Twitter: He's having a historically great career

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He deserves more credit around here that is given. And this is with all the "struggles" everyone claims he's having......

ELITE COMPANY

Now do the trend of YPG over that time.

One of these things is not like the other ...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why post a blatant falsehood when trying to fashion a good argument? Zeke has 37 20+ yard runs in his career.. Pollard has 8. Pollard has 8 career TDs on 230 touches for 3.47%. Elliott has 56 TDs on 1654 touches for 3.38%.. Basically a dead heat. Zeke's career average per reception is 8.1 .. Pollard's is 7.0. Apparently that other dude aint the only one who don't like the truth. The ability to match or exceed Pollard's level of production percentage-wise over a much greater sample size speaks well of Zeke as a player. A lot of guys can shine for a hot minute.. It takes a little more to shine for a career.. I have no ill will toward Tony Pollard as I think he excels in his role as the changeup back. I not seen anything to make me believe he has the goods to be the starter.. and the only reason people even bring it up is they dislike Zeke. Pollard has gotten at least 8 carries in a game 11 times in his career... He has been held under 3 ypc in 4 of those games and under 4 ypc in 7 of them. Question: What starter quality back is under 3 ypc in over a third of his games and under 4 ypc in over 3/4 of them? Answer: none.

You just proved my point there genius. "dead heat"?

Pollard's is better. LOL

One guy is getting 15 million and one guy isnt.

Notice you have to have to go to career numbers when Im talking about the last few years. Looks like you couldn't prove me wrong eh? Changing the GP's again?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First 5 years in the league.....

Zeke - 4.5 YPC
Emmitt - 4.4 YPC
Barry - 4.7 YPC
Sweetness - 4.5

...what were you saying again?

So you still think Zeke is in the same class? What a homer. You do know Emmitt played for the Cowboys right?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
First 5 years in the league.....

Zeke - 4.5 YPC
Emmitt - 4.4 YPC
Barry - 4.7 YPC
Sweetness - 4.5

...what were you saying again?

Zeke had a 5.1 ypc average his rookie season.....the next 4 years after Zeke has a 4.325 ypc average.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why post a blatant falsehood when trying to fashion a good argument? Zeke has 37 20+ yard runs in his career.. Pollard has 8. Pollard has 8 career TDs on 230 touches for 3.47%. Elliott has 56 TDs on 1654 touches for 3.38%.. Basically a dead heat. Zeke's career average per reception is 8.1 .. Pollard's is 7.0. Apparently that other dude aint the only one who don't like the truth. The ability to match or exceed Pollard's level of production percentage-wise over a much greater sample size speaks well of Zeke as a player. A lot of guys can shine for a hot minute.. It takes a little more to shine for a career.. I have no ill will toward Tony Pollard as I think he excels in his role as the changeup back. I not seen anything to make me believe he has the goods to be the starter.. and the only reason people even bring it up is they dislike Zeke. Pollard has gotten at least 8 carries in a game 11 times in his career... He has been held under 3 ypc in 4 of those games and under 4 ypc in 7 of them. Question: What starter quality back is under 3 ypc in over a third of his games and under 4 ypc in over 3/4 of them? Answer: none.

lets just compare apples to apples shall we? Enough of your goal post moving nonsense. Here is 2020 for you:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/ezekiel-elliott-tony-pollard.php

Pollard is better in EVERY average ranking. Pollard had 129 total touches and scored 5 TD's. Zeke the great had 296 touches and only scored 8 TD's. Zeke had 167 MORE touches and only scored 3 more TD's? LOL

You want to do the math on that TD ration there genius?

Your love affair with Zeke is pathetic. Pollard is simply out playing him with less opportunity. And he isnt getting paid the laughable 15 million.

Dont use stats because you lose. BADLY!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke had a 5.1 ypc average his rookie season.....the next 4 years after Zeke has a 4.325 ypc average.

Anyone that implies that Zeke is as good or better than Emmitt doesnt belong in a football conversation.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You just proved my point there genius. "dead heat"?

Pollard's is better. LOL

One guy is getting 15 million and one guy isnt.

Notice you have to have to go to career numbers when Im talking about the last few years. Looks like you couldn't prove me wrong eh? Changing the GP's again?

Some idiot said: "Pollard had more 20 yards runs in one season last year than zeke did the last 4 years or something ridiculous like that. "

The facts said: Zeke has 37 20+ yard runs in his career.. Pollard has 8 for his career.
Zeke has 23 20+ yard runs in the last 4 years. Pollard has 8 for his career.
Zeke has 2 seasons in his career with more than 8 20+ yard runs. Pollard has 8 for his career.

I don't have to prove you wrong.. The facts do it for me.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Some idiot said: "Pollard had more 20 yards runs in one season last year than zeke did the last 4 years or something ridiculous like that. "

The facts said: Zeke has 37 20+ yard runs in his career.. Pollard has 8 for his career.
Zeke has 2 seasons in his career with more than 8 20+ yard runs. Pollard has 8 for his career.

One cannot compare Pollard to Zeke simply for the basic fact that Zeke has amassed 1,413 career carries while Pollard has amassed 187 career carries. Much like many point to the poor OL Dallas had in 2020 to explain Zeke's regression the same could be said of Pollard as Tony had a 5.3 ypc average in 2019 versus a 4.3 ypc average in 2020.

That all said, there is no denying the fact that Zeke is no longer the running back he was his rookie season and stats show his decline in terms of yards per game average, yards per carry, longest run, etc. and there is reason to be concerned with this season being the tell all season of what Zeke is NOW as a running back.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
lets just compare apples to apples shall we? Enough of your goal post moving nonsense. Here is 2020 for you:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/ezekiel-elliott-tony-pollard.php

Pollard is better in EVERY average ranking. Pollard had 129 total touches and scored 5 TD's. Zeke the great had 296 touches and only scored 8 TD's. Zeke had 167 MORE touches and only scored 3 more TD's? LOL

You want to do the math on that TD ration there genius?

Your love affair with Zeke is pathetic. Pollard is simply out playing him with less opportunity. And he isnt getting paid the laughable 15 million.

Dont use stats because you lose. BADLY!!

Your salary envy is showing as you keep trotting out this piece of trash. Tellya what.. since you seem so honed in on fantasy (something I could care less about) when they hold fantasy drafts over the next couple of weeks why don't you come back and tell us which player gets drafted higher.. Pollard or Zeke.. You don't like Zeke.. fine.. that's your problem not mine.. I'm going to continue to root for him to be the best back in the NFL.. You keep rooting for him to fail so you can be "right" if that turns you on. I have no interest in playing that game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

My bad...........I meant 40 yard runs. Notice where I say................"Or something ridiculous like that".

I also put up a lot of other stats there chumly. Nothing to say about that I see?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your salary envy is showing as you keep trotting out this piece of trash. Tellya what.. since you seem so honed in on fantasy (something I could care less about) when they hold fantasy drafts over the next couple of weeks why don't you come back and tell us which player gets drafted higher.. Pollard or Zeke.. You don't like Zeke.. fine.. that's your problem not mine.. I'm going to continue to root for him to be the best back in the NFL.. You keep rooting for him to fail so you can be "right" if that turns you on. I have no interest in playing that game.

Just putting up equally comparative stats buddy. Obviously you got nothing to say because you cant. Heck, when you watch them on tape Pollard is the better runner.

NO I hate Zeke. Overpaid immature punk that deserves nothing. The fool was lucky he was born with good physical genetics. All the fool can do in life is run with a leather ball. Oddly, the guy behind him can do it better and doesnt get the same opportunity.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
My bad...........I meant 40 yard runs. Notice where I say................"Or something ridiculous like that".

I also put up a lot of other stats there chumly. Nothing to say about that I see?

Zeke has a career total of 4 rushes of 40+ yards and 3 of them were in his rookie season back in 2016 (the other being in 2018); Zeke has a career total of 37 rushes of 20+ yard runs (30 of them were 2016-2018 but only 7 total in 2019 & 2020 combined)

Tony Pollard has a career total of 3 rushes of 40+ yards (2 in 2020 and 1 in 2019); Pollard has a career total of 8 rushes of 20+ yards (4 in 2020 and 4 in 2019)

The stats clearly show that Zeke is no longer the homerun threat running back he once was and that Pollard has that ability when given his limited chances.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One cannot compare Pollard to Zeke simply for the basic fact that Zeke has amassed 1,413 career carries while Pollard has amassed 187 career carries. Much like many point to the poor OL Dallas had in 2020 to explain Zeke's regression the same could be said of Pollard as Tony had a 5.3 ypc average in 2019 versus a 4.3 ypc average in 2020.

That all said, there is no denying the fact that Zeke is no longer the running back he was his rookie season and stats show his decline in terms of yards per game average, yards per carry, longest run, etc. and there is reason to be concerned with this season being the tell all season of what Zeke is NOW as a running back.

Frankly I hope Zeke is never the back he was as a rookie again.. I want him to be better. Which, with the change in his workout regimen and the added experience and knowledge of the game he absolutely can be. What scares me about it is that Moore doesn't really seem to have a clue as to how to use him. I've said repeatedly that the offense he runs is better suited for Pollard. Now if remaking his body enables Zeke to run more to that style he is still going to be the more gifted athlete of the two and could really take off this year. If Moore will give him the ball. Both backs have a good down the field receiving skillset yet we throw to them down the field like 3-4 times a year. As you correctly point out, Pollard's ypc dropped a full yard between 2019 and 2020. His dropoff was even more precipitous than Zeke's. Most alarming were his numbers in games where he got at least 8 carries. He had a couple of big performances but for the most part when he was leaned on a lot he was terrible. Yet somehow people keep turning a blind eye to that. I think Pollard is perfect where he is.. letting Zeke do the heavy lifting and coming in and using his quickness and fresh legs to create big plays. Asking him to do more would be a mistake IMHO.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke has a career total of 4 rushes of 40+ yards and 3 of them were in his rookie season back in 2016 (the other being in 2018); Zeke has a career total of 37 rushes of 20+ yard runs (30 of them were 2016-2018 but only 7 total in 2019 & 2020 combined)

Tony Pollard has a career total of 3 rushes of 40+ yards (2 in 2020 and 1 in 2019); Pollard has a career total of 8 rushes of 20+ yards (4 in 2020 and 4 in 2019)

The stats clearly show that Zeke is no longer the homerun threat running back he once was and that Pollard has that ability when given his limited chances.

Or could it be that Zeke does the work to create the homerun opportunities for Pollard. Maybe he's not the home run threat he once was .. For both guys the 40 yard runs have come late in games when defenses have been beaten down. Before Pollard came to town those late game carries against tired defenses went to Zeke.. Now they go to Pollard. Maybe the coaches take Zeke out late in those games because he himself is beaten down.. or maybe they know having a young mustang with fresh legs out there in those situations is a good formula. As long as it works for my team.. I don't really have a problem with it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Frankly I hope Zeke is never the back he was as a rookie again.. I want him to be better. Which, with the change in his workout regimen and the added experience and knowledge of the game he absolutely can be. What scares me about it is that Moore doesn't really seem to have a clue as to how to use him. I've said repeatedly that the offense he runs is better suited for Pollard. Now if remaking his body enables Zeke to run more to that style he is still going to be the more gifted athlete of the two and could really take off this year. If Moore will give him the ball. Both backs have a good down the field receiving skillset yet we throw to them down the field like 3-4 times a year. As you correctly point out, Pollard's ypc dropped a full yard between 2019 and 2020. His dropoff was even more precipitous than Zeke's. Most alarming were his numbers in games where he got at least 8 carries. He had a couple of big performances but for the most part when he was leaned on a lot he was terrible. Yet somehow people keep turning a blind eye to that. I think Pollard is perfect where he is.. letting Zeke do the heavy lifting and coming in and using his quickness and fresh legs to create big plays. Asking him to do more would be a mistake IMHO.

Personally I am more concerned about a 43.4 yards per game average DECREASE (2016-2020) in Dallas' #1, high priced running back than I am that of the Dallas back-up running back with less than 200 career carries over 2 seasons.

As for Pollard, here are his top amount of carries in 2019 and 2020:

14 carries for 60 yards
12 carries for 131 yards
13 carries for 103 yards
13 carries for 24 yards

12 carries for 69 yards
11 carries for 39 yards
10 carries for 31 yards

So only 7 times in 2 seasons has Pollard been given more than 10 carries in a game and when he has he has amassed the following stats: 85 carries for 457 yards with a 5.38 ypc average. In games he has been given less than 10 carries he has amassed the following stats: 102 carries 433 yards with a 4.25 ypc average. The point to this is Pollard has actually stepped up more often than not when he has been given 10+ carries in a game but as long as Zeke is here he will rarely get that chance, in spite of showing he deserves that chance.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Or could it be that Zeke does the work to create the homerun opportunities for Pollard. Maybe he's not the home run threat he once was .. For both guys the 40 yard runs have come late in games when defenses have been beaten down. Before Pollard came to town those late game carries against tired defenses went to Zeke.. Now they go to Pollard. Maybe the coaches take Zeke out late in those games because he himself is beaten down.. or maybe they know having a young mustang with fresh legs out there in those situations is a good formula. As long as it works for my team.. I don't really have a problem with it.

Like I said, ultimately this is more about concern for Zeke regressing than it is Pollard.