Highlight of the Super Bowl was Tony Romo

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Someone should make a Romo Superbowl highlight video. Starting with him saying he waited his whole life to hear Tony Romo welcome to the Superbowl.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I did catch him at one point trying to make three different predictions on a play and none of them happened.

I chuckled at that one.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of you people are just pathetic living with the negative energy that consumes you.
Only about as much as someone going out of their way to remind them multiple times a day.

I'm almost curious as to what your posts would consist of if you stopped calling people haters/pathetic?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
It’s funny that someine coined the phrase Rostradamus or whatever dumb name theyngave him when I’ve been saying for over a year he’s like Nostradamus and that’s not a compliment to his “predictions”. Nostradamus sat around and wrote/predicted stuff all day, he did it so much in fact that some of it was bound to come true and when it would he was credited for being right while everyone ignored the majority of times he was wrong.

Romo adds good insight into the game but this “he’s always right” and “he’s always calling the plays” is ridiculous. Sure it’s happened but more often than times he’s wrong which everyone conveniently forgets. I like how he’ll say “gotta think run on this play and this is where everyone will be coming from” but when it’s a pass, other people say “he never said it WOULD be a run” but if it was actually a run it’s “Romo called it again, he’s a genius”.

What about when he was publicly saying McVay was wrong in the 4th for accepting the penalty because it didn’t stop the clock although it would have most likely pushed NE out of FG range which was more important. Did anyone catch that or just take Tony’s word as gospel and drool over how right he was even though he wasn’t?

There were several other examples of times he was wrong with a few when he was right. Again, he adds something to the game most other announcers don’t but please stop exaggerating with how right he always is.
He's right more than he's wrong.

If they accept that penalty and NE doesn't kick the FG they likely end up with the ball inside their own 20 with less than 30 seconds to go the length of the field.

aria

Reaction score
He's right more than he's wrong.

If they accept that penalty and NE doesn't kick the FG they likely end up with the ball inside their own 20 with less than 30 seconds to go the length of the field.
Disagree and I even commented in a thread a few weeks ago that I would keep track of how many times he was right vs wrong just for fun and to prove the Romoholics wrong.

Last night he was wrong more than right unless you include loophole comments like “watch for the run to the right” and if they run to the right then he’s correct but if they don’t then he’s not wrong because he didn’t specifically say they would run to the right.

Same thing with a punt. “This would be a good place to fake a punt, they should be looking for it”. It happens and he’s a genius, it doesn’t and he never specifically said they would.

I’m not saying he’s never right but it’s completely overblown. Every now and then he hits the nail on the head but so do a lot of arm chair coaches drinking beer and eating cheetos at home.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Romo did great. I really enjoy listening to him. Good energy. Now sign him as our OC and assistant HC. Lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Only about as much as someone going out of their way to remind them multiple times a day.

I'm almost curious as to what your posts would consist of if you stopped calling people haters/pathetic?
Nirvana

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Disagree and I even commented in a thread a few weeks ago that I would keep track of how many times he was right vs wrong just for fun and to prove the Romoholics wrong.

Last night he was wrong more than right unless you include loophole comments like “watch for the run to the right” and if they run to the right then he’s correct but if they don’t then he’s not wrong because he didn’t specifically say they would run to the right.

Same thing with a punt. “This would be a good place to fake a punt, they should be looking for it”. It happens and he’s a genius, it doesn’t and he never specifically said they would.

I’m not saying he’s never right but it’s completely overblown. Every now and then he hits the nail on the head but so do a lot of arm chair coaches drinking beer and eating cheetos at home.
He’s overblown by every one in the world except you. Tell you something?

sean10mm

Reaction score
My favorite Romo observation was, and I'm paraphrasing a lot, he noted that the Patriots were giving Goff problems by changing the defensive look after McVay radioed in the play and the helmet radios cut out at 00:15 on the play clock. Goff was not doing a good job making his own reads and audibles at the line. Romo pointed out that the Rams solution was to break the huddle late to deny the Patriots time to shift before the snap after the defensive calls were radioed to them. The problem was that the Rams only figured this out as time was running out.

I also laughed when Romo basically said of McVay, CHANGE SOMETHING, BREAK YOUR TENDENCIES, BECAUSE YOUR SCRIPT ISN'T WORKING TODAY... and then the Rams ran a couple of oddball plays before giving up.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I can tell you that I watched the game with a room full of people who hated Romo as a player as they hate the Cowboys. Now they can't get enough of him on the broadcasts they were actually rewinding the game at times to hear what Romo said again.

They love him in the booth as does most of America

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Let's put this in context...take this same game and have Buck and Aikman or Michael's and Colinsworth, do you turn the TV? Romo kept you entertained considering how awful the game actually was.

I only watched for Romo, so I wouldn't have tuned in to hear the others.

There were several moments where I thought he did an excellent job. He said Goff needed to step up in the pocket and make a big-time throw right before Goff did just that. Teasing Nantz about jinxing Gostkowski right before New England's kicker missed a field goal. Pointing out that the Patriots had used the same formation twice on their touchdown drive and should use it until the Rams stop it, which they did on the next play for the pass near the goal line to Gronkowski. Pointing out how the Rams' defense was disguising its zone defense to look like man and confusing Brady. Pointing out how the Patriots were confusing Goff about who was coming on the rush and how many were coming when they were only sending four or five.

He also had a few gaffes, such as saying something about a defensive holding penalty making it second down right before the official announced that it was an automatic first down. But I didn't mind. As I said, I tuned in to listen to him, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't on the Madden level when Madden was in his prime.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What about when he was publicly saying McVay was wrong in the 4th for accepting the penalty because it didn’t stop the clock although it would have most likely pushed NE out of FG range which was more important. Did anyone catch that or just take Tony’s word as gospel and drool over how right he was even though he wasn’t?

McVay had to decline the penalty because it would have given New England an extra down to help run out the clock. His team needed the ball back so the point was take the down over the yardage, stop the Patriots and give your office at least some kind of shot of scoring. It was absolutely the right call.

I actually had a moment where I was thinking why would you decline the penalty, but time was more important than yardage at that point.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Romo had no big plays to work with.

Gets to do the Superbowl and has this bore to deal with.

In a lot of ways, his first time doing the Super Bowl as an announcer was the perfect metaphor for his career as a Cowboy.

He spent his time and effort trying to make something that was pretty awful, look pretty good. And for the most part, he did a darn good job of it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Right. So I can assume we'll see all those armchair drunks in the booth in the next year or two, getting accolades industry wide for the great job they are doing.

PS--sounds like someone not only took a piss in your Wheaties this morning, but then force fed them to you while repeatedly smashing a white hot branding iron into your bare skin.

I hope the rest of your day goes better......

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

He commentates like he played.
Throws a lot out there and takes some chances. Hits on most, misses on few.

Right or wrong, he makes it interesting and gives us viewpoint on the game we don't usually get.

yesfan

Reaction score
Tony keeps the game fun even when there’s little to work with.He is a natural for this gig.