here we go...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If I'm correct, doesn't Ware drop into coverage a decent amount of time? I wonder how many sacks he gives up because of it, over the course of a season?

mwj473

Reaction score
dangerdoom;1832168 said:
When I see Williams drop back in coverage and pick off a pass like Ware did against the Falcons last year, I'll be impressed.

He wasn't dropping back in coverage, he picked off that pass on the way to Vick (with a lot of help from Canty), still it was an awesome play.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1832117 said:
Well, you're from TEXASS, so what do you expect?

ummm... what's your issue with Texas...

Don't you root for a team from here?

Rackat

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1832117 said:
Well, you're from TEXASS, so what do you expect?

trickblue;1832300 said:
ummm... what's your issue with Texas...

Don't you root for a team from here?
Yea, trick, I was wondering about that, too. :laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Da Hammer;1832143 said:
i'd like to point out i was one of the few that said they made the right choice in taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. *pat myself on the back*
me, too.

FuzzyLumpkins;1832216 said:
Mario Williams being good has no impact on Demarcus Ware's talent.

People tha think that are stupid and should be told so.
:hammer:

I'd like to add that the book on all the players mentioned in this thread isn't written, yet. Alot of years left in their career before either side can say one way or the other.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
How can you get all uppity that Mario has more sacks than Ware? We didn't take Ware with the #1 overall pick. If we had sucked so bad that we had earned ourself that particular achievement, then Parcells would have taken Williams, as he's said several times. Hell, Parcells wanted to take Spears before Ware.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djtavo;1832077 said:
i stay in houston and for the last 30 min, all i hear is . . .

where is ur demarcus ware now ??? mario williams got 12.5 sacks....

hahaha. . .

my reply was, Ware was in the Pro-Bowl since week one.

but honestly how can u compare mario to demarcus ???

I don't compare them. Ware is playing the OLB in a 3-4 and Williams is playing DE in a 4-3. I give Williams credit, after taking all the heat here in Houston and people hollering what a mistake he was I would have to say right now he looks a heck of a lot better than Reggie Bush or Vince Young

JPM

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1832143 said:
i'd like to point out i was one of the few that said they made the right choice in taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. *pat myself on the back*

WoodysGirl;1832350 said:
Me three, the ESPN hype machine was working double overtime with Reggie.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Mario Williams is a very good player. Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams obviously play different positions, but they both can be compared as far as the number of plays they make on defense as they are both extremely valuable difference makers on that side of the ball.

I think people snickered when Parcells said in one of his Press Conferences that he would have taken Williams over Bush, but Parcells has an eye for defensive players and that comment doesn't seem so asinine at this point.

He didn't have a huge game when we played them his rookie year but you could tell the guy got off the ball quick, had a motor and was just very talented. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the fastest Rush End in the NFL?

There is nothing wrong complimented both players and I wouldn't mind having either one on my team, even though we play a different scheme than what Houston plays on Defense.

I remember Parcells comment sparked the Reggie White or Walter Payton Thread :) .

Tobal

Reaction score
Mario Williams is much closer to Reggie White than Reggie Bush is to Walter Payton. I said it then, I say it now.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Tobal;1832441 said:
Mario Williams is much closer to Reggie White than Reggie Bush is to Walter Payton. I said it then, I say it now.

When I started that thread, I qualified it with "all things being equal". Meaning, we had a crystal ball and knew for certain Mario Williams would be like Reggie White and Reggie Bush would have a career like Walter Payton.

It was purely hypothetical.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ware is still the best defensive player in the league. Lets see ol Mario cover Moss or Westbrook. :loser:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
nyc;1832526 said:
Ware is still the best defensive player in the league. Lets see ol Mario cover Moss or Westbrook. :loser:

What defensive end would have a chance against Moss or Westbrook?