Hit the breaks on thinking Cincy will roll over - our soft

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
Corners may be just what Palmer - Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadah ordered.
Palmer , if given time can hurt ANY defense and they have weapons -they also added Cedric Benson this week , I would guess for short yardage.
I know we can move the ball on them and I think we will win, but lets not act as if they didn't just give the Giants all they could handle.
And we know , we don't have the defense or head coach that New York does: that may hurt, but swallow it , because it is true.

We need to come out early and stick a 14-0 Spot up on this team and go from there, the longer you let them hang in , the tougher the game gets, and the more pouty the fair weathered Dallas crowd will get.

Also - Peter King said today on XM Radio : MadDog Unleashed, that Jason Garrett was awful, in every way possible - mainly not giving Felix one touch of the football.

This whole team needs to get their heads on straight.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
I expect a blowout. If the boys win by a touchdown or so I will still be concerned. The bengals just plain suck. There is no way in hell the boys should lose this one. If they do I'm going to stick my head in the sand.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. I don't trust this defense to hold the Bengals.

Palmer is a good QB.. Housh and Johnson are good WRs. They haven't played well this year, but I don't trust our defense to hold them.

Good news is... there is no way in hell their defense stops our offense.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hopefully DBs and Campo have a sit-down with Stewart and work things out before the next game.

Campo may not be a 3-4 guy, but I really wouldn't have a qualm with him taking over DC responsibilities and demoting Stewart if he doesn't get the players playing up to their potential.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2300698 said:
Corners may be just what Palmer - Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadah ordered.
Palmer , if given time can hurt ANY defense and they have weapons -they also added Cedric Benson this week , I would guess for short yardage.
I know we can move the ball on them and I think we will win, but lets not act as if they didn't just give the Giants all they could handle.
And we know , we don't have the defense or head coach that New York does: that may hurt, but swallow it , because it is true.

We need to come out early and stick a 14-0 Spot up on this team and go from there, the longer you let them hang in , the tougher the game gets, and the more pouty the fair weathered Dallas crowd will get.

Also - Peter King said today on XM Radio : MadDog Unleashed, that Jason Garrett was awful, in every way possible - mainly not giving Felix one touch of the football.

This whole team needs to get their heads on straight.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I could have made book on this thread despite his "you guys want me to leave I will."

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
one guy said stay, that's all it took.

put me on the ban vintage bandwagon

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
can't ban Vintage

I need someone to help me pimp Jeremy Maclin and Michael Boley to Dallas...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If we lose, Wade has to go.

Expectations are too high to lose to a winless team at home.

I truly believe that if we lose to the winless Bengals, Wade will be fired.

My .02

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I truly believe in my heart... that if we allow a single first down to Cincy... Jerry will lower himself from a blimp and fire Wade on the spot

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jiminy Cricket. That's because I can't cuss on here.

I believe I give as much respect and credit to other teams as anyone on this board. And while I don't normally toot my own horn I'm often right about difficult games. Like the last one.

But I don't publically flog that beast every post I make.

Yes, we know 'any given day' and all the other appropriate things to say. You don't need to remind us every five minutes. And you certainly don't need to preach doom and gloom and shout 'off with their heads' several times in each post.

I've never put anyone on ignore. Yet. Maybe I won't have to. Although I highly suspect you will not do something to get banned. You couldn't annoy everyone then.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
xWraithx;2300796 said:
I truly believe in my heart... that if we allow a single first down to Cincy... Jerry will lower himself from a blimp and fire Wade on the spot

Hahahaha! You guys ever see a 3 and 1 team think like this? You know how many teams would love to be 3-1? Nonetheless, I'd love to see Jerry come down from a blimp so whether we win or lose the game I think we all will have something to cheer about as long as Jerry has his ole blimp ready. I love that blimp idea more than a perfect season. I can see it now, Jerry comes down and all the cheerleaders come out of the blimp before him swinging poms poms while he walks out and rolls up his sleeves then pulls the pink slip out his the pocket on his left chest. Then tries to coach the defense himself. Only in Cowboyland, we are definitely the luckiest fans in all of sports. I just love it! :star:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300810 said:
Hahahaha! You guys ever see a 3 and 1 team think like this? You know how many teams would love to be 3-1? Nonetheless, I'd love to see Jerry come down from a blimp so whether we win or lose the game I think we all will have something to cheer about as long as Jerry has his ole blimp ready. I love that blimp idea more than a perfect season. I can see it now, Jerry comes down and all the cheerleaders come out of the blimp before him swinging poms poms while he walks out and rolls up his sleeves then pulls the pink slip out his the pocket on his left chest. Then tries to coach the defense himself. Only in Cowboyland, we are definitely the luckiest fans in all of sports. I just love it! :star:

I think he was being sarcastic. But I love the whole blimp idea.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jobberone;2300813 said:
I think he was being sarcastic. But I love the whole blimp idea.

Lol, of course he was being sarcastic but heck if Jerry comes out of a blimp after a loss and presents to us that we just got Roy Williams from Detroit to wouldn't that dry all those teary eyes and mend all those broken hearts? Of course this is all sarcasm but it's good to hear a blogger with some serious charisma. xWRAITHx is a good man in my books. Lets get Jerry this new idea, please guys. Heck everyone else is pressing their coaches, lets do it with style.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300810 said:

Wade? Is that you drinking the kool-aid again?;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300810 said:

We have not won a dam playoff game in over a decade and with Wade/Stewart running this D, that playoff win is not looking so good right now.

How exactly are we lucky again?

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2300818 said:
We have not won a dam playoff game in over a decade and with Wade/Stewart running this D, that playoff win is not looking so good right now.

Because, we have Wade Phillips! *clap clap clapclapclap*
We have Wade Phillips! *clap clap clapclapclap*

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2300817 said:
Wade? Is that you drinking the kool-aid again?;)

Hahahaha! Yes, Jerry.:lmao: We're 3-1 guys. Believe me, we are better than the Skins and still the dominant force at least talent wise. We just need to find that hunger to abuse other teams. We never had it once in all our games. We need to start abusing people like the Pats would last season. Just step all over their throats.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2300818 said:

I know guys, I'm starving as well to get back to the good ole days. It's been way too long and we've endured alot of hardships for over a decade now. But we must realize that canning Wade means our season will be a disaster. Now canning Stewart would be a great way to get this team fired up. I say we bounce that drip around real quick, that'll light everyone's *** on fire and we won't lose anything collectively. That drip adds no value to this team at all. But we do have to realize that we will lose some games this year. This probably won't be our last. The important thing is how we look after we take our lumps, how we respond. Lets give our team a chance. If they come out looking lethargic then we need to worry cause then this team has nothing ticking in their hearts and that's the coaching staff's fault. Jerry is why we are lucky right now, he is starving just like us, believe me. He's got to fill that $1.3 billion stadium he tapped danced for years to get. He don't want to screw this up. He knows the fans are pissed. Parcells screwed us taking his time, we had leftovers and Garrett wasn't ready to be a head coach yet. Stewart has to go period. But Wade being gone would be devistating.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
hate to break it to you guys, but jerry is way too smart to even consider firing Wade mid-season.