High of 18!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
We have to start out fast. It's gonna be a low scoring game I think. We have to run the ball effectively and pressure RODGERS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think we will be fine unless Bob Hayes is playing in late 60's equipment. I would rather play them there than in a dome. It's gonna be tough because of the guys on the other side of the ball not because of the weather.

Fact is that game was hard on both teams, neither could get much going all day long. GB back then was a physical running team while Dallas came into that game with greater team speed and some very good WR but in the brutal cold that passing game was not there it came down to the rushing attack and GB was better equipped for that than Dallas. Temps are not suppose to be that cold but I will gladly take a physical running attack in GB as opposed to straight passing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I remember some years back how Texas was going through a heat wave of sorts, it was Hot even for Texas, towards the start of the season.

The eagles were going to come to play at texas stadium and everyone was saying how the Cowboys would have the advantage because they had been working out in Texas and the Eagles would be the ones to struggle...well that turned out to be the direct opposite as many cowboys players were having trouble and the eagles won the game easily because they prepared.

This whole thing about weather normally makes no difference at all...especially in the playoffs this time of year because more often than not there will be some games in the cold.

The weather is not the area we should be thinking about....we need think about Our Defense going against their Offense and Our offense against their Defense.

this the "pickle juice" year?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I remember some years back how Texas was going through a heat wave of sorts, it was Hot even for Texas, towards the start of the season.

The eagles were going to come to play at texas stadium and everyone was saying how the Cowboys would have the advantage because they had been working out in Texas and the Eagles would be the ones to struggle...well that turned out to be the direct opposite as many cowboys players were having trouble and the eagles won the game easily because they prepared.

This whole thing about weather normally makes no difference at all...especially in the playoffs this time of year because more often than not there will be some games in the cold.

The weather is not the area we should be thinking about....we need think about Our Defense going against their Offense and Our offense against their Defense.

%&#@$% Pickle Juice!!!!!

perrykemp

Reaction score
GB does not practice outdoors they practice in an inside facility, they are no more use to cold weather, much of the season the temps are great.

My understanding is they practice indoors but open the doors the facility to provide a reasonable facsimile of the temperature but not the generation conditions (wind, snow, etc)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks standing around in 18 degree weather doesn't affect you hasn't done much standing around in 18 degree weather.

I don't think it gives the Packers any advantage but it will have an affect on both teams. Some guys more than others.

2 below this morning when I jumped out of the shower and walked out to start the truck in just a bathrobe and boots.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is Rodgers calf. Heard a Doctor say it wouldn't heal in 2 weeks. If that is so, how does the weather effect that.
It could tighten up on him. Limit him running.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score

You just had to bring up the pickle juice game, it's the secret sauce you know.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
In games under 30 degrees, Tony is 1-2 with a 26 quarterback rating.

I suspect he'll improve on that this Sunday.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Cold weather definitely doesn't hurt the Cowboys; it will be bad for Rodgers' calf and the Cowboys are built for cold weather. I'd take some snow and wind too.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Break out the sun screen, lol Cowboys will be fine. GB practice inside they are not out in the cold practicing and Rodgers from Cal is not any better than anyone else in dealing with cold temps. Hell Romo and Martin are from Wis and many of our players went to school in colder regions. This game is all about execution

If you live in Green Bay and have to go out in the cold for any reason all winter long even if for short periods of time it is a definite advantage.

Also, I read that the field is kept at 40 degrees so the field wont be an issue, just adjusting to a rock hard ball and the mental effect of the cold air is a huge adjustment.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Checked the forecast for green bay on Sunday...18 is the high. Advantage for Green Bay for sure. Let's hope Dallas is doing everything they can to be not only prepared for the game, but the weather as well. Gonna be the first game this cold for them in a long long time

I kind of disagree with you. I really do think that the advantage is for us. They are a pass first team. In 18°, it's pretty damn difficult to grip and throw a ball. The running game will dictate this matchup.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I kind of disagree with you. I really do think that the advantage is for us. They are a pass first team. In 18°, it's pretty damn difficult to grip and throw a ball. The running game will dictate this matchup.

The are a pass first team, however, they have been running the ball more and more.

As an example the Packers have rushed for more yards for a higher average per carry than the Cowboys over the past 8 games of the season.

It's a bit surprising.

lqmac1

Reaction score
The are a pass first team, however, they have been running the ball more and more.

As an example the Packers have rushed for more yards for a higher average per carry than the Cowboys over the past 8 games of the season.

It's a bit surprising.

Lacey is going to be one of the better RB's we've played this year, but after containing McCoy, Lynch and Forte, Who I perceive as elite running backs, I'm not too worried about the run. Crawford has been absolutely stout in every aspect, including run stopping. As ugly as this sounds, I really do like our D line's matchup this week.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Lacey is going to be one of the better RB's we've played this year, but after containing McCoy, Lynch and Forte, Who I perceive as elite running backs, I'm not too worried about the run. Crawford has been absolutely stout in every aspect, including run stopping. As ugly as this sounds, I really do like our D line's matchup this week.

I think defending LAcy is a lot like defending Brandon Jacobs. You have to get a bit of penetration so the train cant get going. Just one stutter step by him and you have the advantage.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I think defending LAcy is a lot like defending Brandon Jacobs. You have to get a bit of penetration so the train cant get going. Just one stutter step by him and you have the advantage.

I agree! Let's cross our fingers and hope Rolando is healthy and ready to rock

Spectre

Reaction score
Checked the forecast for green bay on Sunday...18 is the high. Advantage for Green Bay for sure. Let's hope Dallas is doing everything they can to be not only prepared for the game, but the weather as well. Gonna be the first game this cold for them in a long long time

Damn. That is brutal. Beasley looks nordic enough- let's get him 22 receptions.