Twitter: He's having a historically great career

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's another one....I thought you were banned from this site? Why are you back so early? Did you not hold up your end of the deal?
Stop listening to my bud Rockport......:omg:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"when you throw a forward pass three things can happen and two are bad" I'll let someone else date themselves by saying who said that. But your right if you can run the ball it is the single most destructive thing you can do to the other team. If they can get back to a solid run game with how Dak has progressed as a passer, they would be lethal.

Yeah I don't want to see Dak slinging it 50 times a game not because I don't think he's good enough to do it but because I know that style of play simply does not lend itself to being a consistent playoff team. Especially if the defense is going to continue to be mostly average at best. If you get to where you have a truly dominant defense I might change my tune but I doubt it. Even the great defenses of recent times functioned best when paired with a strong running game and a passer who was CAPABLE of airing it out but was seldom asked to do so. That's what I want to see. I just hope Kellen Moore agrees.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While I do not dispute that he is having a very good career up to now... if his career ended today, he would be nowhere near consideration for HOF status. He would be just a footnote in NFL history books. Which means he needs to have an even better second half of his career, which in today's RB standards is not expected. Today's backs decline in their late twenties and especially hitting thirty years of age. Offenses going more pass happy also diminishes their carries and yardage. So i do not expect him to match that kind of consistency for the next six years.
Enmitt Walter and Barry played at the right time and were very consistent late in their careers. Hate to burst your bubble, but Zeke ain't gonna be in the HOF.
Of course he wouldn't be in the hall if he retired today....you can say that about Emmitt Smith or anyone else too if you take out their first 5 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While one can say last season with Dak and the o-line injuries it impacted Zeke but it's the average yards per game decline since his rookie season that is what is alarming, made even more so seeing as how JJ gave him that stupid extension when there were 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.

Well that's why I said I felt last year was better than the year before. He did his "damage" with a inferior offensive line and one of the worst in the league.

In regards to the contract, I've alway stuck by the issue wasn't giving him the contract the issue was taking him with the #4th pick in the draft. You had no choice but to re-sign him at that point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke had a few good years in the beginning. He ran behind a great line and got lots of carries. Cant dispute that. However, if anyone made a list of great RB's Zeke wouldnt be anywhere near those guys.

Can you even remember ONE game where Zeke came up big in a big moment? I cant. Emmitt was known for leading his team when it mattered most. Its actually pathetic you try to imply that Zeke is anything close to those other backs.
Of course he wouldn't be with those guys.......those guys played a full career....Zeke is heading towards year 6 lol...unfair to even compare...

Its pathetic that your comprehension skills lead you to believe that I tried to imply Zeke is close to those guys. My post is about production. Not skill. You're arguing against factual information. He's having a great career thus far.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if he can stay focused and OL stays healthy. Zeke could have monster career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course he wouldn't be with those guys.......those guys played a full career....Zeke is heading towards year 6 lol...unfair to even compare...

Its pathetic that your comprehension skills lead you to believe that I tried to imply Zeke is close to those guys. My post is about production. Not skill. You're arguing against factual information. He's having a great career thus far.

You just did compare them. And then you did it again just now. Zeke's first few years were great. The last few, not so much. Overall, Zeke was a poor choice over Ramsey. That much has been proven.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Either way, handing Elliott $50 million guaranteed looks like another personnel mistake by Jones & the front office.

After looking like one of the most dominant offensive weapons in football during his first few years in the league, Zeke experienced a sharp decline last season. A step slower & not nearly as dynamic in the open field.

If he doesn't step it up this season, he'll be playing for another franchise. That's far from "having a historically great career".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You just did compare them. And then you did it again just now. Zeke's first few years were great. The last few, not so much. Overall, Zeke was a poor choice over Ramsey. That much has been proven.
Where did I "compare" them? Please show me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Either way, handing Elliott $50 million guaranteed looks like another personnel mistake by Jones & the front office.

After looking like one of the most dominant offensive weapons in football during his first few years in the league, Zeke experienced a sharp decline last season. A step slower & not nearly as dynamic in the open field.

If he doesn't step it up this season, he'll be playing for another franchise. That's far from "having a great career".
If the Cowboys win a ring will anyone really care about how much money Zeke gets?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I predict Zeke is gone the moment his contract allows them to get out. Which I believe is at some point in 2022.

If Zeke goes out and leads the NFL in rushing or challenges for the title in 2021 he will finish out his contract and maybe even his career in Dallas. The guy is a great football player.. You try to get and keep as many of those as you can find.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Zeke goes out and leads the NFL in rushing or challenges for the title in 2021 he will finish out his contract and maybe even his career in Dallas. The guy is a great football player.. You try to get and keep as many of those as you can find.

His salary is the big problem. Rushing titles are great, but TD's are what really matter.

He is a RB that is NOT living up to expectations and getting old fast. You dont pay RB's 15million when you can use a couple pollards and get the same or better results and more diverse skills. Guys like that can be found on the 2nd day plenty good enough.