Henson on ESPN Classic right now

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Knock knock. Anyone home?

If Romo beat him last year, why did Henson see the field in two games while Romo stayed on the sidelines all year (his second season with the team, mind ya)?

Romo was moved ahead of Henson in the LAST game of the season. And even Parcells said not to read anything into that.

Yep, Romo has had a lot more experience. Reminds me of when the Cowboys played the Bills the first time in the super bowl. Buffalo had all the experience.

Actually, I believe Henson was back at #2 to end the season last year. Romo was #2 for two games near the end. Both were #2 for 8 games last year. And to clear some other misnomers, Henson was #2 after the Bears game as well, so he wasn't demoted due to that performance.

My personal belief is that the LTBE incentive Romo got at the end of last year had something to do with his sudden two game activation. I could be way off base here, but the sudden #2 thing was really odd IMO.

Romo/Henson should be a good TC battle, but I suspect Romo will have his hands full. Lets see how far that moxie takes him. I hope both have a great camp and really push each other.

Hailmary

Reaction score
So....how the heck did he do in this game? Did anyone actually watch it?

kmp77

Reaction score
Isn't Henson going to be 30 by the time he starts for us??

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure why someone is so stuck on the fact that the Romo/Henson or Henson/Romo combo was the backup situation last year when it is now clearly obvious that BP has no desire to put whoever was #2 at any given point in time in the game.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Drew Henson
Born: Feb 13, 1980

No he is only 25 this year. :D

That's right, 25 years young...
Regardless, thing is, with Testaverde and Bledsoe setting the recent Cowboy QB standard, 30 won't be old enough... :banghead:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
So....how the heck did he do in this game? Did anyone actually watch it?

I missed this telecast, but I have caught other games Classic had on. Henson always has oozed athleticism, but his mechanics were terrible. It is completely understandable that we would have to correct it, especially after he had baseball on top of that.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys are still enamored by who was #2 last year. They were both pretty close to each other in terms of being capable of leading an offense, but there have been ALot of pass thrown this off-season so we do not know who is furthur ahead. My point is lets wait until training camp because last year is not longer relevant.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Nors said:
Did Henson play?

Yeah....he singled to left, grounded out twice to third, and doubled up the gap in right center field.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
yep sure did...and Henson's played in more pro games than your boy Romo too...

:D

David
This is where I get off the Nors train. I don't what Nors sees in Romo because he is very average to me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Yeah....he singled to left, grounded out twice to third, and doubled up the gap in right center field.
Quincy whiffed all three at bats and the ball slipped out of his hand on a throw home.

Hutch gave up 3 hrs and walked 4 in two innings of work and was overheard asking the manager What is my role?

kmp77

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Drew Henson
Born: Feb 13, 1980

No he is only 25 this year. :D

Ohhhh. I was thinking he was a few years older. Awesome.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Quincy whiffed all three at bats and the ball slipped out of his hand on a throw home.

Hutch gave up 3 hrs and walked 4 in two innings of work and was overheard asking the manager What is my role?

Yep...but the runner was sliding into third on the play. :D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
This is where I get off the Nors train. I don't what Nors sees in Romo because he is very average to me.

niether do most others...I'm wondering if he's even seen Romo play in a game...he's played in 7 or 8 preseason game and looked pretty lousy in all but one of them

David

bsheeern

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
niether do most others...I'm wondering if he's even seen Romo play in a game...he's played in 7 or 8 preseason game and looked pretty lousy in all but one of them

David
He hasn't. Nors just needs to be different so people will pay attention to him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

Wrong - again
Just like your offseason predictions - 100% wrong hombre!