Twitter: Henry Melton to visit Dallas after Minny and Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was he hacking his cell phone? How would he know what the conversation was? Sounds like crap to me. Would he even know who Melton was or looked like? Did he just announce to the whole airport who he was, who called him and what it was about? Doubtful

Good point. Either way, Melton did stay a second day in Seattle. That's not a great sign.

Coy

Reaction score
Loks like bye bye to Melton

Seahawks beat writer

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Apparently he is still in Seattle

Doesn't look good for Dallas. If we don't get Donald, we are screwed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Missing out on Melton would really hurt, but there are options other than Donald in this draft.

Yeah this isn't some boom or bust type situation. If we miss out on Melton we miss out. I don't recall one poster here believing Hatcher would have the year he had in the 3 Tech role. Guys step up when they are hungry. I'd like Melton but I personally feel the price is going to be out of our range to begin with. I thought at best he'd sign a 1 year show or prove type deal.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
yikes reading the tweets by that seattle reporting makes my head hurt...he must have gone to the same journalism school as our Dallas beat writers

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
"Denver is about now", as in trying to win now, while Dallas is still in retooling mode. An insinuation more than anything but telling. Probably not his exact words but it is clear what he meant.

Where is Denver going to go with a QB that chokes in big games?

Little Jr

Reaction score
He is the only 3 tech in this draft that is considered a day 1 starter by most scouting services

Like another poster said, this defense will not work without a legit 3 tech

who was indy 3 tech when indy was there? not saying your wrong i tend to agree but i was thinking indy didnt have one or one i remember though thats not reliable lol. they did have 2 edge rushers though

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
@fishsports: @dallascowboys tell me they know them, #seahawks & at least 1 other team in Henry Melton bidding. Competitive, budget-challenging deal

Fish also said Melton's rep apparently saying no deal is close

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why? One man doesn't make or break our final 53.

Because we have jack at the 3 tech and Marinelli/Kiffen's defense is total crap if you don't have a legit 3 tech.

Melton is the last 3 tech starter I am aware of in free agency, so if we lose him we have to look to the draft. Donald is the only 3 tech that is rated as a day 1 starter by most scouting services, so if we lose out on him, we are really screwed.

Now if there are other 3 techs in free agency and in the draft that I am not aware off, then its no problem and I stand corrected. However, Melton and Donald are the only ones I am aware of that are universally considered day 1 starters.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because we have jack at the 3 tech and Marinelli/Kiffen's defense is total crap if you don't have a legit 3 tech.

Melton is the last 3 tech starter I am aware of in free agency, so if we lose him we have to look to the draft. Donald is the only 3 tech that is rated as a day 1 starter by most scouting services, so if we lose out on him, we are really screwed.

Now if there are other 3 techs in free agency and in the draft that I am not aware off, then its no problem and I stand corrected. However, Melton and Donald are the only ones I am aware of that are universally considered day 1 starters.

So you are telling me the entire 2014 season comes down to drafting one specific player or we are screwed? That is hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.