Hiring from within to be OC

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I take McCarthy word that he has no issue and approved of Moore being OC. I know people say they would run this play or that but overall Dallas has had 1 of the top offense in the league, despite the fact as of late has struggled. I would be more than happy to keep Moore as OC. He is being interviewed not because other organizations view him as a loser. If Moore does leave my own view I think McCarthy would take over play calling and hire an OC to help oversee the offense.

Yeah if Moore goes it's a pretty good bet McCarthy takes over the play calling. Somebody will get the title of OC but Big Mike will want to call the plays. I can't get behind the whole "hire somebody that runs a completely different offense" thought process. Many is the QB who has been ruined trying to change up systems.. Not saying Dak would be one of them but generally the most successful QBs get to stay in the same offense for a number of years.. and experience a drop while they learn any new system. That's just reality. Hell it took 20 year veteran Brady 11-12 games last year to get acclimated with Arians' system. And Dak has less than a third of Brady's experience.. So count me as a no on the whole "new offense" thing.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
NOOO the damn imbreeding needs to stop here. Look at what going and getting DQ did for the defense? We need the same thing for the offense.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I think McCarthy would take on play calling, he would hire OC but do not think it would be play calling would be involved
Thats what I'd really like to see. He's been around for some years and called the plays on O even when he was headcoach. While he may not be as creative as KM, I am curious to see if he'd be able to adjust in game as far as what teams are doing to slow things.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I take McCarthy word that he has no issue and approved of Moore being OC. I know people say they would run this play or that but overall Dallas has had 1 of the top offense in the league, despite the fact as of late has struggled. I would be more than happy to keep Moore as OC. He is being interviewed not because other organizations view him as a loser. If Moore does leave my own view I think McCarthy would take over play calling and hire an OC to help oversee the offense.

Your first sentence I don't buy that at all. I think he had no choice, you know Jerry loves I'm at that time, he wouldn't have let him replace him. Only coach that could do that right now would be bellicheck

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would look at someone from Andy Reid’s staff, maybe Green Bay and Baltimore…plus inside our organization…but I’d make it an open competition…

The OC from KC is a product of Andy Reid I wouldn't look there

lukin2006

Reaction score
Just a thought. Jason Garrett is available? What do you think? He knows the town, media, the team, players and has a good relationship with the fans…

cowboyec

Reaction score
if its from within...nussmeier possibly.
if its w/out...no clue.
just look for the mccarthy connection.
not a fan of mcadoo.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think McCarthy would take on play calling, he would hire OC but do not think it would be play calling would be involved
One a HC gives up play calling and he see how much more influence he can have on the team, he'll never go back....he knows plenty of coaches, he'll bring in a guy that fits him and we may be better for it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We assume that we've moved on from the KM talk, to replace him are you fine with it being someone who's currently on our staff? I'm not a fan of this approach, it's time to get some new ideas/new wrinkles.

Only thing holding this up is that you've invested so much in your QB, to make him happy you may want to keep guys around him that he likes. The next person I could see taking over it we ever lose KM would be our QB coach.

Can't think of his name right now, but he and Dak have a great relationship. If we ever went that way, I sincerely hope the coach has new plays to use, and not the ones we've currently been using for several years, what's your thoughts???

I would go outside but whomever comes in has to move on from the offense being centered around Zeke. Those days are over.

Western

Reaction score
Meet the potential new OC, & current consultant for the Cowboys:

Ben McAdoo (has a long history with McCarthy)

HY2RGEQMJVDZDMDG2FJHYXNBOM.jpg

cmoney23

Reaction score
Doug Neussimier is a terrible coach and even worse OC. It scared the crap outta me when they let him call plays in the preseason. That seemed like a 'KM is leaving and we want to try you out sorta thing. He's awful.

I thought Ben Macadoo was a solid OC but terrible HC. That happens a lot. Look at our DC. Some guys are meant to be coordinators and some are better head coaches.
In 2014, McAdoo joined Tom Coughlin’s staff as the offensive coordinator for the New York Giants.[5] In his first season as offensive coordinator, the Giants offense improved from the 28th-highest-scoring offense in 2013 under Kevin Gilbride to 13th in 2014. In 2015, the offense took another leap forward, becoming the sixth-highest-scoring offense despite losing starting left tackle Will Beatty, starting wide receiver Victor Cruz, and starting tight end Larry Donnell for most of the season due to injury.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would go outside but whomever comes in has to move on from the offense being centered around Zeke. Those days are over.

SAY THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO because we have to GO THROUGH ZEKE to be successful, lol yeah right, look for a new back

lqmac1

Reaction score
Ideally we have KM design plays and MM calling them. I don’t think creativity is the issue, I think it’s the play calling.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We assume that we've moved on from the KM talk, to replace him are you fine with it being someone who's currently on our staff? I'm not a fan of this approach, it's time to get some new ideas/new wrinkles.

Only thing holding this up is that you've invested so much in your QB, to make him happy you may want to keep guys around him that he likes. The next person I could see taking over it we ever lose KM would be our QB coach.

Can't think of his name right now, but he and Dak have a great relationship. If we ever went that way, I sincerely hope the coach has new plays to use, and not the ones we've currently been using for several years, what's your thoughts???

do u mean Dan Mullen ?