Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We don't agree on everything, but we're on the same page about the defense. I'm so sick of watching us trot out Demarcus Lawrence, a bag of spares, and sometimes Sean Lee if your lucky. Get some damn players who can play, lock up the impact ones, and stop spending premium picks on long shots and trying to cover up holes with other people's trouble children. ******.

I would say that we pretty much agree on 80% of everything accept Garrett.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
He's not a JAG+, or 'superJAG' or whatever those terms are supposed to me. 'Just A Guy' refers to guys you can get off the street, as the name implies. JAGs don't get $27MM deals, and then hit FA again at 28.

Hitchens is an above-average starting quality ILB who can play any position in a pinch. He's a valuable commodity. Market on him would have been a minimum $6-7MM minimum, based on his production already. He got a premium to that because of inflation the Chiefs obviously think his arrow is still pointing up.

It's time to put the stupid mischaracterization of the guy to rest. He's not a backup role player. He's legit.
I hear ya Idgit. Hitch was a good player.
Too much hate for a guy because he wasn't a Pro Bowler. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised going back and rewatching Jaylon on tape. He was a different player by midseason. He kicked butt against the Chargers.
I hope he's able to play 60 plays a game in 2018 instead of having to have his snaps limited. I wonder how much of that is related to his injury, or stamina?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya Idgit. Hitch was a good player.
Too much hate for a guy because he wasn't a Pro Bowler. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised going back and rewatching Jaylon on tape. He was a different player by midseason. He kicked butt against the Chargers.
I hope he's able to play 60 plays a game in 2018 instead of having to have his snaps limited. I wonder how much of that is related to his injury, or stamina?

Jaylon definitely played better later in the year. I had attributed that to him not being in the situations that were getting him killed early in the year or to having a vet like Lee and/or Hitch in the lineup pre-snap to help him out.

I have to admit, I didn't go back and confirm that, though.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
faster than a pulling guard
unable to leap tall blockers
it a first down....... its a second down ........it's Super JAG

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's too reactionary.

It will sort itself out.
:lmao: we were needing to draft a minimum of two L.B.'s( with competent playing capabilities) within the first 5 rounds of this years draft before #59 headed off over the rainbow,it's only a real shocker to the
'Speedy receiver' fraction,which probably means we'll be taking/ keeping three L.B.'s in this draft.
( if the staff can recall past histories of this positions deficiencies,Man! you've got to game scam like #50 is sidelined starting game #1)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think that's Justin Houston. Damned solid LB'er when he's on the field. Sort of like Lee that way, MIA at times
I think he was inferring the MB to meaning 'message board',they(k.c.) must've saw something they liked in HITCHENS game play to lay out a sweet deal like that to him,though I'm thinking he missed several games last year due to injury.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I think he was inferring the MB to meaning 'message board',they(k.c.) must've saw something they liked in HITCHENS game play to lay out a sweet deal like that to him,though I'm thinking he missed several games last year due to injury.

Don't get me wrong, Hitch is a good player. Average good, not great good. $9 mill is a lot of toads for average good. Good for Hitch. For us? It just means we draft 2 LB'ers instead of 1.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
SPOT ON!!

Ya these fans of ours will use every excuse in the book to avoid the reality of our situation!
And there very quick to crown some of our rooks and newbies "Stud" players only to be back tracking a couple of years later saying its Jasons or Jerrys fault that they didn't pan out....

Prescott is Brady and Collins DT is Randy White and Byron is going to be a stud so is Taco and Jaylon just wait will be a SUPER STUD (Ray Lewis watch out) even though he stunk it up all season.....Hitch was a meat and potatoes LB and now we have who there...he will be missed.

Delusional to the core we are .....and ya were headed to the Superbowl....lol......

P.S. in the end they will question your fan loyalty as you choose to deal in the world of reality instead of Fantasy land when it pertains to our Boys...

Exactly. At some point you have to spend money on the right guys. Our fans will praise a player one day but when it comes to give him a contract, now he's "overpaid" and overrated. Never fails in this endless cycle. No one is saying Hitchens is some all pro but you don't need an all pro at every position. We are trying to build a defense but keep cycling in new players instead of building a solid nucleus. Now the 2 LBs we are counting on is a gimp in Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee who can't be depended on.

And if you want to go find a mike LB in free agency, it's table scraps. And even at that, you are going to be paying about $6mill a year for a lesser talented player, meaning our defense is now weakened. All to save a few mill. We have a thrift store mentality and expect the results and quality of a high end department store. Never fails with this front office.