Here's a few things for the board on Spencer

cboyd

Reaction score
I knew that the coaching staff would like this guy because he was the best prospect this year to fit in the 3-4 OLB spot. He is fast off the edge and he is pretty strong too. When I compared his video coming out of college to Ware's I saw the speed they both possessed coming around the edge to sack the QB. Spencer might not be as good as Ware, but he WILL get his fare share of sacks. I also don't get the fact how people are mad that we got another OLB prospect to fit in the 3-4. Don't get me wrong I think Carpenter came on strong for us last year, but he is not the pass rusher that Ware and Spencer are. in Phillips defense you need two good pass rushers to rush the passer, and that really isn't Carpentar's strong point. Too me Carpentar fits better as an 4-3 linebacker, but if Wade Phillips can find a good spot for him that will be a bonus.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1484780 said:
That was in 2005.

Adam, you didn't know I cant read.

What year is it anyway?

You are actually the person I wanted to talk to, good timing!

Where is the most reliable and complete website for college statistics that is available to average Joes like me?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Rack;1484787 said:

Thanks, I see that :cool:

If there is one person who can do that its Adam.

I am kind of glad he caught that though because I wanted to talk to the man anyway.

Now go work on your car... we wanna see a finished product.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484774 said:
NEVER MIND, I STAND CORRECTED

it's not good to question stats that I provide, because they're usually from memory, and which mine is pretty good

now you know :D

dcboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the vids.

His first step is sick! Its almost like he knows the snap count. I saved the senior bowl on dvr and noticed the same thing about him in that game. I have no doubts that he can rush the passer. I just hope he can play in space well too. He appears to be good against the run too. Everybody talks about how our pass rush disappeared when Ellis went down, but nobody seems to recall how he allowed no running on his side of the field. If Spencer plans to take Ellis' (if healthy) job, he better be stout against the run too and not kill us in coverage.

We need a good rotation to keep the backers fresh anyway. Blitzing and taking on bigger linemen will wear them down. Regardless of who starts, I am happy with the group that we have and am sure that everybody will play some.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484791 said:
Thanks, I see that :cool:

If there is one person who can do that its Adam.

I am kind of glad he caught that though because I wanted to talk to the man anyway.

Now go work on your car... we wanna see a finished product.

Oh there's more then 1 person that can do that. :D

And about the car... thinking about it. I already have a bunch of crap I removed from the car, I may just go organize that stuff before I remove more stuff.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Dude looks like a MONSTER. Ware and Spencer, hmmm....what is the nickname gonna be for this duo? :)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Rack;1484801 said:
Oh there's more then 1 person that can do that. :D

And about the car... thinking about it. I already have a bunch of crap I removed from the car, I may just go organize that stuff before I remove more stuff.

I was checking out the pics on the members zone.

Is it on a 10 year plan or? :confused:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484785 said:
Where is the most reliable and complete website for college statistics that is available to average Joes like me?

Straight from the NCAA --

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&site=org

Check out the leaders for tackles for loss. Spencer had the most and finished second in TFL per game. But what is most impressive is that he had 25 solo TFL. The next-most was 23, then nobody else had more than 19.