Herd w/Colin Cowherd: This is not a star on the helmet issue

shabazz

Reaction score
He’s right. Some of the fans and players will complain about the criticism that comes with the Cowboys Star power but fail to acknowledge the lucrative endorsements and lucrative post career broadcasting gigs that come with it as well. Romo,Moose,Troy, Irvin others are making bank……even Witten and Emmitt were given their shot

Prescott is making HUGE money pitching products

It has to work both ways

Redline360

Reaction score
Can't stand him most times however he is completely right. The OL ranked number 2??? Havent checked lately but seems off with the struggles we have had.

Dak was gifted/walked into a caddilac of a team that most quarterbacks would die for. Has had top 10 elite talent on both sides of the ball through the years. On paper the cowboys should be superbowl threats or at least a deep playoff team year in and year out bar his injury year but we all know that is meaningless anyways.

Dak is not that guy to take you there. He's a product of his environment and needs everything perfect around him. At one point it looked like he was making that jump however most people don't feel this way anymore. Replace anyone in the 8-12 or even argurably 15 range you would get similar results if not better imo.

Now I don't want to bash on Dak solely as he's just a small piece of the picture it mostly comes down to Jerry and the "culture" of the cowboys. Outdated coaching schemes, JG kept around to long, tons of coaching turnover, and a soft team. Then throw in the undisciplined penalties

Flamma

Reaction score
Can't win with him. Definitely won't win because of him. Him must go.
I think we can win with him given the perfect circumstances, but we will absolutely not win because of him. Not a chance. After all of this time I can't believe people still expect more from Dak. How many years has it been? What you see is what you get. If anything, Dak is trending in the other direction.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I agree with Cowherd here .

What is never accounted for however is the pressure when so many are vested in your success OR failure.

You have to want the smoke, you have to embrace the hate. You have to. If you don't you will not win in Dallas.

You literally need a QB that advocates for himself and the team, and is 100% about winning 100% of the time. You need one that seeks MORE hate and feeds off it.... an Aaron Rodgers type.

That's the personality type/ QB Dallas needs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
After all of this time I can't believe people still expect more from Dak.
Jerry does and that is all that matters lol. Jerry is going to extend him unless dak does real bad this season, same for mike.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As for what colin said, all true, but it isnt all on dak, it is on jerry and his puppet coaches, and the culture in dallas which all stems
from the jones boys.
Aside from brady, rodgers, mahomes, I doubt any qb could have won a SB here with the jerry circus

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think we can win with him given the perfect circumstances, but we will absolutely not win because of him. Not a chance. After all of this time I can't believe people still expect more from Dak. How many years has it been? What you see is what you get. If anything, Dak is trending in the other direction.
You could win with ME under perfect circumstances, but perfect circumstances never exist.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why anyone listens to this guy baffles me.

I just watched one of his 2018 shows someone posted where he goes on a rant about Josh Rosen being the next Aaron Rodgers and how the Cardinals will rule the division for years after drafting him.

This, folks, is Cowherd's football acumen. He just spews his opinions like the rest of us. But because someone put a TV camera in front of him somehow people think what he says matters more.

Nav22

Reaction score
I love how you people scoff at Dak threads based on actual data or the collective opinions of actual NFL personnel...

But like moths to a flame, you're ALL ABOUT the Colin Cowherd Dak bashing thread!!!!!

Speaks to your intelligence and football acumen. Too funny.
:lmao2: :lmao2::lmao2: