Historical inaccuracies in films

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Have you ever watched a historical movie and cringed at some detail they got wrong. I sure have. I figured we could have a thread about that. The movie I'd like to start with is Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It is not historically accurate. Lincoln never actually hunted vampires. I was outraged when I learned that.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
There is a YouTube channel called “history buffs”

They review films and discuss their historical accuracies and inaccuracies.

I find their YouTube videos to be quite entertaining.

check them out.

https://youtube.com/c/HistoryBuffsLondon

Their video on Saving Private Ryan is my favorite.

Thank you, will check that out later when i get more time :clap:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The Wizard of Oz is inaccurate because Dorothy didn't kill the Wicked Witch, I've seen many of them.

I've always suspected that Good Witch of the North wasn't as good as she let on. I think she had a little girl-on-girl action with the Wicked Witch and then killed her after a lover's quarrel. What do you think?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've always suspected that Good Witch of the North wasn't as good as she let on. I think she had a little girl-on-girl action with the Wicked Witch and then killed her after a lover's quarrel. What do you think?
It was the affair with her broom that caused the rift. The Wicked Witch of the West kept slipping off, and couldn't look the other way anymore.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

Londonboy

Reaction score
Why can't writers take liberties with the facts in film when they've done that with the real history books? They've edited history to serve their own agenda and tried to bury some things we'd not be too proud of as Americans had we known the truth.
History is written by the victors.
Film scripts are written to maximise profits by pandering to the largest market.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Oh please, what about Star Wars? They say it was long ago, but it's obviously a futuristic event.
totally disagree.
it is the basis for ancient aliens theory.
the inaccuracy is no mention about how they sought a new life on a new planet....earth.