Home Security Suggestions

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They can be vicious dogs. Another thing, the neighbour had 6 kids, the dog was fantastic with his kids, not bad around me...a stranger was not getting after his kids...no way.

My brother in law had ADT. To me it seemed annoying, every time they went out, you had to arm it, get home disarm it. They finally got rid of it, the city brought in a by-law that after the 2nd false alarm that the police respond to was a $500 fine. And after the 1st fine, they did not reset you to 0 false alarms, nope another fine. The school board I worked for was always getting dinged with fines.
My dog was friendly, but aloof to strangers in public. But if a stranger were to come to my house, there's no way he's getting inside without my okay.
6jMVmZYl.jpg

lukin2006

Reaction score
My dog was friendly, but aloof to strangers in public. But if a stranger were to come to my house, there's no way he's getting inside without my okay.

That's what you want in a dog, at least that's what I think. My neighbour's dog was way to vicious, but they knew that and kept good control of the dog. Now, my dog would first lick the burglars, then prop the door open as they walked out with my stuff. But she does bark when someone is on my deck, so at least if I'm in bed I will be alerted. And since I'm in Canada, we are only allowed to use a hockey stick to fend off intruders.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what you want in a dog, at least that's what I think. My neighbour's dog was way to vicious, but they knew that and kept good control of the dog. Now, my dog would first lick the burglars, then prop the door open as they walked out with my stuff. But she does bark when someone is on my deck, so at least if I'm in bed I will be alerted. And since I'm in Canada, we are only allowed to use a hockey stick to fend off intruders.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Problem is, everyone in Canada carries a hockey stick!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My dog hated violence of any kind, if he wasn't involved, even on TV. He used to be a great helper when I was a bouncer. Two guys would start pushing each other and he'd run between them, teeth gnashing.........They didn't try to argue with him. :laugh:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several years ago I had a salesman come to my door and try to sell me a security system and service. I told him the neighborhood was safe and that we had a couple of policemen who lived in it so it was not a big concern.

Of course he persisted and went into his salesman spiel for a few minutes and he stressed, "When a burglar sees our sign, they will look for another house." So, with a serious look I asked him, "Okay then, how much for just the sign?" He was stunned and confused, so I said, "Since the sign scares off people, I just need the sign, so how much for just the sign?" He then said, "we do not sell the sign by itself."

I said something like, "That's okay, I am sure I can buy one at a local office supply store" and thanked him as I closed the door.

Moral of the story, get a "This house protected by" security sign :D

lukin2006

Reaction score
My dog hated violence of any kind, if he wasn't involved, even on TV. He used to be a great helper when I was a bouncer. Two guys would start pushing each other and he'd run between them, teeth gnashing.........They didn't try to argue with him. :laugh:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Fresh out of high school, I got a job as a bartender at a dive bar. Bouncer are tough people. I sure got some stories, and I'll bet you got some great stories...

To make a long story short, I became fast friends with 1 of the bouncers, he let people who were known for trying to rip the bartenders off, they would answer to him. :lmao:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Save the money and make yourself a sign. Here are some ideas:

Bet my gun is bigger than yours.

This property protected by a watchgator….that has not been fed.

Come on in.....out of targets.

I sell body parts.

The hourglass of your life began to run out with your first steps toward my door.

New soup, Campbell's Chunky Burglar.

I really don't have anything in here worth dying over.

If I am in a good mood, I will try and just wound you. I am never in a good mood.

I regard The Punisher as Looney Tunes.

If you are selling something, that means you have money. Go ahead and knock.

If you hear an alarm go off, just disregard it. They're afraid to come here.

Come on in, Texas Chainsaw family reunion going on.

Go around to the back window, that's where I keep the bazooka.

I am hiding in my house. Now you've got to ask yourself "why is he hiding in his own house"?

I was hoping you'd come along, I was beginning to think all the suicidal aholes had passed my house by.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
home security seems like a nice feature.

I've just only begun looking around on the internet but I thought I would ask on here to see if anybody has one they could suggestion or have experience with. Some of the Nest cameras look decent for the price, but from what I understand, you have to pay for their cloud subscription. Well, that seems dumb to me. Why can't I just use my hard drive? Anyway, I'm open to suggestions.
:muttley:
HXeiYLf.jpg

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Hosers..

GMO415

Reaction score
Get a pump .12 GA. You don't even need to have the shells. The AH breaking into your home will recognize the sound of it when pumped. The next sound you'll hear are the sounds of shoes hitting the pavement running away from your home.