His eyes say yes-yes, his lips say no-no

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Enough already.
What is this collective holding of breath for Ellis to come back?

This guy does not sound motivated nor optimistic about playing.

And do I sense from the Wade quote that even he might be getting frustrated by Ellis' coyness about his health?

Put him on the PUP and let's just get on with our team's future with the younger, more motivated and hungrier players.

Harumph!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/28/cowboys.injuries.ap/index.html

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Man the pup list can be explained 1000 times and some people still wont understand

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If you can see the big picture. Ellis coming back later instead of sooner is BETTER.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Just like that a achilles injury takes a year to heal from .... and people expect a 30+ year old man to recover in 10 months.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I have accepted the fact that Ellis is not comming ack anytime soon...I'm starting to feel the same away about Newman.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1674938 said:
tried to make me go to rehab but I said no no no

:laugh2::laugh2:

I was gonna post then I said......... no no no..... "I wont go, go, go"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zrinkill;1674923 said:
Just like that a achilles injury takes a year to heal from .... and people expect a 30+ year old man to recover in 10 months.

HGH baby! :laugh2:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1674941 said:
I have accepted the fact that Ellis is not comming ack anytime soon...I'm starting to feel the same away about Newman.

This would make more sense if newman didnt play last Sunday

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Let him sit through the bye . I'd rather let him get to 100% and let Spencer continue getting some experience . We'll have some fresh legs to rotate through the second half of the season . At the very least I wouldn't let Ellis or Newman for that matter take a snap until the New England game .

juck

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1674910 said:
Enough already.
What is this collective holding of breath for Ellis to come back?

This guy does not sound motivated nor optimistic about playing.

And do I sense from the Wade quote that even he might be getting frustrated by Ellis' coyness about his health?

Put him on the PUP and let's just get on with our team's future with the younger, more motivated and hungrier players.

Harumph!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/28/cowboys.injuries.ap/index.html

I agree hes playing around.he will come on and do well at the very end so he can go elsewhere next year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1674914 said:
Man the pup list can be explained 1000 times and some people still wont understand

I love this aspect of the board....

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Not just Ellis, but Tank... having those fresh legs for the stretch run will be really nice and can help take pressure off of Ware/Spencer/Ratliff going toward the end of the season. I'm with you buddy...later is better than sooner. Heck, I wouldn't mind if Ellis was held out 'til after the Bye.

Toss TGlenn in there as well...hopefully he can come back too. It would be nice to have that veteran experience going into what I hope can be a playoff run

sago1

Reaction score
Get real here. You guys want to hold Ellis out either until NE game or after the bye. You forget he hasn't played football in almost a year and you expect him to put on his helmet and immediately to play just like he did the day he got hurt. It doesn't happen that way. He needs get into football condition and then play so he can knock the rust off. That will take probably 2 games and let's hope he's almost all the way back and can make a difference in our pass rush.

As for Newman, the same thing applies except he was able to take about 20 snaps against the Bears. I read that his foot has almost healed but now has tendities (sp?) in the knee so they might be thinking about resting him Sunday and letting him play against the Bills to knock off some more rust, etc.

As for putting Ellis on PUP, that is not a possibility. As for his time to move on and let the younger guys step up, we've got no younger guys who can step up at OLB besides Ware & Spencer and both are starters. Ellis would come in as a situational pass rusher from variety of positions giving us hopefully 3 guys who can rush the QB. Throw in the possible addition of Tank Johnson in late Nov at either DT or even DE and we may have the makings of a SB elite defense. Cause w/o Ellis & Newman, we sure haven't shown we do.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
sago1;1675060 said:
Get real here. You guys want to hold Ellis out either until NE game or after the bye. You forget he hasn't played football in almost a year and you expect him to put on his helmet and immediately to play just like he did the day he got hurt. It doesn't happen that way. He needs get into football condition and then play so he can knock the rust off. That will take probably 2 games and let's hope he's almost all the way back and can make a difference in our pass rush.

As for Newman, the same thing applies except he was able to take about 20 snaps against the Bears. I read that his foot has almost healed but now has tendities (sp?) in the knee so they might be thinking about resting him Sunday and letting him play against the Bills to knock off some more rust, etc.

As for putting Ellis on PUP, that is not a possibility. As for his time to move on and let the younger guys step up, we've got no younger guys who can step up at OLB besides Ware & Spencer and both are starters. Ellis would come in as a situational pass rusher from variety of positions giving us hopefully 3 guys who can rush the QB. Throw in the possible addition of Tank Johnson in late Nov at either DT or even DE and we may have the makings of a SB elite defense. Cause w/o Ellis & Newman, we sure haven't shown we do.

Agreed!!!

cowboyed

Reaction score
YoMick;1674921 said:
If you can see the big picture. Ellis coming back later instead of sooner is BETTER.

Ellis appeared so much more optimistic about his recovery when he was posturing for a contract.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
cowboyed;1675292 said:
Ellis appeared so much more optimistic about his recovery when he was posturing for a contract.

The only contract he's gonna get is the one for satellite TV so he can see the rest of the season from his living room like the rest of us. :)

And sago is correct.
I cannot believe the myopic Cowboy fans who think Ellie can magically just go out on the field and play they way he was playing last year.
Doesn't work that way.

As for those who say it's impractical for Ellie to get back on the field this quick: You are correct.
I had the same injury. And just putting any type of pressure on the foot has tremendous psychological barriers.
I am not one of those who think he should be on the field playing now or even in December
I think he should be rehabbing still or go fish and get on the PUP. Losing him for the season for however long the NFL says he must sit out might be his best route.

Whatever he can contribute to this team will not come this year.

Maybe next year. But not with the money he wants. Not at his age.
Too many young and hungry players who want the chance and can move. Unlike Ellie.

Give it up the myopic legions. he won't play this year. And if he does he'll play like an old woman. Not because he doesn't have heart, but because of the injury itself and the rust.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin​