Henry vs Zeke

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear the arguments from people when Henry signs the richest running back deal ever and the same people who hated on Zekes deal but wanted Henry, will suddenly be faced with their own duality.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I sure wish Zeke could play behind a competent OL like he did in 2016. Our OL has regressed so badly since then. Tenn has dominated up front in both of these games. Something we never do any longer. Zeke is met in the backfield or stuffed immediately these days.

I'm also willing to bet teams like tenn and SF did not pour in an enormous amount of resources into their OL's. You don't need all these all pros and high draft picks to be a good line. Coaching helps a lot.

JayFord

Reaction score
I sure wish Zeke could play behind a competent OL like he did in 2016. Our OL has regressed so badly since then. Tenn has dominated up front in both of these games. Something we never do any longer. Zeke is met in the backfield or stuffed immediately these days.

I'm also willing to bet teams like tenn and SF did not pour in an enormous amount of resources into their OL's. You don't need all these all pros and high draft picks to be a good line. Coaching helps a lot.

Tenn has two first round draft picks on the oline

JJHLH1

Reaction score
No. Stupid logic.

Zeke was bad in his last playoff game against the Rams. I’ll take the proven playoff stud if given the choice.

Henry is putting up groundbreaking numbers under pressure. He has over 180 yard rushing during his last 3 games, the only back in NFL history to accomplish that.

Zeke is good but he’s no Henry.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you’re simply looking at the sum total of rush yards on given year without any context that would make sense.

In 2019, Henry ran for:
303 carries
1,540 yards
5.1 ypc
16 TDs

In 2018, Henry ran for:
215 carries
1,059 yards
4.9 ypc
12 TDs

If you simply project his stats from 2018 based on the equal number of carries (303) from 2019 (88 carries x 4.9 ypc) you get the following:

1,490 yards (1,059 + 431)

He was the same player in 2018.
So, who exactly was saying Henry was as good as Zeke in 2018 based on projecting stats based on a lighter workload ... come on, nobody was making that case in 2018. By that standard Joseph Randle was a better RB than DeMarco Murray in 2014.

And, what about 2017 and 2016?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What was Derrick Henry’s yards before contact? He had a Full head of steam on every play it seemed.
That’s a great question. I wish I knew a site that gave yards after contact. I know he had a ton of yards after contact though. Just on his 66 yard run, he was contacted 2 yards behind the LOS, so all of those yards are after contact. He also faced 8+ man boxes on 63% of his carries yesterday. Baltimore couldn’t stop the dude.

quickccc

Reaction score
murray is not the size/speed specimen Henry is ..nor the durability that henry has. Demarco was serviceable
and it was a reason why zeke was rated a top five overall prospect and henry not in that league.

like a trend of Bama backs, Henry was seen as too much of a straight line player without much elusiveness.
the knock has been- keep his shoulders going sideways to the line and he is not as effective.

what works for henry besides his own physical attributes -
1) as mentioned he has terrific size/speed ratio and he can really motor for a tall big big RB, he's a load to have to corral, whether in traffic crowd or in the open field with that stiff arm. and he has a nose for the goal line TD. And he's been fairly durability and can take the load. he can physically ear down a defense

2) the Titans OL is one of the better OL in NFL. and it did a very good job of paving the way for Henry. Ravens have top notch defensive front , but i saw them flat wear down Ravens front line.

3) the way and scheme they run Henry - there's nothing fancy or exotic how they use henry, they line him up deep in the one back formation and they
hand him the ball with QB under center, giving him deep hand off with a chance for him to build momentum and better sense developing openings.

- and this is significant because it's how i hoped to re-vamp the zeke run game - instead of zeke getting the handouts out of these RPO draw plays out of shotgun formations and he has to be pre-occupied about stop-re-starting again, he can get the deep hand off and work much effectively with momentum , leading up to more splash plays... i thought we went way too overboard with RPO hand offs and thought it took away with the run game .

that's why it's essential who our RB coach ends up being, and how our OL coach better schemes the run blocking to better utilize our RBs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong. The title of this thread is Henry vs. Zeke. That's an outright comparison between the two, as the title implies. Either way, I just mentioned to you no RB was worth a top 5 pick...including Henry. If the draft happened now, I still wouldn't want Zeke or Henry top 5. I also said I wanted Henry in the the draft, which means I wanted to pass on Zeke and grab Henry.

And nothing in the OP implies the discussion isn't about Henry being better - the implication is there that Zeke isn't worth the money and that passing on him for an RB in the second round would have given us similar production for a lesser cost. Thus, the quality of play between the two actually matters here. HURR DURR.

Try again. But I remember you're the dude who couldn't understand how the wonderlic matters for QBs, how did Jackson look last night when he athleticism failed him until garbage time? Having to think and read a defense and make good decisions in big time games and his brain was spilling out of his ears having to think too much.

Oh, so you’re one of those guys that can only read a headline but are incapable of reading the actual content. Now I know.

kskboys

Reaction score
The stats reflect what’s happening on the field.

You’re just as dumb as you were on the other forum.
Sad. You lost so badly you had to resort to personal insults. Don't agree w/ someone, lose the argument, resort to insults to make your little numnums feel better. Same as on the other forum. Well, at least you amuse me, so there is that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So, who exactly was saying Henry was as good as Zeke in 2018 based on projecting stats based on a lighter workload ... come on, nobody was making that case in 2018. By that standard Joseph Randle was a better RB than DeMarco Murray in 2014.

And, what about 2017 and 2016?

Your claim was that Henry just came on the scene in year 4.

His 2018 shows you were just not paying attention.

If you just project the 88 extra carries he had in 2019 to his 2018 YPC, you get the same exact totals he had in 2019.

This is nothing more than you trying to save face.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your claim was that Henry just came on the scene in year 4.

His 2018 shows you were just not paying attention.

If you just project the 88 extra carries he had in 2019 to his 2018 YPC, you get the same exact totals he had in 2019.

This is nothing more than you trying to save face.

No, I said it took Henry’s 4th year for the argument that we could have skipped over Zeke in the first round and taken Henry later to pop up. you weren’t paying attention.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sad. You lost so badly you had to resort to personal insults. Don't agree w/ someone, lose the argument, resort to insults to make your little numnums feel better. Same as on the other forum. Well, at least you amuse me, so there is that.

Listen moron.

You liked a post where someone was asking what the yards before contact was for Henry because he seemed like he always had a full head of steam.

The actual YBC stat for 2019 show Henry was contacted by a defender on average than Zeke.

End of story.

Feel free to leave the forum. You were thoroughly disliked on the old forum and you’ve continued your special brand of stupidity on this forum.