Twitter: Here's why we will beat the Eagles on Christmas Eve

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys certainly will not let Hurts break outside containment like the Packers did. They will keep him in the pocket and have Parsons and Williams rush some from the inside.

RoboQB

Reaction score

I gotta say I'm disappointed.
I fully expected to see a photoshopped pic of the 'Butcher' sitting on
Santa's lap telling him what he wanted for Christmas.

(You're probably getting lumps of coal wrapped in a Carson Wentz jersey...lol/jk)

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Cowboys certainly will not let Hurts break outside containment like the Packers did. They will keep him in the pocket and have Parsons and Williams rush some from the inside.

Agree about the pocket, however, that means playing a more passive pass-rush and forcing Hurts to make a play. Hurts is most dangerous when the defense makes his decisions for him especially RPOing behind the edge. If we're pass-rushing Micah do it from the edge and allow Damone to spy behind RDE (trusting on Tank to set LDE).

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Agree about the pocket, however, that means playing a more passive pass-rush and forcing Hurts to make a play. Hurts is most dangerous when the defense makes his decisions for him especially RPOing behind the edge. If we're pass-rushing Micah do it from the edge and allow Damone to spy behind RDE (trusting on Tank to set LDE).

good plan

Dakota

Reaction score
I think we will beat them simply because last game we had 3 bad turnovers and a couple of really stupid coaching decisions and they only managed to beat us by a whopping 9 points (in their house).
Yes, but if you recall, they kind of slept walked through the 2nd half and then put together a drive at the end when they needed it to seal the win. Also recall they were the only team to make Rush look like the backup he was. They also used Parson's agressiveness against him and played him like a fiddle. Hoping, Goedert, Maddox, Johnson and Davis are still out when we play them, although Maddox and Davis may be back soon. I'm hoping we can play a complete, error free game with very few penalties. If we do, we can win. I am still hopeful we can win the division and possibly the #1 seed. We will still need some help to win the division but if we control the things we can, we should be in good shape.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I think we do, actually. I'll be there. I hope there's not a ton of eagles fans there, but they've never shown up to our stadium like the Steelers, 49ers, or Packers fans.

That’s because Philadelphia is a ******** full of **** heads.

silvernblu

Reaction score
mr Risen i thought you were going to give us something from your view not just paste Skip Bayless who is only an attention seeker

I think the whole point of the post was tongue in cheek.

silvernblu

Reaction score
The Eagles and Giants are FINALLY reaching the difficult parts of their schedules.

I expect this game will decide the division.

strength of Schedule. Win percentage of opponents.

Games played:

Cowboys 58%
Eagles 49%
Giants 46%

Games to play:

Cowboys: 51%
Eagles: 55%
Giants: 70% yikes!

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles and Giants are FINALLY reaching the difficult parts of their schedules.

I expect this game will decide the division.

strength of Schedule. Win percentage of opponents.

Games played:

Cowboys 58%
Eagles 49%
Giants 46%

Games to play:

Cowboys: 51%
Eagles: 55%
Giants: 70% yikes!

These are kind of bogus stats though. Philly is playing a winning schedule only because they are facing the Giants, who yes technically has a winning record, but actually isn't all that great. They have two tough games left - Tennessee (but that's in Philly) and us. That's really it.

Losing to Tennessee this week, IMO, is pretty important for our chances at the division. I don't see another real loss out there after Tennessee other than us on Christmas Eve. And even in that scenario, we'd have to win out which I think is also unlikely.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
That’s because Philadelphia is a ******** full of **** heads.
100%. Unfortunately, the Metroplex is full of transplants, so it's easy for opposing fans to show up since a good chunk of them actually live here.

silvernblu

Reaction score
These are kind of bogus stats though. Philly is playing a winning schedule only because they are facing the Giants, who yes technically has a winning record, but actually isn't all that great. They have two tough games left - Tennessee (but that's in Philly) and us. That's really it.

Losing to Tennessee this week, IMO, is pretty important for our chances at the division. I don't see another real loss out there after Tennessee other than us on Christmas Eve. And even in that scenario, we'd have to win out which I think is also unlikely.

I disagree. Giants are a good team. I don't think they sweep them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I disagree. Giants are a good team. I don't think they sweep them.

Giants are not a good team. They skated by a bunch of close games early in the year, have lost two in a row as their flaws get exposed and they have a -7 points differential. Comparison wise we are 2nd in the league at +92, the Bills are first at +110 and the Eagles are +87.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Giants are not a good team. They skated by a bunch of close games early in the year, have lost two in a row as their flaws get exposed and they have a -7 points differential. Comparison wise we are 2nd in the league at +92, the Bills are first at +110 and the Eagles are +87.
Giants are a good team. I don't think Philly sweeps them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Giants are a good team. I don't think Philly sweeps them.

Based on what? Your feels? They have a negative points differential which is normally a sign of a mediocre to bad team. Their offense is ranked in the bottom third of the league and their defense is kind of middling. The odds that they get swept are pretty good.

Hope you are right but the Giants are a team that won alot of ugly close games early and now reality is setting in.

stinkface

Reaction score
Skip Bayless aka Baseless in fact and good judgement. Another version of clickbait. If its wasn't for social media he would be a 2 bit writer working at a mid-lever newspaper covering Division 3 football.