Hill: Monte Kiffen won't force cover 2 scheme...interviewed w/JG and JG today

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
Kiffen talked to Garrett and Jones at Valley Ranch today, believes Dware can play end. Whats true is you won't see him in coverage anymore

Per a source, if Kiffen comes to Dallas..he will not force cover 2 scheme in secondary..will let Carr and Claiborne do what they do best

Cowboys believe in Kiffen's NFL track record not his struggles in the college game..two different games.

Jerry Jones wanted to make a splash hire..Monte Kiffen would fit the bill if this was 2003 not 2013.

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN
Monte Kiffin is in Dallas right now to interview for the Cowboys DC opening. It doesn't appear club will be able to speak to Ray Horton.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
Monte Kiffin was at Valley Ranch Thursday meeting with Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett, according to @fishsports.

CoachHodnett

Play-calling is an Art
Reaction score
@clarencehilljr: Per a source, if Kiffen comes to Dallas..he will not force cover 2 scheme in secondary..will let Carr and Claiborne do what they do best

@clarencehilljr: Kiffen talked to Garrett and Jones at Valley Ranch today, believes Dware can play end. Whats true is you won't see him in coverage anymore

@clarencehilljr: Cowboys believe in Kiffen's NFL track record not his struggles in the college game..two different games.

JBS

Reaction score
kiffin not implementing his cover 2 scheme sounds like it has FAIL written all over it

why bring him in at all?

Woods

Reaction score
What were Kiffens problems coaching in college?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Risen Star;4957475 said:
Do people actually doubt Ware can play DE?
They shouldn't, but I will say I wanted him to set the NFL record for sacks by a LB.

intelmax

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4957481 said:
kiffin not implementing his cover 2 scheme sounds like it has FAIL written all over it

why bring him in at all?

You know this is funny but im seriously thinking that jerry fired Ryan when he was drunk and watching some old game film and by the time he came back to his senses he realized he has to do something so hes scrambling now.

This is not madden jerry.

RGKN33

Reaction score
Risen Star;4957475 said:
Do people actually doubt Ware can play DE?

well washington sure ate him up in which he basically played re even though i give him the benifit of the doubt for being injured .
My issue with ware is his containment , he over-pursues alot which hurts us so much in the run game .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4957493 said:
They shouldn't, but I will say I wanted him to set the NFL record for sacks by a LB.

How far away is he? I'm guessing he's within 20.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;4957489 said:
What were Kiffens problems coaching in college?
Mostly Pac 12 Offenses draw recruits and Defenses don't, and specifically Oregon.

I was at his last game with USC when AZ beat them here in Tucson. They were aggressive and in the Pac 12 you have to almost play softer. I hate that.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4957481 said:

why bring him in at all?
Or maybe he adjusts the D to the players strengths. That would be shocking I know! Maybe that is why he invented the cover 2 in the first place. Hugh Hefner is older and nobody says he can't keep up with the youngsters. Just ask his wife :)

JBS

Reaction score
RGKN33;4957499 said:
well washington sure ate him up in which he basically played re even though i give him the benifit of the doubt for being injured .
My issue with ware is his containment , he over-pursues alot which hurts us so much in the run game .

not much of an issue as a weakside end..job is to get after the QB

PERIOD