His eyes say yes-yes, his lips say no-no

Panhandler

Reaction score
Look, the guy didn't get what he wanted, so he decided to handle it this way. He doesn't want to play for this team. Simple as that. I say get rid of him.

garyo1954

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1675489 said:
The only contract he's gonna get is the one for satellite TV so he can see the rest of the season from his living room like the rest of us. :)

And sago is correct.
I cannot believe the myopic Cowboy fans who think Ellie can magically just go out on the field and play they way he was playing last year.
Doesn't work that way.

As for those who say it's impractical for Ellie to get back on the field this quick: You are correct.
I had the same injury. And just putting any type of pressure on the foot has tremendous psychological barriers.
I am not one of those who think he should be on the field playing now or even in December
I think he should be rehabbing still or go fish and get on the PUP. Losing him for the season for however long the NFL says he must sit out might be his best route.

Whatever he can contribute to this team will not come this year.

Maybe next year. But not with the money he wants. Not at his age.
Too many young and hungry players who want the chance and can move. Unlike Ellie.

Give it up the myopic legions. he won't play this year. And if he does he'll play like an old woman. Not because he doesn't have heart, but because of the injury itself and the rust.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin​

Absolutely agree.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Panhandler;1675506 said:
Look, the guy didn't get what he wanted, so he decided to handle it this way. He doesn't want to play for this team. Simple as that. I say get rid of him.

"To be (healthy) or not to be (healthy) that is the question"...William Shakespeare

"Up yours".....Greg Ellis

sk0aL

Reaction score
I'm sure Ellis and the coaching staff aren't rushing things. With St. Louis and Buffalo for the next 2 games there's no reason for him to rush back onto the field and risk reaggravating the injury.

I can't imagine what this defense is gonna look like by week 10. A completely healthy Ellis and Newman along with Tank Johnson plugging the middle. It's almost scary to think about.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
sk0aL;1675707 said:
I'm sure Ellis and the coaching staff aren't rushing things. With St. Louis and Buffalo for the next 2 games there's no reason for him to rush back onto the field and risk reaggravating the injury.

I can't imagine what this defense is gonna look like by week 10. A completely healthy Ellis and Newman along with Tank Johnson plugging the middle. It's almost scary to think about.

I think what is scary is this yearning for Ellie
Old
Whiner
Injured
Tentative
Rusty
Demanding respect and more money, which he won't get.
But he can get on the field and play and help us, right?

Scary, indeed.