Hey Nors--Some Ty Law news!

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
From the Daily Turd:

LAW STILL WAITING FOR PAYDAY

A league source tells us that, while several teams remain interested in acquiring the services of former Pats cornerback Ty Law, no one is offering Law anything more than the veteran minimum.

Word is that, earlier in the offseason, Law's agents told one of the teams courting the talented-but-injured cover man that there was an offer on the table averaging $6 million per year.

If there ever were such an offer (and we doubt that there was), it's long gone now.

Instead, Law is left to choose among teams like the Steelers, Dolphins, and Jaguars, Chiefs, and Browns for his next destination.

So the question becomes whether one of the interested teams will sweeten the pot a little bit in order to win his services. Our guess is that the teams will hold firm in their current offers, and wait for Law to make a selection.

And if that's where it all ends up, we predict that Law will land with the Steelers. Law grew up, after all, in the 'Burgh, and the Steelers use the 3-4 defense with which he has grown comfortable over the years. Besides, many think that the Steelers will be squaring off with the Pats again for a trip to Super Bowl XL -- and Law surely would love to be the difference maker in the game that would disrupt New England's run for an unprecedented third straight Lombardi.

Of course, if Law can be had for only a minimum deal, other teams might look to get involved. The Colts, for example, might conclude that Law could help them get over the hump against the Patriots. The Packers still need help in the defensive secondary, as do the Rams and several other NFC teams.

Heck, if Law can be had for a one-year minimum deal, why wouldn't the Tuna give him a call? It was Bill Parcells, after all, who selected Law in round one of the 1995 draft while coaching the Pats.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Saw this and knew where it was heading...this thread could go on forever :)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Ty Law:showme:

The rest of the league :thumbdo:

I agree.

Most teams are not willing to shell out big money for a player if they cannot even run.

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
:jackpot:i'm willing to dish the money out for ty law as a free safety but that only if i was a millionare

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Welocme to reality Law; dam that most hurt you ego you just got :clubbed:

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
ThEpLyMaKeR88 said:
:jackpot:i'm willing to dish the money out for ty law as a free safety but that only if i was a millionare

It's so nice to see that there are people still petitioning for a free safety. Get over it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
It's so nice to see that there are people still petitioning for a free safety. Get over it.

Untill we get a free safety it will come up.
Law is just doing prudent business.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
Untill we get a free safety it will come up.

Yeah...just like Ross Verba was. :lmao2:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Law is saying :showme:; Yet the only thing that teams are showing him is :moonbart: because all he can do right now is :picknose:.

His ego is taking a :spanking: and he is whinning about his offer's.

Well guess what Law no one is going to pay big :money: for you.

I am out like Law's foot

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Law is saying :showme:; Yet the only thing that teams are showing him is :moonbart: because all he can do right now is :picknose:.

His ego is taking a :spanking: and he is whinning about his offer's.

Well guess what Law no one is going to pay big :money: for you.

I am out like Law's foot

:bravo:

scottsp

Reaction score
Law's name won't be coming up at all - as far as the Cowboys are concerned. Not by any credible source anyway.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Law's name won't be coming up at all - as far as the Cowboys are concerned. Not by any credible source anyway.
I agree. Mickey Spagnola entertained the idea in a recent Mick's Mail and he said there was no interest. I think he's right and there never has been. Parcells does not want to deal with the Postons. We need a Free safety not a CB. There is no proof that he can make the switch and be effective. It will never happen.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
He should have been doing prudent business and signed that big contract offer last year. Sometimes when you roll the dice things don't go your way.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
He should have been doing prudent business and signed that big contract offer last year. Sometimes when you roll the dice things don't go your way.

Pats paid him $10M Cap last year. He took the injury risk and lost. The offer Pats had on table was well off market value and I'll look it up but was far less than a $10M Signing bonus.... Believe the offer was 4 years $26M of which the 2004 was counted in. He earned every Dollar of that anyway.

He'd easily have scored far more than that in free agency (without injury). I don't feel for Law at all and some team is going to make a score with him!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Former Patriot Ty Law and Commanders linebacker LaVar Arrington are two of the more high-profile investors in a Ritz-Carlton resort on Turks and Caicos, an island group in the Caribbean, according to their agent, Carl Poston. Law spent a few days there before working out for the Jaguars Thursday. He was given a physical and an MRI by team doctors. There's a big ex-Patriots presence in Jacksonville, with former coaches Ray Hamilton, Carl Smith, and Paul Boudreau all on the staff. Law has also purchased a special laser (for a hefty $10,000) and has licensed himself to use it to promote healing of his surgically repaired right foot. Law said he's about 85 percent recovered and should take care of the final 15 percent soon as he begins workouts with Bob Kersee.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
Former Patriot Ty Law and Commanders linebacker LaVar Arrington are two of the more high-profile investors in a Ritz-Carlton resort on Turks and Caicos, an island group in the Caribbean, according to their agent, Carl Poston. Law spent a few days there before working out for the Jaguars Thursday. He was given a physical and an MRI by team doctors. There's a big ex-Patriots presence in Jacksonville, with former coaches Ray Hamilton, Carl Smith, and Paul Boudreau all on the staff. Law has also purchased a special laser (for a hefty $10,000) and has licensed himself to use it to promote healing of his surgically repaired right foot. Law said he's about 85 percent recovered and should take care of the final 15 percent soon as he begins workouts with Bob Kersee.

What's he gonna say, I'm not close and it will be November?

If a player is saying 85%, he's probably closer to 60%.

If it's his agent saying 85%, it's really 20%.;)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Law has also purchased a special laser (for a hefty $10,000) and has licensed himself to use it to promote healing of his surgically repaired right foot.

This has good idea written all over it.