Home Gym Equipment

Section446

Reaction score
I've had a Peloton treadmill for almost a year, can't recommend it enough.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have concentrated on using my left hand 50% of the time with the cocktail shaker so I don't overbuild my right side.

I hand slice my jalapenos for nachos as well as the lettuce and tomatoes for tacos and hand grate the cheese instead of using the food processor.

I have successfully fought the urge to use the Instant Pot and use the full time to cook stuff.

I make an extra trip when grilling and smoking instead of carrying everything out at once.

I get up several times when watching Amazon, Netflix and Blu Rays when I really don't need to pee, exercise without reason is doubly good for you.

When eating popcorn, I no longer load a handful in but just one or two pieces which increases chewing, burning thousands of more calorie units.

I slice the pizza into 8 slices instead of the customary 6, reducing the calorie level of the entire pizza.

I am working diligently on my book, Kama Sutra for One: The Best Calorie Burning Positions. I got stuck on The Lonesome Dove position for a week and discovered the magic of living to work.

Sacrifices must be made by all of us at this time and I am proud to do my part but I do look forward to the return to normalcy and not doing so much.

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
My opinion, people didn't start going to gyms to actually work out till maybe the 90s? Gyms used to be a stale room where you didn't really talk much. You might encourage your lifting partner but your focus was on getting stronger or, in certain sports, getting bigger. That changed somewhere along the way and now you have juice bars and co-ed fitness classes etc. It's a social thing now. It's a local watering hole but instead of a cold beer, it's a juice bar or some such.

They will come back as soon as people can take masks off IMO.
Arnold started the current fitness craze, 80’s though. Pumping Iron is a Great Documentary for those that have not seen it. Arnold is Still the Best ever imo...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Arnold started the current fitness craze, 80’s though. Pumping Iron is a Great Documentary for those that have not seen it. Arnold is Still the Best ever imo...

No, I was around in the 80s when people were pumping iron. But that was different, that was actually getting into the gym and lifting. As I said previously, in those days you went to the gym to try and effect change, either strength or endurance or you just wanted to get bigger or whatever but it wasn't targeted specifically to meet people.

That's what the Fitness Centers (Gyms) are today IMO. It's very different and that change started in the 90s IMO. Not the 80s.