HOF - Cliff Harris in; Drew Pearson not

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Captain Crash (Cliff Harris) finally crashed his way in the Hall of Fame.

Drew Pearson, The no. 88 is just to FAMOUS for the Hall of Fame voters.

They (Hall of Fame Voters) again show no credibility having Jerry Jones in the Hall of Fame and no Drew Pearson. Clint Murchinson did more for the NFL hiring Tex Schramm, Gil Brandt, and Tom Landy (three Hall of Fame members), building Texas Stadium, making the bigger % gain in the value of his team, and winning longer than any NFL Owner for 21 consecutive years. That shows you the Hall of Fame is fraud on many levels (see Charles Haley, Bob Hayes, and Terrell Owens).

But congrats to Captain Crash and Coach Jimmy Johnson.

Number1

Reaction score
BTW, it always seemed to me Cliff just didn't understand the concept of a "fair catch"

he dropped deep and caught punts in full stride and didn't care what was in front of him

STs are an after thought in the modern NFL

Reaction score
I guess what throws people off is that they think that the HOF is a strict meritocracy and it is not,,,, it casts itself as such but in reality it's a game that mediots fight over, (and trade over), in order to enshrine their own pet cats or an attempt to make sure every team is "adequately represented". While most of the HOFers deserve the honor there are plenty enshrined that don't and plenty more that are left out in the cold... the whole process is tainted.

Last edited:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
From someone who watched the entire 70s I can say, Pearson was not seen as prolific, he was seen as someone who made 3 or 4 really high profile td catches but otherwise never had big numbers. Swann was the same yet was so overused in NFL Films highlights because of the circus catch in SB X that it made him more "famous", Stallworth in SB13 too Now Harold Charmichael was talked about so much because of his reception streak which went on for years. Any time the Eagles were televised you had to hear that over and over. It did not help Drew that Tony Hill came on and quickly put up bigger numbers than Pearson kind of making some people say :"see he was just known for a few famous catches" Not saying I agree with any of this but I am spitball guessing about some of the possible factors that shape some peoples opinions, right or wrong.

Pearson also did not have special games in Super Bowls 10,12 or 13 nor the NFC conference championship games for that matter. His big catches were regular season or first round playoff games. Again, I am trying to get in the heads of the people who chose no for him, not saying I agree.