Holy Colombo Batman!!!

canters

Reaction score
I think Colombo was better than Rob on the whole....he was not all-pro I'll admit that.

Colombo was not our biggest problem yesterday.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I'm going back out the limb I was shouting for before the draft...we NEED to move Flo to RT where he belongs! He is an average LT...can not handle speed rushers, but could be a beast of a RT.

If Pat McQ is that good then let him play and have Fabini back him up...at this point we have two revolving doors, at least moving Flo the right would put him where he would be best and we can lock down one side...instead we have two issues.

I may be on that limb alone, but that's what I'd do :bow:

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I'm going back out the limb I was shouting for before the draft...we NEED to move Flo to RT where he belongs! He is an average LT...can not handle speed rushers, but could be a beast of a RT.

If Pat McQ is that good then let him play and have Fabini back him up...at this point we have two revolving doors, at least moving Flo the right would put him where he would be best and we can lock down one side...instead we have two issues.

I may be on that limb alone, but that's what I'd do :bow:
.....Ive been saying that for 3 years. Flo is a natural RIGHT tackle....

JonCJG

Reaction score
He made the Pro Bowl at LT before.

He's just rusty after being away from the Game so long.

By week 4 he is 100 percent and will be fine.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
canters said:
I think Colombo was better than Rob on the whole....he was not all-pro I'll admit that.

Colombo was not our biggest problem yesterday.
Did you watch the game.? "Not an all pro"...Now theres the UNDER STATEMENT of the century. He was flat out HORRID. Bledsoe could never step up because Colombo's man was always right there.

JonCJG

Reaction score
He might get better as the season goes on.

He hasn't played a regular season game in years. Let's give him till after the bye to write him off.

Stautner

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Did you watch the game.? "Not an all pro"...Now theres the UNDER STATEMENT of the century. He was flat out HORRID. Bledsoe could never step up because Colombo's man was always right there.

A point that no one is making is that while Colombo didn't play as well as hoped, at least we didn't have to constantly have a FB or TE or RB helping double team his man the way we did with Petitti last year. That alone gives us more opportunities.

Despite any problems Colombo had, it's plain false to suggest Bledsoe didn't have time to throw all day. For the most part the pass blocking was at least reasonable, at least until Flozell started working on his statue immitation.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
KD said:
He made the Pro Bowl at LT before.

He's just rusty after being away from the Game so long.

By week 4 he is 100 percent and will be fine.

He earned ONE pro-bowl and then was a last minute throw in another year...I'm sorry, but the "he's a pro-bowl LT" does not fly with me. He had one good year, and ALL the rest average. He WOULD be a pro-bowl RT every year.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Me thinks somewhere, somehow, Pittdawg is having a good old belly laugh at our expence. :bang2:

About what? Dallas giving up 2 sacks instead of 5-7 like the end of last year?

I think I see what the Colombo bashing is about. Agendas are annoying.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
He earned ONE pro-bowl and then was a last minute throw in another year...I'm sorry, but the "he's a pro-bowl LT" does not fly with me. He had one good year, and ALL the rest average. He WOULD be a pro-bowl RT every year.

To say he is a RT and not a good LT is a joke.

He played GREAT for us last year before he got hurt. He is not 100 percent and he's RUSTY. He is not a PRO BOWL LT but he's pretty damn close when healthy.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:

Ahh good ole 'agenda' whining. Havent seen much of that lately.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
junk said:

.....Nope, no agenda here. In fact Ive never even posted to Pittdawg. Dont believe me? Fine. Go watch the game again yourself so you can see it with your own eyes. Go read Grizz writeup, he pretty much saw the same thing. Only agenda I have is the Cowboys winning the Superbowl.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Still not buying it...I admit he didn't play great, but watching in slow mo can be deceiving.

Like, how long was Drew holding the ball before Colombo supposedly got pushed back -- If you can hold for a 3-4 count, that's good blocking. Slow mo makes it seem different.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
ejthedj said:
Still not buying it...I admit he didn't play great, but watching in slow mo can be deceiving.

Like, how long was Drew holding the ball before Colombo supposedly got pushed back -- If you can hold for a 3-4 count, that's good blocking. Slow mo makes it seem different.
.......THAT doesnt make any sence. Slow motion makes a play SEEM to take MORE time than it really does, NOT LESS. Therefor it shows Colombo was beaten almost instantaniously.

Angus

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Nope, your not alone at all. It seems Grizz saw it too. Boy, in slow motion it really sticks out. THAT was one of the worst performances by an o lineman Ive seen in awhile. Just looks like he has nothing in his legs at all, pushed back almost at will.

Want Petitti back?

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Angus said:
Want Petitti back?
....NOPE. What I really want is for the organization to finally end this suffering and trade for a decent right tackle. It wll only help matters in the long run. Tired of trying to do things on the cheap. Think we should start Fabini until a servicable Tackle can be brought in.....

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I think Columbo looked pretty good, not a great game but not a bad one either. Glad to have him.