Hi-res pics?!?

kmp77

Reaction score
Any high res pics? I want to make a wallpaper but using lowrest pics isn't the way to go.

Rayman

Reaction score
By the way, any tips on how to make a decent wallpaper?

I downloaded the 30 day trial of photoshop but I'm lost. I have some good photos but don't know what to do with them.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rayman said:
By the way, any tips on how to make a decent wallpaper?

I downloaded the 30 day trial of photoshop but I'm lost. I have some good photos but don't know what to do with them.

Uh....well....here is the simple method, but to be honest until you get used to using it, it still may be asking too much.

Set up a new image with the size you want....change the color, make designs, whatever you want.

That is your base image.

Then take the pics you found.

You will copy one pic and then go over and click on your base pic and paste the copied pic as a new layer.

This will put the picture on your base background that you made....you should be able to move it around to place it depending on the size.

Then go to the next pic and do the same.

Once you get all of the pics on there that you want then you find where is says to merge the layers...this will make it so they are set on the base pic...kind of like taking photos and putting them in an album and sticking them to the page and then putting the cover over it.

Then you can save the entire image as a .jpeg or .gif format.

Now...that sounds easy to me...but there are many things that can be confusing.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kmp77 said:
Any high res pics? I want to make a wallpaper but using lowrest pics isn't the way to go.

Not sure of top quality, because at one time they had some scanned photos...but

www.bluestarboys.com

has a nice little gallery of cowboy greats.

Also you could make a list of the players you want and do a google image search...might get lucky and find a site with plenty on them.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
pictures of which players do you want?

a while abck i was going to make a web site but i got lazy and i got pictures of a lot of cowboys just let me know which players and ill rar the pics up and send them

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
google
kmp77 said:

kmp77

Reaction score
Nice smart response. I just love it when people ASSUME you ask before taking the time to look. You know what they say when you assume, you make an

FiftyRight2a.jpg

out of yourself. I've looked and looked. Most sites and news sources post small images, not high-res (greater than say 500x400 pixels) pictures suitable for desktop size pieces....1280x1024 or 1024x768 etc. You have to upscale 99% of the pics and that leads to loss of detail.

Rayman

Reaction score
kmp77 said:
Nice smart*zz response. I just love it when people ASSUME you ask before taking the time to look. You know what they say when you assume, you make an

FiftyRight2a.jpg

out of yourself. I've looked and looked. Most sites and news sources post small images, not high-res (greater than say 500x400 pixels) pictures suitable for desktop size pieces....1280x1024 or 1024x768 etc. You have to upscale 99% of the pics and that leads to loss of detail.

Like I said, check out www.eyetide.com

The 2003 and 2004 seasons are free.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
kmp77 said:
All the pics I see on there are like 320x240px.

ive been saving a lot of cowboys pictures and i dont think you will find pictures that big but if you find a place please let me know

kmp77

Reaction score
jacs said:
ive been saving a lot of cowboys pictures and i dont think you will find pictures that big but if you find a place please let me know

Ok, will do. That's what my original request was, just to see if anyone has come across some large images.....NOT where I could find ANY cowboys images. Dallascowboys.com has some SUPER high-res face shots on their site but no action shots.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kmp77 said:
Ok, will do. That's what my original request was, just to see if anyone has come across some large images.....NOT where I could find ANY cowboys images. Dallascowboys.com has some SUPER high-res face shots on their site but no action shots.

You may wish to ask LaTunaNostra.

She may have some images or help you find some.

I think it is hard to find the large pictures like you are wanting.

inevadropit

Reaction score
www.cbs.sportsline.com

right click and select properties

copy the location of the file

paste it into your browser

IMPORTANT

in the url there will be the word "lower" , replace this word and only this word with 1024x768

press enter

voila

Rayman

Reaction score
inevadropit said:
www.cbs.sportsline.com

IMPORTANT

in the url there will be the word "lower" , replace this word and only this word with 1024x768

press enter

voila

That's pretty slick.

I've been wondering why they got rid of the high resouluton pics.
You use to be able to just select the size you wanted right under the pic.

Thanks for the helpfull info.

Now, do you know what happened to the wallpaper on DMN?

AceofSpades

Reaction score
inevadropit said:
www.cbs.sportsline.com

IMPORTANT

press enter

voila

I dont see the word "lower" in the URL for any pic on that site. What pics are you talking about? :confused: