFL Public Relations office...

They assured me that they have had enough complaints from people that they are in the midst of working with the "TV people" to make sure that all the Cowboys fans in those two areas get to see the Commanders game in it's entirety. She would not give me specifics as to what the plan was, but I mentioned that the Saints/Giants game was originally scheduled as part of the Direct TV's Season Ticket package and they should at least put the Cowboys game on one of those open channels that evening. She said that she knows for sure that is being mentioned as well as other plans.

So I am sure this will be worked out and the "Triplets" game will be able to be viewed by everyone in it's entirety someway or another on September 19th.

ron jeremy

Reaction score
The sad thing is that there is probably more Dallas fans in Louisiana than Saints fans. Thanks for the info.

gkdaboys

Reaction score
I had emailed Directv 2 days ago and just recieved this response, it doesn't sound good for us in the NY & LO area:

Dear Mr. Kelly,

Thanks for writing. Due to the extraordinary circumstances caused by Hurricane Katrina, the NFL has rescheduled the week 2 New York Giants/New Orleans Saints game. The game, originally scheduled for Sunday (September 18) at the Superdome, will now be played Monday (September 19th) at Giants Stadium beginning at 7:30 pm Eastern Time.

I know that this is an unusual situation, but the good news is that most areas of the country will have two Monday Night Football games on September 19!

While the full broadcast details are still being determined, here is what we know so far:

-The Giants and Saints game will kick off at 7:30 pm ET on ABC in all markets

-At 9:00 pm ET, ABC will switch to the Cowboys and Commanders game in all markets except New York and New Orleans

-Viewers outside of the Giants and Saints home markets can see the remainder of the game on ESPN.

-At the conclusion of the Giants and Saints game, ABC in the New York and New Orleans markets will switch coverage to the conclusion of the Cowboys and Commanders game.

-Neither game will be broadcast as a part of the NFL SUNDAY TICKET package

(Please note that DIRECTV is required to follow game availability guidelines for these games as determined by the NFL, ABC and ESPN.)

Regarding the Distant Network feed, I'm sorry, but federal law prohibits DIRECTV from providing distant network feeds from Los Angeles in areas where we offer local channels. Because we carry local channels in New York we cannot provide you with the LA networks. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTVSPORTS.com for the latest information about the NFL on DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Jeromy
DIRECTV Customer Service

SDogo

Reaction score
gkdaboys said:
I had emailed Directv 2 days ago and just recieved this response, it doesn't sound good for us in the NY & LO area:

Dear Mr. Kelly,

Thanks for writing. Due to the extraordinary circumstances caused by Hurricane Katrina, the NFL has rescheduled the week 2 New York Giants/New Orleans Saints game. The game, originally scheduled for Sunday (September 18) at the Superdome, will now be played Monday (September 19th) at Giants Stadium beginning at 7:30 pm Eastern Time.

I know that this is an unusual situation, but the good news is that most areas of the country will have two Monday Night Football games on September 19!

While the full broadcast details are still being determined, here is what we know so far:

-The Giants and Saints game will kick off at 7:30 pm ET on ABC in all markets

-At 9:00 pm ET, ABC will switch to the Cowboys and Commanders game in all markets except New York and New Orleans

-Viewers outside of the Giants and Saints home markets can see the remainder of the game on ESPN.

-At the conclusion of the Giants and Saints game, ABC in the New York and New Orleans markets will switch coverage to the conclusion of the Cowboys and Commanders game.

-Neither game will be broadcast as a part of the NFL SUNDAY TICKET package

(Please note that DIRECTV is required to follow game availability guidelines for these games as determined by the NFL, ABC and ESPN.)

Regarding the Distant Network feed, I'm sorry, but federal law prohibits DIRECTV from providing distant network feeds from Los Angeles in areas where we offer local channels. Because we carry local channels in New York we cannot provide you with the LA networks. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTVSPORTS.com for the latest information about the NFL on DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Jeromy
DIRECTV Customer Service

The confusion comes from the term NY. NY City (Metro) and western ny are 2 different things with different affiliates. Unless you get your feed from the affiliate in NYC you should be alright.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
To all of you who will miss the game,I'm sorry.I'm not trying to rub this in,but I will be at the game(along with BigDFan5).We both have digital cameras and we'll probably run down our batterys taking pics.I'll do everyone a favor and post them as soon as possible after the game.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
From what I can decipher, here is what's going on:

- For people in NY/LO, the MNF game between the Giants/Saints will be broadcasted from start to finish on ABC. Once this game is finished, ABC will broadcast the remainder of the Dallas/Skins game.

- For everyone outside of NY/LO ABC will broadcast the Giants/Saints game and switch to the Cowboys/Skins game once they are ready to kick off. The Giants/Saints game will then be moved to ESPN.

Now my question is what will be broadcasted on ESPN in NY/LO during the time of the Giants/Saints game? Is it possible that the game would be broadcasted on both ABC and ESPN for people living in NY/LO?

This is really pissing me off, I'm going to miss a bitter rivalry Monday night game and the induction of the triplets into the ROH.

:bang2:

We're in the same boat here - I'm across the river in NJ. :bang2:
Too bad the NFL does not invoke their sacred rule about the 48 hour sellout.
We might have a chance on that one.

I talked to my neighbor - Giant season ticket holder.
He has no interest in getting tickets for the game.

This is the text of the email I sent to the ABC guy in the NYC area.

For the hard one up the poop chute on the Cowboys vs Commanders – Regular Scheduled game – for Monday night September 19th.

The Giant fans get all 16 games here every year. We get the little enough games sent into the area. Why not send the game to other local channels in the NYC area.

And let the Cowboys vs Commanders game alone on 7.

If they make an exception for the showing of the game in the NYC area you should also allow an exception for Direct TV to air the game(s).