Here is what is different about Quinn

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Sure they were.. but they did not deserve to win that game. It was gifted to them by the Seahawks.. just like the Falcons did a couple of years later. In both instances the coaches on the other sideline let Belichick get into their heads and force them to do something monumentally stupid.
The Seattle loss came down to one play that was either called by the head coach or the OC. It had nothing to do with Quinn. The Atlanta loss came down to Quinn or the OC, which ever decided not to run the ball when they should have. My guess, and that’s all it is, is the OC most likely made the calls in both games.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Oh it was more than that one play.. It was the Matt Ryan sack fumble that got the Pats back into the game to begin with. Then the pass play from the 21 yard line with a couple of minutes left and only needing a FG that led to a sack.. Then the next pass play that drew the holding call to take them out of FG range then the next two stupid play calls followed by a punt when 3 kneel downs and a FG could have salted the game away. AND could have used up more time and left Brady with like 30 seconds to get two scores. What's funny is he blew the game against the Chiefs in almost the same way I think trying to prove that he was right when he brain farted the other Super Bowl away..
If they just run the ball, Atlanta wins. That was most likely on the OC.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that is different about Quinn, what I would consider different are coaches that do not do that.

Ever watch Jimmy Johnson at practice? He'd get down in a DT stance in a padded practice to show the player what he wanted.

Ernie Stautner had to be pulled out of the line by his players sometimes.

Any HC that doesn't expect and get hands on from every assistant coach needs new ones.

Ever see a shot of The Bear in his tower? You know who wasn't on that tower with him? His coaches.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they just run the ball, Atlanta wins. That was most likely on the OC.
That was on the DC as well. When he saw his players running 30 yards down the field after making a play to show off to the crowd, he should have put a stop to that immediately.

Belichick and his staff were just quietly watching that D run out of steam because they were poorly coached for a game of that magnitude. On the Patriots sideline, it was just business as usual.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That was on the DC as well. When he saw his players running 30 yards down the field after making a play to show off to the crowd, he should have put a stop to that immediately.

Belichick and his staff were just quietly watching that D run out of steam because they were poorly coached for a game of that magnitude. On the Patriots sideline, it was just business as usual.

Yep.. Belichick is rarely outcoached.. Not because he is brilliant (which he absolutely is) but also because he keeps his friggin head in the heat of battle. Unlike these idiots who get overwhelmed by the moment (and allow their players to do the same) and lose games to stupidity.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
3:21 of a guy talking himself into believing Quinn is a great hire. Reminds me of stuff folks were saying about McCarthy a year ago.

Time will tell.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
3:21 of a guy talking himself into believing Quinn is a great hire. Reminds me of stuff folks were saying about McCarthy a year ago.

Time will tell.
And several of you that have already decided he’s a bad hire before the first snap. Pot meet kettle.

plasticman

Reaction score
One important responsibility of a coordinator is to teach the assistant coaches. He also has to be capable of delegating responsibility and evaluating the performance of these assistant coaches. If I was a squad coach on defense and Quinn started working with my squad I would begin to wonder if he trusted me enough to do my job.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Time will tell.

I think Quinn will do fine, and maybe better than that. At the very least he can't help but be better than Nolan.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen what Quinn can do with a good DL, the best MLB and secondary in the league and what he didn't do in ATL, which is why he's in Dallas.

But is this any different that DC's with reps like Buddy Ryan, Jim Johnson, Monte Kiffin and Wade Phillips? Were their star D's that because of them or the stars? Marvin Lewis got his job based on his D in BAL and never sniffed at a D that good again. Same with Ryan in CHI.

Why didn't Landry have the Doomsday all the time or Bud Carlson always have the Steel Curtain?

The best story about coaching vs talent is the one of Belichick, the DC with NYG at the time, when they drafted Lawrence Taylor. Taylor's talent made him change his 3/4 approach to more of an attack D when he saw what he could do. Same thing happened in KC with Derrick Thomas.

I think Micah Parsons is Quinn's guy, the one he feels he can build his scheme around. Bobby Wagner was the unsung one of that D in SEA and the best player on the D and when he was not in the game, it was not the same D.

When have the Cowboys ever had a great D without an exceptional MLB? Is Parsons that? He'd better be for Quinn's sake because he is THE key to a turnaround from poor to average to good. And Quinn doesn't have that long to get there.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Worst start to a post ever.
oh I am not a Jaylon detractor....so that rolls off me. He has his issues..but I think too many want to write him off for wrong reasons. He is a tough dude and I think like last year..he will improve with the new LBers we have. People will calm down. After his injuries people should appreciate him. He wants to play..lets get him help on defense.

JBond

Reaction score
I hated showing my work.
Lol. Some people just have a head for numbers. I was lucky enough to gain that trait. Used to piss off teachers. Then I get called up and work the equation in front of the class and I would do it the way my dad taught me skipping about six steps because I did them in in my head and piss them off again.