Here is how I would break down the 11 draft picks

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
The Boys will likely trade and end up with less than 11 but if they stayed here is what I hope they take...

3 dl
2 lb
1 safety
1 conerback
1 rb
1 wr
2 ol

Taking defense in the high rounds of course.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
now the questions are where and when, could make the difference of one good line and one stable line, or hopefully two solid lines. I really dont like our safeties, but the lines have got to be addressed.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good breakdown to me. I want at least 3 DL... really, I'd be ok with 4. A strong rotation there is vital to Marinelli's defense.

I agree that I think they end up with a few less picks though. I hope they move up a couple of times to insure they get guys they really want.

tvooz

Reaction score
The Boys will likely trade and end up with less than 11 but if they stayed here is what I hope they take...

3 dl
2 lb
1 safety
1 conerback
1 rb
1 wr
2 ol

typically, 9 DL are carried. if 3 DL are added through the draft, won't there be too many?

mincey
bass
mcclain
melton
crawford
hayden
selvie
wilber
draft_pick
draft_pick
draft_pick

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
typically, 9 DL are carried. if 3 DL are added through the draft, won't there be too many?

mincey
bass
mcclain
melton
crawford
hayden
selvie
wilber
draft_pick
draft_pick
draft_pick

wilber will probably play LB, and if hayden is on the roster on week 1 the FO failed

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score

mincey
bass
mcclain
melton
crawford
hayden
selvie
wilber
draft_pick
draft_pick
draft_pick

Some get cut or ps

Doomsay

Reaction score
Hopefully, some get converted / consolidated into higher / future picks.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry likes to get his new coaches a new toy, Rod got a FA, so he's set till at least the 2nd.
Now it's time for a WR in the first, it will be a second round guy who Jerry will claim is a steal, who somebody else was about to snatch from underneath us. Scoreboard.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet we don't draft 11 players. I'm guessing it will be 8.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

3 dl
2 lb
1 safety
1 conerback
1 rb
1 wr
2 ol

I'm in favor of not selecting a RB, CB, and S and instead selecting 4 DL, 3 LB, and a QB.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ultimately, this team tends to draft in terms of "openings". The idea being to draft to the number of open roster spots exist and most of the time the competition factor is judged by the incumbents that are slated to return. That means expect at least nine to be used. Areas where we "like where we are", I would not expect much and yes, that does mean safety.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Take RB out and put QB and I'm on board, I also don't think S, I think we will get a CB.

I think we will bring in a CB to try and push Sterling Moore off the roster, as much as I like him. It comes down to numbers and money. Our top three are Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick, rightfully so. After that we have 1 year exp. BW Webb, who isn't going anywhere.

We can probably only carry one more guy, maybe one on the practice squad. It'll be a camp battle for that 5th spot, with the team probably looking to add someone that costs only 6 figures instead of 7.

We could bring in a safety with the departure of Danny McCray, but I doubt it. They're probably hoping that Matt Johnson can finally see meaningful time on the field, and I think at this point that's a bad idea.

If Jimmie Ward is there in the 2nd round and we've already addressed DE or DT in the first, I would make the selection and let Heath, Johnson, and Hamilton battle for the bottom of the roster and pencil in Church and Ward as your starters with Wilcox an outside shot.

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
Watching the replay of the 92 championship game against the 49ers last night I started hoping they would draft a real full back this year.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The draft for need stench is strong in this thread.

Yeah, and these people crying 'draft for need' will likely be the first to complain when a rash of injuries hit a certain position we didn't draft.

Even good depth can disappear in a heartbeat.

The best drafts contain the following traits in my opinion:
1) BPA
2) Look 2-3 years down the road.
3) Good balance