News: Here Is Why The Cowboys Should Hang On To Rolando McClain

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
For whatever reason, I do trust Lawrence and Scandrick wven though they were suspended.

I don't trust McClain or Gregory as far as I can see them

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Its time. Missing voluntary otas was one thing. Not being there for your team once again and getting suspended for 10 games is entirely different. They have to part ways.

Yes. Send a message - first time OK.
Second time - Goodbye.

Sydla

Reaction score
The odds of McClain showing up Week 11 and being ready to hit the ground running and be ready to play is slim anyway.

It was admirable that the organization has tried to give the benefit of doubt to guys and give them 2nd and 3rd chances. But enough is enough. Isn't clear to people in the front office at this point that some players are now just taking advantage of them? At some point, the front office has to say enough is enough and give up on reclamation projects that have demons in their closet.

The front office just continues to look stupid and inept if they keep propping up guys like McClain over and over and over and over and then get nut punched over and over by the player.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I doubt McClain could pass any drug test in the future. And I'm sure McClain would like to come back for 6 weeks just to collect a paycheck. Would you want someone who is only here to collect money and do nothing? Put a fork in him. He is done.

I doubt the Cowboys would even want him around poisoning the camp. I wouldn't.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Here Is Why The Cowboys Should Hang On To Rolando McClain
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...the-cowboys-should-hang-on-to-rolando-mcclain

Rolando McClain has been suspended. Again.

Whether you were all aboard the "Freight Train" McClain or not, his presence on the field offered the Cowboys a better situation than when he wasn’t. It’s easy to nitpick his performance and say he was taking plays off or milking his injuries or whatever, but the skills he brings to the linebacker position was something the Cowboys defense welcomed with open arms. McClain is a tough guy. He’s football savvy. He may whiff here or there, but more times than not he knows what’s going on during the progression of a play. He’s a good football player.

The Cowboys have mythological linebacker Jaylon Smith on ice until the 2017 season so the team was really crossing their fingers that McClain could just do them a solid and stay out of trouble for one more season. But apparently, that was asking too much. The milk has been spilled. He’s out of action for 10 games. Since he is missing the greater part of the season, it becomes real easy to just toss him to the curb. Our own Tom Ryle has had enough. Good riddance.

And our own Joey Ickes makes a good point about using this unfortunate event to make a statement to anyone else thinking of failing another drug test. The front office could show everyone that they have had enough and end this relationship right now. The Cowboys gave him a chance and he blew it. Now, hit the road.

But is that the right play here? Imagine you are sitting there after ten games and the Cowboys have a record of 7-3 and right in the thick of the playoff hunt. Wouldn’t you welcome McClain back at that point? However the defense had been playing, he would bolster this group for the final stretch and be available for a deep playoff run. Or imagine Sean Lee gets hurt in week eight. McClain’s services certainly could show up at the right time, right?...

Nope.

JDSmith

Reaction score
The odds of McClain showing up Week 11 and being ready to hit the ground running and be ready to play is slim anyway.

You just used McClain and slim together in a sentence, I wasn't even sure that was possible.

Now at least he'll be free to balloon up to his goal weight of 300 lbs like Homer Simpson trying to get on disability.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Didn't read the article, read the headline and that was enough to know that the article sucked. Whoever wrote it must have been stoned.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Cut him!

Sign AJ Hawk and Kevin Durant. They can rotate with Hitchens in the middle and sam.

Next year DE, CB and Safety are top priorities in FA and draft...........

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
That thinking is the kind of thing that keep teams back. I don't care what the record is after 10 games, he is not trust worthy off the field and this is the time to move on.

RS12

Reaction score

Slim? There is a better chance Kate Upton shows up at my door and say she cant live without me.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
If we can get to 10 and 3 without him we obviously must have a guy who stepped up in his place and is developing nicely. So we should disrupt things for someone we THINK will make us even better? I don't think so.
That line of thinking would make my vb coach roll over in her grave.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Here's why we shouldn't: keeping McClain tells everyone in the building that actions don't have consequences.

They should be able to see positive tests have dire consequences like being suspended with loss of pay. If you don't get that then doom on you.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust Rolando to come back in shape after 10 games. He doesn't like to practice now and being forbidden to be at practice during suspension doesn't make me feel he would work out on his own

conner01

Reaction score
I'm all for giving young players a second chance. They are kids and kids make mistakes. But RO is neither a young player or a guy needing a second chance. He is on his 4 or 5th second chance. You may very well be doing him a favor by cutting him. Maybe hitting rock bottom will prompt him to get some help. In life he has a long time to go. In the nfl I think his time is up and it's no ones fault but his own. Talent got him second chance after second chance, and he pissed them all off

CCBoy

Reaction score
To the point, I miss a day at work and I can start looking for a pink slip...why? Because a lot of people can fill my slot...and the same in sports. Money or not.