HOF Game is Cowboys vs Steelers!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if the new CBA gets passed then we will wind up playing 4 PS games again anyway...?
That means the Cowboys get to start training camp earlier and have 5 preseason games instead of just 4.
giphy.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least TC will start around a week earlier than usual. Cuts a little time off the long off-season wait.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Can't wait for the epic QB duel between Clayton Thorson and Paxton Lynch.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So if the new CBA gets passed then we will wind up playing 4 PS games again anyway...?

First off if the new CBA gets ratified goodell said the expansion to 17 games and the elimination of a preseason wouldn't happen until the 2021 season at the earliest so right now this season regardless of if the new CBA is ratified every team as 4 preseason games and the 2 teams in the HOF game have an extra game or 5 preseason games.

Second the both sides now have extended the deadline twice and many sports people think it's because the majority of votes that have come in so far are rejecting the new CBA and the hopes are that by extending the deadline enough yes votes will come in.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher share a moment during the Hall of Fame game...

Cowher: Isn't this great Jimmy? Steelers. Cowboys. You and me going into the Hall at the same time. Great timing!
Johnson: It's fantastic Bill! Wow!
Cowher: haha! Wouldn't have been great if we had faced off in Super Bowl XXX?
Johnson: haha! No it wouldn't have Bill!
Cowher: haha! Why you say that Jimmy?
Johnson: My team would have beaten yours worst than Barry's did Bill! hahahaha!
Cowher:
cowher.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This means the Cowboys will be reporting to training camp earlier than usual.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like the match up but I prefer it in the regular season. In the preseason its not really a contest of our best vs their best.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Translation: I want to steal the thunder by reminding Jimmy Johnson that I loom large over any success he had.
Yes, our Dallas Cowboys will play in the Hall of Fame Game. Thank you for accepting my demand. You know I OWN and MY TEAM own this league.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Perhaps some of you will get to see your wish come true early, Keenum/Dalton throwing to Dez and Twill. Once we get rid of those two divas, Amari and Dak.

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry says playing in the game is all about Jimmy, when it is clearly all about Jerry.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Translation: I want to steal the thunder by reminding Jimmy Johnson that I loom large over any success he had.
Yes, our Dallas Cowboys will play in the Hall of Fame Game. Thank you for accepting my demand. You know I OWN and MY TEAM own this league.
I kind of interpreted it that way as well, but Jerry did the same thing when he got enshrined and I'm sure there would have been more discussions last year about it had Gil been a more "household" name.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

And you own little sense.