Highest % drives ending in a TD through week 3

The niners are in a world of their own right now offensively. Dallas has still been one of the best offenses in the league. We should always strive for improvement but when analyzing the issues on the team, its defense, defense, defense.
I'm not disagreeing with your first two statements. I'm simply saying being successful relative to the rest of the league or some "standard" measure is ignoring the context of how well your team peformed relative to their opportunities.

We haven't been stopped by the opposition as much as we've stopped ourselves. Our % COULD and SHOULD be higher than it is. Maximizing our execution should be the goal, rather than being satisifed that statistically we look pretty good.

We all understand that defense is the bigger issue BUT that doesn't mean you can't perform better on offense. Games are won & lost in the small details. Generate a little more scoring & you could still win games while you are figuring out the D.
 
Yes my 20/20 vision is working fine this morning.
You stated that the Cowboys don't have a scoring problem yet winning is dependent on outscoring the opponent. So, are you satisfied that the offense has been as efficient as possible?

Just trying to understand if everyone realizes that 100% scoring is theoretically possible. No, I'm not expecting anyone to achieve that over any meaningful stretch but I'm not satisfied with 38.5% when I know they've left points on the table.

I'm opposed to using these type measures to say the offense has done all they could and all the issues lie elsewhere.
 
The niners are in a world of their own right now offensively. Dallas has still been one of the best offenses in the league. We should always strive for improvement but when analyzing the issues on the team, its defense, defense, defense.
I know I've posted this several times and Bob and crew might give me a warning if I keep it up...BUT....I feel it's important to show it's not JUST the defense. You can post all the O stats you want...but when you look at this...you HAVE to agree the offense needs more urgency during certain times. NOT in blowouts...but in crunch times as well (not just last 2 minutes of halves)

Vtwin said:
The defense ended Raven's possessions forcing a punt or turnover on downs 5 times.

The Ravens defense ended Cowboy's possessions forcing a punt or turnover on downs 3 times. They killed themselves on 2 other drives with a fumble and a blocked FG on a 59 yard attempt.

The Cowboys offense went 5-13 on 3rd down conversions.

Blaming the defense entirely on this loss is madness. I can't say terminal because it will never stop. lol

Prescott had five chances with the ball in his hands on two drives inside the ten yard line, and he didn't get it done. That was as big a reason for the loss as any of the other reasons for the loss.
 
Not sure how you can say extremely overblown when coming away with only 6 points on two 1st and goal situations played an extremely significant role in the loss.

The offense choked in those situations. The game was lost by 3 points. The offense doesn't deserve a pass on that no matter what the defense did or didn't do.
big dog seems to be ignoring your comment that I cited to him.
 
I'm not disagreeing with your first two statements. I'm simply saying being successful relative to the rest of the league or some "standard" measure is ignoring the context of how well your team peformed relative to their opportunities.

We haven't been stopped by the opposition as much as we've stopped ourselves. Our % COULD and SHOULD be higher than it is. Maximizing our execution should be the goal, rather than being satisifed that statistically we look pretty good.

We all understand that defense is the bigger issue BUT that doesn't mean you can't perform better on offense. Games are won & lost in the small details. Generate a little more scoring & you could still win games while you are figuring out the D.
The red zone efficiency is an area for improvement for sure. As I said, every unit should be looking to improve, including those that are already very good. I just have little patience for those that are looking at these games and concluding the way to win them is by the offense being even better. If we are going to analyze what we need to do to turn those close losses into wins than improving the defense by a modest margin is a much more reasonable expectation than trying to squeeze more juice out of our offense.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,038
Messages
14,658,662
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top