Henry vs Zeke

uvaballa

Reaction score
Shouldn't really be a comparison right now. Dude isn't even top 3 anymore.

kskboys

Reaction score
Derrick Henry led the league in first downs by a wide margin.

Henry also had nine (9) 20+ yard runs and thee (3) 40+ yard runs.

Zeke had just four (4) 20+ yard runs and none more than 33 yards.

*This is where you try to dismiss the very stats that nullify your unsubstantiated claim.
Dude, why in the world do you insist on these childish insults? Are you even capable of adult conversation?

I watch Henry. I read scouting reports. He's not particularly quick to/thru the hole. It's simply a fact. Your pathetic attempt to disclaim this is one of the most childish things I've ever seen on these boards. Grow up and come at me w/ something more adultlike so we can have a discussion. This kiddie stuff is extremely boring.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like me some Zeke, but I respectfully disagree. No running back does more with less than McCaffery does.

Mano a Mano, I take McCaffery over Ezekiel any day and twice on Sunday

You can disagree, but that won't change my opinion. I like who wears the star.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can disagree, but that won't change my opinion. I like who wears the star.
Thing is, they are such different players. It might just depend on what I need as to which one I'd take. If I already had a quality 3rd down space back, I'd take Zeke, and if I already had my grinder, I'd take McC. They are such different type players they almost could be said to play different positions. Kinda like comparing a speed WR to a chain mover.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thing is, they are such different players. It might just depend on what I need as to which one I'd take. If I already had a quality 3rd down space back, I'd take Zeke, and if I already had my grinder, I'd take McC. They are such different type players they almost could be said to play different positions. Kinda like comparing a speed WR to a chain mover.

The funny thing is; many can't see the difference, and when it's explained, they can't understand. All receivers, lineman, defensive backs, etc... are different. Each team, also has their own culture and game plan, therefore; certain skill sets are needed.

kskboys

Reaction score
The funny thing is; many can't see the difference, and when it's explained, they can't understand. All receivers, lineman, defensive backs, etc... are different. Each team, also has their own culture and game plan, therefore; certain skill sets are needed.
I've tried to talk to McCaffrey fans, and this isn't the first time someone claimed he was a powerful runner. It's obvious they've never watched him if they make that claim, as he's just not.

I love McC as a player, BTW. He looks like a future HOFer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For some reason, you've got some sort of hero worship thingie going on w/ McC. It's simply not true. Z is more powerful than McC, and it's not close.

The shape thing is about Z.

where did I say McCaffrey was more powerful? Power is about all zeke has over McCaffrey.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dude, why in the world do you insist on these childish insults? Are you even capable of adult conversation?

I watch Henry. I read scouting reports. He's not particularly quick to/thru the hole. It's simply a fact. Your pathetic attempt to disclaim this is one of the most childish things I've ever seen on these boards. Grow up and come at me w/ something more adultlike so we can have a discussion. This kiddie stuff is extremely boring.

Smh, as predicted you ignore the statistics that fly in the face of your claims.

I’ve read your job history in the off-topic forum. This one is on me; I should have known you’re out of your depth.

quickccc

Reaction score
i want to get that Longhorns RB Stan Drayton coach signed up not just as he is a quality RB coach, but so he can get with zeke and trainers on new training regiment and go over him with new scheme assignments and routes.

its my theory that Gary Brown wanted to thicken zeke's physical frame up, equip him to take a more bigger load even told him prepare
take on a substantial amount of load and touches both in carries and catches - and took a physical toll on him, making matters worse was a
sorry worthless backup in Rod Smith that was so bad that we could not afford zeke off the field in any series.

but now we have a very capable backup RB and if we outbid Rams and sign Drayton then it's added treasury.
not only zeke needs to be re-quipped and re-conditioned physically but in discipline too.
No more of these tapping out at red zone territory, which that has to point to the coaches allowing him to doing so.
although the more further reason i'm hoping for a farewell to Gary Brown..

Number1

Reaction score
And to think we could have used the 4th pick in the draft on a more important position and taken Henry in the 2nd round?

Will Henry hold out for 16 million a year?
I wanted to trade down for extra picks and take a monster DT in R1 and get Henry with 4th pick in the 2nd

I always considered Zeke an awesome RB ... but Henry is rare, a true power back

if you're gonna play power ball - play power ball

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke has a lot of miles on him and he absolutely does not take care of himself in the offseason. Not a good combo.

Cmac

Reaction score
It’s a Mahommes vs Dak thread going on now. :laugh:
Ok...….How about our OL vs Titan OL comparison? Is that being discussed? Or Game Manager vs Stat padder?....Or our OC vs Titan OC? Just fun......slinging some sarcasm, that's all.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The most frustrating thing is the Cowboys were adamant to run Zeke to the left side of the line & if you go back and watch film, when he ran to the right (our real OLine run blocking strength) he feasted.
Good point! I noticed that too.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That whole Titans team just resembles its head coach. Tough , gritty and smart. It took Vrabel a few years but that defense is playing well and they have established they are a running team. Watching Henry you just dont seem him get pushed back and shut down very often. Tannehill has been very efficient in what they ask him to do. This is the style that I thought Dallas was trying replicate when Prescott took over at QB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus everyone forgets he started his career playing behind Demarco Murray who had a 1300 yard rushing season Henry's first year in the league, he didn't get alot of touches. I thought Zeke was the better back coming out of college as of now i think i was wrong in that assessment

he was a better back than Henry coming out of college. Now? .....Well....I need to give Zeke a pass this year...not because he earned it....just a benefit of doubt.