Holland mentioned on Talking Cowboys Today

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted anywhere but they said on Talking Cowboys today that Holland has been ruled out for this weekend as well. Proctor will be starting again.

Poor Tony.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2504147 said:
I didn't see this posted anywhere but they said on Talking Cowboys today that Holland has been ruled out for this weekend as well. Proctor will be starting again.

Poor Tony.

Proctor will be fine!

dfense

Reaction score
I don't know where all that talk about Proctor grading out best on the line last game. I watched the NFL replay and Proctor continuously let his guy beat him after the initial contact. If he didn't get both hands squre on the defenders chest, his guy got by him.

When Romo took that knee, it was Proctors guy. The worst thing I noticed, was how if Proctor had to make a decision on who to pick up, he was so indicisive that both guys beat him.

Nogata must be wearing a bib this weak watching tape.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dfense;2504169 said:
I don't know where all that talk about Proctor grading out best on the line last game. I watched the NFL replay and Proctor continuously let his guy beat him after the initial contact. If he didn't get both hands squre on the defenders chest, his guy got by him.

When Romo took that knee, it was Proctors guy. The worst thing I noticed, was how if Proctor had to make a decision on who to pick up, he was so indicisive that both guys beat him.

I watched it to and it was not just proctors guy who got in on Romo when he got hurt there were 2 other defensive players on top of Romo. I also saw Proctor make some good plays late in the game helping to spring Choice on a screen pass and a very good pickup on a pass rush when Witten made the 1st down catch at a critical moment. I would rather have Holland starting but Proctor was not the sole problem along the O-line

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2504165 said:
Proctor will be fine!

I wish I could be even remotely confident on this but I can't. I've seen the dude play and it's pathetic.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dfense;2504169 said:

To be fair, Procter didn't play that badly in the Pitt game. When Holland went down in the Pitt game very early in the 2nd qtr(contrary to what alot of Zoners said) with the game tied 0-0. No, not saying Procter is any kind of an upgrade over Holland, but just wanted to clarify that he held his own as we scored 13 pts since.

Prior to our last 2 drives late in the 4th, we only gave up 1 sack, and Procter held his own. Why he stunk it up those 2 last drives is beyond me. Heck-the entire offense looked confused late in the 4th for some reason.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2504205 said:
Surely your being saracstic. If Gurode doesnt help him, Ngata is going to eat that fat boy for breakfast.
but that's the problem with Proctor, he's not fat enough!

jchap

Reaction score
Romo will have nightmares leading up to kick off

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
As an onld O-line coach, Proctor is better in space (pulling, trapping, screens) and would probably be OK in a zone blocking running scheme. From watching the game a couple of times, the offensive coaches realized that, thus the draw traps and screens. Expect more of it.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
robjgrif;2504226 said:
God help Proctor.

With what? His lookout blocks?

He's not engaged long enough with his man to get hurt.

God help Tony Romo.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2504251 said:
As an onld O-line coach, Proctor is better in space (pulling, trapping, screens) and would probably be OK in a zone blocking running scheme. From watching the game a couple of times, the offensive coaches realized that, thus the draw traps and screens. Expect more of it.

There is some truth to this. He may be better in space but he's best working in the space by the bench.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2504251 said:

I agree with you however given the poor play of many along the O-line during that game it seems Proctor is getting scape goated. On many of the sacks it was not Tuck getting after Romo he had 1/2 sack, Kiwanuka also was getting in there after Romo and had 1.5 sacks and Alford had the other. I felt 2nd half the line started doing a better job of giving Romo was time and opening some running lanes.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Rampage;2504183 said:
that sucks. Nata is coming for Proctor now.

That guy is a beast. I was hoping we'd get a chance of picking him. :(