Here is a stat for ya

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just heard this. The Cowboys and the Iggles have had 4 common opponents this season. The Cowboys have outscored those opponents by 113 pts. The Eagles have outscored them by 30.

Keep telling yourself how mighty the Eagles are.

By the way, after we beat the Eagles, it wont take but 2 minutes before someone says... big deal, now beat them on the road.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Just heard this. The Cowboys and the Iggles have had 4 common opponents this season. The Cowboys have outscored those opponents by 113 pts. The Eagles have outscored them by 30.

By the way, after we beat the Eagles, it wont take but 2 minutes before someone says... big deal, now beat them on the road.
Who cares abt the point differential, they are 9-1 with a head to head win. Last time I checked 9-1 is better than 8-3

Mark

Reaction score
Scores are kinda relative. Team A could blow out Team B, who blew out Team C, who then beats Team A. Happens all the time.
True, but there is a certain consistency to this stat, and something to be learned from it. The Eagles aren't blowing-out anybody...have played way too many close games, and have been lucky (to their credit) to win all but one. Which suggests the law of averages may impose itself soon.

Mercurial Buffalo has a shot to take PHI out this weekend. I wouldn't touch that sports bet with a ten-foot pole.

GMO415

Reaction score

Id rather take Wins and not Margins.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Id rather take Wins and not Margins.
Right. I'd take 9-1 over 8-3. I think we have reason to believe we can beat them, but right now they just keep winning and we have to prove Who cares by how much.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Style points doesn’t matter but that Buffalo game appears to be the difference maker if it comes down to common games. Philthy lost to the Jets while Dallas lost to Arizona, that’s a wash. We need good Josh to show up in Philadelphia and bad Josh in Buffalo in a month :muttley:

Cowboys1966

Reaction score

Lol. We will see. If they lose tomorrow I might hav some optimism.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

More like 2 seconds.

Zman5

Reaction score
Style points doesn’t matter but that Buffalo game appears to be the difference maker if it comes down to common games. Philthy lost to the Jets while Dallas lost to Arizona, that’s a wash. We need good Josh to show up in Philadelphia and bad Josh in Buffalo in a month :muttley:
The Eagirls haven't played Arizona yet.

Zman5

Reaction score
The Eagirls are very much like the Vikings from last year. Vikings won bunch of close games then got beat by the Giants in the playoffs. I can see similar thing happening to the Eagirls this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Who cares abt the point differential, they are 9-1 with a head to head win. Last time I checked 9-1 is better than 8-3
That's true. But some details matter. The Vikings went 13-4 last year. They were 11-0 in one score games that could have gone either way. Still a good team, but not as good as their record.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
That's true. But some details matter. The Vikings went 13-4 last year. They were 11-0 in one score games that could have gone either way. Still a good team, but not as good as their record.
The Eagles are far more talented than the Vikings were last year. They just keep finding ways to win and that’s something that good teams do. But to be fair I also get your point abt one score games. Being that close too often will eventually bite you in the butt.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Didnt the Commanders beat the Eagles last year? That's division football for you.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Why should this matter? Who is ahead in the standings means more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our blowout wins against lesser opponents shouldn’t be discounted. They have been very impressive and enjoyable to watch.

But ultimately we will be measured how we do against the teams in front of us and in the playoffs.

It is what it is. Not sure why some fans struggle with the narrative. If we aren’t one of the more Elite teams meeting the hype surely everyone can accept reality.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In the end there’s no shame not being as good a team as the Phi, SF and KC. Cowboys rule mediocrity. Totally dominate average to below average teams.

I understand fans relish in the hype surrounding this team but in the end there’s only one way to silence the criticism and narratives.

Must beat the best on the biggest stages to become the best. Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the journey even if it comes up short.