Twitter: He's having a historically great career

Sydla

Reaction score
But, But, But...I seen it on here, he is in decline....oh, wait...that is the hater loser mentality...never mind....

LOL, if one can't see that he's not been the same TB he was his rookie year, then the "homer" tag might apply here.

He got slower and bigger. Still a good TB but he clearly knew he lost something because he appears to have re-focused this offseason in terms of diet and training and now apparently at a weight level he hasn't seen since he was coming out of college.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If not for a bogus 6 games suspension, he would at least be only behind E. Smith. Saying that, last year was a bad year for him. I get that the OL had issues which really makes it hard on any RB but fumbling was not the OL fault. He has to own that. That has to improve or he has to get gone, regardless of any other stats.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If not for a bogus 6 games suspension, he would at least be only behind E. Smith. Saying that, last year was a bad year for him. I get that the OL had issues which really makes it hard on any RB but fumbling was not the OL fault. He has to own that. That has to improve or he has to get gone, regardless of any other stats.
That was a unfortunate year...not only did they suspend him but he had to fight each and every week and attend all these hearings from the NFL.....it was ridiculous.....how am I suppose to even play with this over my head all year?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL, if one can't see that he's not been the same TB he was his rookie year, then the "homer" tag might apply here.

He got slower and bigger. Still a good TB but he clearly knew he lost something because he appears to have re-focused this offseason in terms of diet and training and now apparently at a weight level he hasn't seen since he was coming out of college.

I always thought Zeke came under unfair criticism for the simple fact the guy since 2016 has been one of the best in the league. Derrick Henry can't say that.....no one really can. He's had a few years now where he hasn't been the best back in the league.....probably last two years for sure....but the guy is there and a guy like Saquon Barkley gets far more credit while being injury prone. Zeke's durability probably needs to be praised as well. That or his willingness to play hurt.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He deserves more credit around here that is given. And this is with all the "struggles" everyone claims he's having......

ELITE COMPANY

I think it's his declining last few years and not his career as a whole as he obviously rushed for a lot of yards in a few of his seasons....but his rushing yards per game average has dropped from 108.7 down to 65.3 with a decline every year of his career.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it's his declining last few years and not his career as a whole as he obviously rushed for a lot of yards in a few of his seasons....but his rushing yards per game average has dropped from 108.7 down to 65.3 with a decline every year of his career.
With those specific numbers, it should be I Know and not I Think....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
With those specific numbers, it should be I Know and not I Think....

I wrote I think as I do not perceive to know the reason of every member that expresses concern over Zeke but speaking solely for myself the decline in his YPG rushing and excessive amount of carries is reaching a level where he may need to be replaced in 1-2 seasons.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Zekes good, it also helps they had all those 1st round OL. Yea the 6 game suspension plus Dak getting hurt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He deserves more credit around here that is given. And this is with all the "struggles" everyone claims he's having......

ELITE COMPANY

Just take a look at that list right there. Who doesnt belong as one of the greats? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Interesting how his rushing numbers have gotten worse each year culminating with a really poor year last year. Let's hope he bounces back and let's see if he matches Barry's 1,883 rushing yards in year 6

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

ELITE COMPANY

No doubt, my man! He would have 3 rushing titles and would be #1 on that list if it wasn't for that bogus suspension. He had an off year for sure last year. But last season was an enigma. The injuries, turnovers, no training camp, terrible defense, new coaches, etc. ESPECIALLY the injuries. Hell even Earl Campbell or Jim Brown would have struggled behind 2nd and 3rd stringers on the O-line, plus a scrub back up QB. The fumbles are on him though. He deserves some criticisms there. Other than that he's been treated unfairly, IMO. He's a likable guy so I don't get it. Same with Dak. I can see why Steven A. Smith said we have the worst fan base.