Hindsight on the decisions on defense

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not everything but letting him walk was a mistake. I'm not saying he won't be better but so far I haven't been that impressed with Collins.

Collins has been better than Free. Letting him walk for that contract wasn't a mistake. We couldn't afford to keep him. IF there was no cap and if they didn't need to re-sign Zach Martin....I/m sure they would've brought him back.

zack

Reaction score
Letting Carr, Claiborne, Church and Wilcox go. I get that these guys weren't all pros but that's a lot of key players to lose at once in the secondary. Wish we could have worked out a deal to keep one of Carr/Claiborne instead of Nolan Carroll (he's truly terrible) and one of Church/Wilcox. It was evident today that it's going to take time for the rookies to get up to speed and those guys are missed out there, as much as this board liked to call them all jags. Not every player is going to be a HOFer but you don't just implode a secondary that was a part of a 13-3 season.

Just stop....Carr and Claiborne did the same things as Carroll did today. Move on...I'm glad that we don't have either on the team.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Just stop....Carr and Claiborne did the same things as Carroll did today. Move on...I'm glad that we don't have either on the team.

So you'd rather pay a guy that's worse than both of those players?

Sydla

Reaction score

Carroll is worse than those two. So stop, yourself.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Letting Carr, Claiborne, Church and Wilcox go. I get that these guys weren't all pros but that's a lot of key players to lose at once in the secondary. Wish we could have worked out a deal to keep one of Carr/Claiborne instead of Nolan Carroll (he's truly terrible) and one of Church/Wilcox. It was evident today that it's going to take time for the rookies to get up to speed and those guys are missed out there, as much as this board liked to call them all jags. Not every player is going to be a HOFer but you don't just implode a secondary that was a part of a 13-3 season.

So ALL our rookies are bust.......after ONLY two games? :banghead:

kevm3

Reaction score
Carr, Claiborne, Church, etc are better than what we have now, and that's to be expected given our current secondary is mostly rookies or extremely young players. As much as Church, Carr, Claiborne and crew got bagged on, we never had 42 points laid on us, granted some of that came from that interception at the end of the game. Trevor Siemian should not be able to lay 30+ points on us.

I keep saying the secondary wasn't the problem last year. Our secondaries are going to keep getting spanked because our D-line gets no kind of pressure. We're going to have problems with teams with a semblence of an O-line until Irving gets back.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Pretry sure I heard earlier that Carr is leading the league in interceptions

manster4ever

Reaction score
It was a bad choice IMO. You don't let your whole secondary go and replace them with all rookies. The secondary is a position that takes a while to really learn and become competent at. You let a couple of guys go, but you keep a couple of them there.

Basically....YES. It's amplified when your Dends aren't very good and with the exception of Lawrence, we don't have anyone who can rush the passer. I feel kinda sorry for Lawrence. HE's been really good for two weeks and was BONED by the refs on that FG call. That was almost as bad as the Butler call last year...WT>>>>>>F?

manster4ever

Reaction score
No just Taco

Such a wasted pick. I don't like Lewis either, but he did have a pick today at least. Overall, he looked lost. Kid's been hurt and got thrown to the wolves today. I'm afraid that Taco over Watt will end up being as bad as Jones over Collins.