Highest paid babes in Hollywood

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Next time someone complains about an athlete's salary, kindly direct them to acting salaries. :eek:: I'm suprised Halle Berry isn't on this list and that Angelina Jolie isn't higher.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/30/leisure.roberts.reut/index.html

Roberts is highest-paid actress
Kidman, Witherspoon come in at Nos. 2 and 3

1. Julia Roberts, $20 million per film
2. Nicole Kidman, $16-$17 million per film
3. Reese Witherspoon, $15 million per film
4. Drew Barrymore, $15 million per film
5. Renee Zellweger, $10-$15 million per film
6. Angelina Jolie, $10-$15 million per film
7. Cameron Diaz, $10-$15 million per film
8. Jodie Foster, $10-$12 million per film
9. Charlize Theron, $10 million per film
10. Jennifer Aniston, $9 million per film

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- She traded Hollywood for motherhood and did not star in a movie this year, but Julia Roberts still ranks as Hollywood's highest-paid actress at $20 million a film, according to an annual power list.

The Hollywood Reporter, an entertainment paper on Wednesday published its annual list of the top-earning actresses, putting Nicole Kidman just behind Roberts at No. 2.

Kidman commands an estimated $16 million to $17 million per movie, the Reporter said.

The No. 3 and No. 4 spots were held by Reese Witherspoon, currently starring in Oscar hopeful "Walk the Line," and Drew Barrymore, both of whom take in $15 million a movie.

Roberts, with her broad smile and infectious all-American style, earned an Oscar for playing feisty consumer advocate Erin Brockovich in the 2000 movie of the same name.

That role and her ability to lure audiences into theaters in movies like "Ocean's Eleven" put her in the ranks of $20 million-plus movie actors, a realm previously reserved for hugely popular actors like Tom Cruise.

Roberts, 38, put her career on hold in 2004 and 2005. She gave birth in November of last year to twins, Phinnaeus and Hazel, and is married to cameraman Danny Moder.

Three actresses, Renee Zellweger, Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz, all had salaries estimated between $10 million and $15 million per film, the No. 5, 6 and 7 positions on the list.

Jodie Foster, who starred in the recent thriller "Flight Plan," returned to the list for the first time since 2002 at No. 8 with an asking price from $10 million to $12 million.

Charlize Theron made her debut in the No. 9 spot at a flat $10 million, and the No. 10 position belonged to Jennifer Aniston, who was said to make $9 million a movie.

The list of top-earning actresses is part of the Reporter's annual Women in Entertainment Power 100 issue, which hits stands December 6.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither Halle or Angelina are great actresses... Angelina is "beautiful" but she's made alot of crappy or average movies. I think she's got "great" in her, but I think she's capitalizing off her beauty rather than acting now.

Halle just makes poor career choices. She's had so many hit and misses that I'd be hard pressed to consider her a bankable commodity. She'll always make good money, but she's not a guaranteed hit maker.

Barrymore is ok, but I think she gets production credits as well. I can't imagine she's that much of a box office draw.

Reese Witherspoon surprises me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
Neither Halle or Angelina are great actresses... Angelina is "beautiful" but she's made alot of crappy or average movies. I think she's got "great" in her, but I think she's capitalizing off her beauty rather than acting now.

Halle just makes poor career choices. She's had so many hit and misses that I'd be hard pressed to consider her a bankable commodity. She'll always make good money, but she's not a guaranteed hit maker.

Barrymore is ok, but I think she gets production credits as well. I can't imagine she's that much of a box office draw.

I agree with all your takes..and it kills me with Berry...as she can be so good in some movies and then pick stinkers like Swordfish and Catwoman (although I enjoy watching both with the volume down since I find her sexy as hades lol)

I had no clue about Reese...she just annoys the heck out of me.

I like Barrymore, not really great movies but something about her, just seems like a fun person.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I like Barrymore, not really great movies but something about her, just seems like a fun person.
What makes you say that? :D

drew.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Reese is surprising at first, but then I sit and think that her movies have done very well. Although I didn't watch either Legally Blonde movies, I know a lot of people who have. Seems to have mass appeal. I am surprised Sandra Bullock isn't on the list. Don't really care either way about her, but she seems to have mass appeal as well.

I don't like Roberts, Zellwegger or Kidman, but they get the big movie offers. They get on my nerves and when I watch them, I think there must be hundreds of actresses that can do that.

I agree on Berry. She chooses some strange roles, but maybe she does it to get the big bucks. Who cares if Catwoman tanked, when you still get paid?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief said:
Never mind Halle's Oscar.
Having an Oscar doesn't make her "great" IMO. Like I said before, she's had too many hits and misses. She's had too many sub-par movies that discounts her better performances..

For example, you get an Oscar and then backdoor it by doing a Bond movie and Catwoman :rolleyes:

I like Halle, but some of her career choices disappoint me

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Halle is a bad actress, not good, and certainly not great. Her performance in Monster's Ball was incredibly overated. Basically, just cry a lot, show some skin, and here's your oscar. Of course that whole oscar year was fishy that year with Denzel getting it in another overrated performance. Sean Penn or Crowe deserved it then.

Jolie has been ok, but she definately can be very good. She has an oscar as well, and she did deserve it.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jolie did a damn good acting job in the movie about the model...gia

outstanding performance.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I recently heard that Dakota Fanning is moving up those charts also.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Don't be hatin on Halle "The Future Mrs Yeager" Berry because she's beautiful :D