Henry is the Man!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
eduncan22;1746465 said:
Mind listing the "big Plays" that he gave up?

Facts...

This is from the Eagles second draft alone.
  • 3-6-PHI 29 (10:25) (Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb pass short right to 86-R. Brown pushed ob at PHI 39 for 10 yards (35-J.Reeves).
  • 2-7-DAL 48 (8:34) (Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb pass short left to 86-R.Brown to DAL 3 for 45 yards (41-T.Newman). (Newman made the tackle by running him down, but it was Reeves man)

So basically 55 yards of a single 75 yard drive was on Reeves.

After that drive, Henry started to play A LOT more as you can clearly see in the play-by-play log.

Reeves completely stunk it up compared to Henry. Just like you stink up CZ with your babbling about Henry.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1746472 said:
He gave up 2 plays of at least 20 yards that I can remember off the top of my head. One of those set up their early score. Then he gave up another couple plays around the 10-15 yard range.

He was having a pretty rough night.

Two plays?

That's pretty bad...we should put bench Reeves and play Henry.

Not.

Henry is doing just fine in the dime package. He's slow..but he's got that slant route down.

zeromaster

Reaction score
eduncan22;1746449 said:
Other than the crossing route in the 1st, Reeves didn't give up much.

Facts.
Your agenda is showing. Henry is tied for the lead in interceptions.

Facts.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
eduncan22;1746499 said:
Two plays?

Not.

Henry is doing just fine in the dime package. He's slow..but he's got that slant route down.
Multiple plays. He gave up the most passing plays (not counting the dump offs to Westbrook) of any DB last night. It was easily his worst game of the season. And that's why Henry was playing the base defense by the end of the game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
eduncan22;1746499 said:

You cannot "bench" a backup kid ..... Henry is the starter and I love that you cannot stand it.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1746541 said:
You cannot "bench" a backup kid ..... Henry is the starter and I love that you cannot stand it.

Reeves has started every game of the 2007 Season.

more facts...

joseephuss

Reaction score
zeromaster;1746524 said:
Your agenda is showing. Henry is tied for the lead in interceptions.

Facts.

It is not an agenda. It is the nonsensical rantings of a mad man or at least someone that doesn't understand the basic concept that Henry and Newman are the starting corner backs for the Dallas Cowboys.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
eduncan22;1746550 said:

more facts...
Either Henry or Newman has been injured or recovering from injury every game of the 2007 season.

More facts...

Reeves is not starting next week. That happens to coincide with the first week that both Henry and Newman are fully healthy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
istockphoto_84565_thin_ice_sign.jpg

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
eduncan22;1746550 said:

more facts...

Because Henry or Newman was injured ...... facts ......

Are you saying that if Henry and Newman had not been injured that Reeves would be starting? Are you that blinded by your Cowboys hate?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
eduncan22;1746550 said:

more facts...

I'm glad he has because he needs the experience but Henry is still the better coverage man too bad you let your personal feelings and the inability to say you are wrong cloud what most others know and see which is Henry is the 2nd best CB on this team

JPM

Reaction score
joseephuss;1746552 said:
It is not an agenda. It is the nonsensical rantings of a mad man or at least someone that doesn't understand the basic concept that Henry and Newman are the starting corner backs for the Dallas Cowboys.

HA HA Great line.

manson8.jpg

Mad man !

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;1746472 said:
He gave up 2 plays of at least 20 yards that I can remember off the top of my head. One of those set up their early score. Then he gave up another couple plays around the 10-15 yard range.

He was having a pretty rough night.

He almost gave up a TD, but Donovan put it to close to the sideline for the receiver to get his feet inbounds. But Reeves has done a credible job, so I'm not going to be down on Reeves to pump up Henry.

I was more concerned about the pass rush though... Plenty of those passes, it seemed Mcnabb had a lot of time to throw.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;1746453 said:
He was picked on the entire first half. He gave up several big plays. You didn't see him give up much in the 2nd half because Henry took his job back.

Yup, Madden said that the reason Henry was in there was that we were in the dime most the time, but Henry was playing the outside in the 2nd half, not Reeves.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Reeves was NOT good last night. Maybe it was just a bad game or maybe teams have figured him out and are now going to toast him. Or maybe his good play earlier in the season was just a mirage made against bad QBs.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Pepperoni over Cheese pizza

fact

PBJ over just PB

facts

Bangladesh over Jakarta

more facts

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bigbadroy;1746657 said:
when healthy henry is our best cornerback.

I do not think he is as good as Newman ..... He gives up more plays ..... but he makes more big plays as well.

I think he his the perfect compliment to Newman.