Twitter: He's having a historically great career

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ramsey fought his way out of Jacksonville for not winning. Had we drafted Ramsey we wouldnt have been contenders and he probably would have left us as well.

I disagree. I think he stays here in Dallas. Jerry doesnt let him go and he left Jacksonville because there was NO hope. The Cowboys have a good team most years they just blow it. Either coaching or injuries.

And who knows............with Ramsey and Jones as a great tandem and Ramsey leading the defense instead of Jaylon, maybe we make the playoffs a few more times.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I disagree. I think he stays here in Dallas. Jerry doesnt let him go and he left Jacksonville because there was NO hope. The Cowboys have a good team most years they just blow it. Either coaching or injuries.

And who knows............with Ramsey and Jones as a great tandem and Ramsey leading the defense instead of Jaylon, maybe we make the playoffs a few more times.
Its possible. But not likely. They drafted Zeke thinking Romo would be starting. People forget that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but Pollards % of the carries have been going up since he got here. last year I think was a 70/30 split and rising. I would be happy with a 60/40 split in carries and most of the passes going Pollards way.

So although neither of our votes count, it appears they think more like CowboyRoy. :thumbup:

So even despite your hate for him you would still give Zeke more of the carries? It's clear that even you think Zeke is the better player.. :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So even despite your hate for him you would still give Zeke more of the carries? It's clear that even you think Zeke is the better player.. :thumbup:

Better player? Move the GP's again? Not sure that would really matter in a RB by committee. Thats how I would approach it. I actually think they compliment each other perfectly. Its just the 15 million salary and the 70/30.

This isnt a competition as to who the better player is. This is a football team trying to be the best it can be. Giving Zeke 15 million and 80% of the carries is bad football. With Pollard all you would need is a short yardage/ power back to replace what Zeke provides.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah Ramsey did wonders for the careers of Blake Bortles (cut), Nick Foles (traded) and Jared Goff (traded.)

That defense was really good in Jacksonville for a few years. And in case you didnt notice the Rams D was the #1 in the NFL last year. LOL

You really suck at this argument stuff. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Romo needed defense, not more offense. Just like Dak does. Surely you can understand that right?

Besides they had Murray and he was kicking @$$ in Dallas. Should have just resigned him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have stated on more than one occasion that Zeke had a crappy year in 2020. However even in his worst year he was not held below 4 ypc in 8 of 16 games like Pollard was and he was not held below 3 ypc in 3 games like Pollard was. Event fighting through Covid and multiple leg injuries he was able to be more consistently productive ..
No he did not deliver as many splash plays but as long as he doesn't get carries against worn out defenses and those totes continue to go to Pollard I don't really expect him to. But I do think the renewed commitment to getting back his speed and quickness will allow him to create more. But as I spoke of earlier, a lot of that is mentality. Zeke's mentality the last couple of years has been to look for contact early in games. There have been big plays out there for the taking in the past but he was looking to set a tone. I'm hoping he goes back to just trying to hit more home runs and screw setting the tone. Because Kellen Moore doesn't seem keen to reward him for that setup work with late game carries.. If we're leading those carries go to Pollard and if we're behind we're passing.

In 2016 Zeke was held below 4.0 YPC in 2 of 15 games he played and below 3.0 YPC in 1 of 15 games he played

In 2017 Zeke was held below 4.0 YPC in 4 of the 10 games he played (almost 1/2 the games he played) and below 3.0 YPC in 1 of the 10 games he played.

In 2018 Zeke was held below 4.0 YPC in 4 of the 15 games he played and below 3.0 YPC in 2 of the games he played

In 2019 Zeke was held below 4.0 YPC in 5 of the 16 games he played and below 3.0 YPC in 3 of the games he played

In 2020 Zeke was held below 4.0 YPC in 6 of the 15 games he played and below 3.0 YPC in 2 of the games he played

So you were wrong in that Zeke was held to 3.0 YPC in at least 3 games (2019) like you stated Pollard did and was 1 game short of half the games he played being below 4.0 YPC (2017).

In fact, in the 71 games Zeke has played he rushed for less than 4.0 YPC in 21 of them (29.6% of games played) and less then 3.0 YPC in 9 of them (12.7%) so Zeke isn't by any means infallible when com pared to Pollard in the terms you expressed.

Furthermore, the stats show that Zeke is in fact regressing when it comes to his YPC as the number of games BELOW 4.0 YPC and 3.0 YPC have increased with each year, a bad sign of things to come???