Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guessing you didn't see their work last year? Whether you like the QB or not, he ran for his life for the better part of last year.

I would say that's a slight exaggeration. Only accurate when that stiff Chaz Green filled in.

cern

Reaction score
he's worth every penny. too bad we don't have the cap space necessary to sign our guys.

fansince80_dc

Reaction score
Pretty much every contract I have seen, seems crazy high. The salaries are getting really insane. The way things are going, I am glad we are sitting tight

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

9 mil tho?

Looks like the Hitchens to Indy was just lazy media reports because Eberflus went there.

It would be interesting to data-mine how often the media automatically reports a free agent will go to the team where one of his coaches took a job.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Looks like the Hitchens to Indy was just lazy media reports because Eberflus went there.

It would be interesting to data-mine how often the media automatically reports a free agent will go to the team where one of his coaches took a job.
That's the one thing the media isn't going to know. Some other team throwing way more money at him. The Colts made sense, but a 4-3 LB better be great to get that level of pay.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I keep hearing we can't afford this guy, we can't afford that guy. Let's draft 2 more, and then what? Those two could be busts, so where does that leave us? All of our money is spent on Dez stone Hands Bryant, Jason stone Legs Witten, and our wonderful offensive line who couldn't protect a mouse from a block of cheese. Good work Cowboys.

The offensive line is fine...Tyron being injured and the Chaz green debacle hurt..but when Dak had time he couldn't hit his targets, accuracy issues were a much much bigger problem.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Remember Risen saying he's been a JAG for 4 years?

Whoops...
He still is ...I called him a Super JAG......never played more than 54% of the downs any year...... bad in coverage...... averaged 4 tackles a game

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Another GOOD player GONE due to lack of Cap...keep restructuring them Contracts Jerry .....

I think you mean another avg player gone due to some other team throwing stupid money at him that we had no intention of matching.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Love Hitch but this is the type of player who has to be drafted and not overpaid for. Good player, not great.

Good lord stop. Our fanbase is so delusional. Everyone is 'overpaid' according to so many here. His total contract will be $27mill. Meaning his guaranteed money is going to be less. He was a 4th rd pick and he improved every single season. He was 2nd in tackles and was a good player for our Mike LB. Stephen Jones said he was our 2nd priority this offseason and we lost him. Because we are cheap. We preach keeping and paying our own but so many times we don't.

Good job, now we created another hole we didn't need to and that became a priority that wasn't before. You have to re-assess the whole draft strategy. The cap increased this season and will for the future. Hitchens' salary is no big deal.

But hey, its why we are where we are for the last 2 decades. No direction whatsoever. No vision. This front office is pathetic.

king987

Reaction score
Yeeeaaah, best of luck to Hitch, enjoy that money.

That's a lot of cash for a player who's been good, but yet to prove he can be a consistent, 3 down player. Get a veteran in here at half (or even more) the price of Hitch, then draft a LB in the first two days. I'll take that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good lord stop. Our fanbase is so delusional. Everyone is 'overpaid' according to so many here. His total contract will be $27mill. Meaning his guaranteed money is going to be less. He was a 4th rd pick and he improved every single season. He was 2nd in tackles and was a good player for our Mike LB. Stephen Jones said he was our 2nd priority this offseason and we lost him. Because we are cheap. We preach keeping and paying our own but so many times we don't.

Good job, now we created another hole we didn't need to and that became a priority that wasn't before. You have to re-assess the whole draft strategy. The cap increased this season and will for the future. Hitchens' salary is no big deal.

But hey, its why we are where we are for the last 2 decades. No direction whatsoever. No vision. This front office is pathetic.

SPOT ON!!

Ya these fans of ours will use every excuse in the book to avoid the reality of our situation!
And there very quick to crown some of our rooks and newbies "Stud" players only to be back tracking a couple of years later saying its Jasons or Jerrys fault that they didn't pan out....

Prescott is Brady and Collins DT is Randy White and Byron is going to be a stud so is Taco and Jaylon just wait will be a SUPER STUD (Ray Lewis watch out) even though he stunk it up all season.....Hitch was a meat and potatoes LB and now we have who there...he will be missed.

Delusional to the core we are .....and ya were headed to the Superbowl....lol......

P.S. in the end they will question your fan loyalty as you choose to deal in the world of reality instead of Fantasy land when it pertains to our Boys...

Cumart21

Reaction score

Our fan base is delusional because they don't want to overpay for a guy? If you draft well and manage your roster and salary cap properly, then you don't have to overpay to keep guys like Hitchens on the roster.