Historical inaccuracies in films

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Being a history major I don’t even know where to start. I guess Young Guns 1 & 2 since I was somewhat of a Billy the Kid fanatic when I was younger. It’s been a long while since I’ve read the books and what not so I can’t vouch for all of these but a good percentage of them I know are true (as in they were inaccurate in the movies).

http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/young_guns.htm

Cool website, very interesting reading. I myself as well wanted to be Billy the Kid when i was a youngster. I had a pair of the these Billy the Kid jeans that were pretty awesome.

aria

Reaction score
Cool website, very interesting reading. I myself as well wanted to be Billy the Kid when i was a youngster. I had a pair of the these Billy the Kid jeans that were pretty awesome.
I was interested in the Billy the Kid and the Lincoln County War when I was pretty young. A few years layer I ended spending about 4 years in NM, kind of in the heart of where it all happened, so it was really cool and convenient to visit all the sites.

Interesting tidbit, if you live in the DFW area 380 is a major highway (it is for more than just DFW regardless) that is a few miles from where I live. If I jump on that and go west, I can be in Lincoln in about 8 hours. It cuts right through the center of town and is now what the main street is portrayed as in the movie.

Lincoln is a pretty dead town, never seen many tourists there and if you’re not a Lincoln County War/BTK fan you probably wouldn’t be impressed. There’s not much left but the original court house is really cool and there’s a bullet hole in the wall on the staircase from when he shot deputy Bell. The Murphy/Dolan store is still there with some of the original items for sale still on the shelves as well.