Here’s why we need Earl over any other Safety

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interceptions....hes a Ball Hawk and Cowboys have NO ONE in the secondary who can make a play and catch the ball ( Jordan Lewis is a ball Hawk but they dont play him for whatever reason)

Landon Collins great in the box, not great in cover...we need a cover safety (ball hawk) desperatley with the corners we got

Earl is basically begging to be a Cowboy, how do you pass on that????

We may not have a ballhawk, but how about this?

https://goo.gl/images/C6S4Sr

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interceptions....hes a Ball Hawk and Cowboys have NO ONE in the secondary who can make a play and catch the ball ( Jordan Lewis is a ball Hawk but they dont play him for whatever reason)

Landon Collins great in the box, not great in cover...we need a cover safety (ball hawk) desperatley with the corners we got

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I do not see anyway to make Earl the highest paid safety and make it work financially for us.

Suppose we do this and he goes down again like last year?

We will be laughed out of the league for being crazy risk takers.

I am against paying him for his past play in Seattle.

Never benefited us at all.

We have way too many players that deserve Earl's money way more than Earl.

If the FO does this anyway and pays his asking price..

they all need to be fired.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heath (16-15-0) didn't start 3 years ago but he did play.

I just used the past 29 games. Heath started 31 in the past 2 years.

Since ET started 29 in the past 3 years, I used 29 starts for both players.

75boyz

Reaction score
Missed tackles does not equal tackles.

Never can understand the eyeball test versus the supposed stats competition posts. Bob's previous post of injuries age and specifically cost kinda summed up sound reasoning as to why Thomas might not be the best "long term" solution if other than like one yr incentive laden deal.

Stash provided sound evidence of Brown's current statistical superiority over Coop while some other guy had posted some analytic data that Coop exceeded Brown in some categories...Let your eyes be your judge sometimes. And "mostly" they will be backed by supporting statistical evidence if you watch through unbiased eyes.

My absolute favorites are the pro Dak crowd that submit their cherry picked winning percentage based stat or some other hidden agenda narrative stat to "try" and hide his actual grossly inefficient raw data stats. Quite comical at times.

The one a few months ago on Dak being better than Aaron Rodgers is still one of my all time favorites I tell ya :)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The team's FO has already said a long time back that he's not in their plans, yet these posts persist. Geez, Louise!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Missed tackles does not equal tackles.

Tackle Opportunities = Tackles (Made + Missed)

Opps won't be exactly the same but should be within 10 to 20 percent from 1 starting Safety to another.

Let's say worst case Heath had 20% more Opps than ET:
Heath Opps = 120% ET Opps

Heath(made) + Heath(missed) = 120% ET (made + missed)

Heath(missed) = 120% ET(made + missed) - Heath(made)

Heath(missed) = 5.2 + 120%ET(missed)

If ET missed zero, then Heath missed about 5.

The difference is smaller if Heath only had 10% more opportunities.

Heath's only significant missed tackle issues before the wrist injury were on tackle attempts against Saquon Barkley.

Anybody that watched Barkley against other teams would have seen many missed tackles including tackle attempts by some well regarded defenders.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its just not going to happen because Dallas will need to grossly over-pay for Tank & Dak. This doesn't even factor in Cooper & Zeke. You can make case the OL is over-paid. Dallas simply can't over-pay all over the place.

Actually they can.

Pay Dak and coop next year. Zeke in 2 years or actually draft a replacement. And if you are paying Dak like a franchise player you shouldn't have to pay an extraordinary amount for a RB when good ones are cheaper.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the problem with having Earl Thomas. At his age you can't spread the money for a long-term periods if you're going to pay someone big bucks you want to spread over a long time so doesn't destroy the team. And you have to hope they take an injury Clause somewhere in there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Over the past 3 seasons:

Earl Thomas
Games started: 29
INTs: 7

Jeff Heath
Games started: 31
INTs: 5
I know a lot of people don't like Jeff Heat. I think he's a great rotational player.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Outrageous demands is how. You cant pay a safety 14mil a yr. KC was desperate to keep Berry and made a bad deal. Now they hate that deal.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually they can.

Pay Dak and coop next year. Zeke in 2 years or actually draft a replacement. And if you are paying Dak like a franchise player you shouldn't have to pay an extraordinary amount for a RB when good ones are cheaper.
I don't have a problem paying Prescott or Cooper this season. They all want actually more money next season. As long as it's a long-term deal. The money doesn't hit you until the end. That's the secret in this salary cap era long-term money at the end deals

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't have a problem paying Prescott or Cooper this season. They all want actually more money next season. As long as it's a long-term deal. The money doesn't hit you until the end. That's the secret in this salary cap era long-term money at the end deals

Just saying if we want to make a big push in 2019, we can wait to pay them and grab a few mercs while these guys are cheaper. We can go ahead and extend coop if it lowers the cap though.

JayFord

Reaction score
You’ll get some dude name flip flap Montgomery and you’ll like it